Allegra

Comment from: Quiguen, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 22

I have used Allegra for a decade to control and minimize my system's allergic reaction to everything from trees to grasses and from cats to dogs and from mites to mildew-- I'm allergic to everything it seems at times! :-) Allegra 180 has been extremely effective for me, although I do supplement periodically with antihistimine eyedrops and/or a nasal steroid. That said, when pollen and ragweed counts rise drastically, Allegra helps immensely but does not relieve entirely my symptoms.

Related Reading: allegra

Comment from: Green Eyes, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I have indoor and outdoor allergies and Zytrec stopped working after many years of us. Dr. prescribed Allegra but I developed a cough, could not sleep, was nervous (hyper), made me thirsty and itchy. It did not stop my post nasal drip and runny nose. I stopped it after 10 days because of the problems.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

I didn't think i had allergies, but my doctor was really big on the study of the sinuses and he thought that everyone atleast at one time in their life had allergies. He retired and I got a new doctor. He asked me if i ever got up in the morning and had a sore throat. I said yes he said i probably have allergies and he put my on Allegra D. It made all the pressure in my sinuses go away! It makes me feel more awake and less hungry. I love it. I never have side effects unless I forgot to take it, then I feel tired that day and theres more pressure on my face. But i take it everyday and it helps.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 30

I suffered for years with upper respiratory infections due to my chronic nasal drip set off by my allergies. This lead to my developing Asthma. Allegra is the only drug that stopped my nasal drip, without side affects, and since using it, I don't get upper respiratory infections at all.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

I just started taking this a few days ago for an upper respitory infection/post nasal drip and havent slept since i started it. i am a total zombie hoping this will go away soon!

Comment from: bamboo, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 04

I have been taking taking Allegra 180mg once a day for over 5 years. While it is very effective in relieving allergic symptoms like itching eyes, ears, nose, face scalp it has a number of very unpleasant side effects, including: locks up the urinary tract bladder ache back pain leg and muscle cramps pain in the bottoms of feet Low energy level decrease in mental clarity and focus Sharp tickle in back of throat I do not feel the trade offs are worth it and have stopped taking it. Within 2-3 days I stopped experiencing the above side effects.

Related Reading: muscle cramps

Comment from: Kay, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 14

with Allegra 180mg I never was bothered with runnie eyes are nose but I have been without it since Dec. and my head is spinning and cant go.walk like a drunk person and cant look around fast almost fall down.

Comment from: 10power, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 26

I've been taking Allegra/generic, 60mg, 1x/day for many years and it worked very well for my year round allergies. Recently my insurance stopped covering due to OTC status. It's been very hard trying to find 60mg, found mostly 180mg, so I've been taking periodically and recently started having an irregular heart beat. Anyone have this problem?

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I have severe allergies and asthma. I took this med for about three years. It worked great on both problems and used it during half of my pregnancy. But after I went off for a while and then returned, I came to realize that my itchy skin, anxiety and severe constipation were caused by this medication. I've found Zyrtec since then, though it's not enough to control all my symptoms, it's better than the alternative.

Related Reading: asthma | pregnancy | anxiety

Comment from: szimmer9, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 18

I have post nasal drip and take it once daily, it seems I still have the drip. I also take Nexium for Acid Reflux and I noticed since I started taking Allegra 180mg tab, my acid reflux has gotten worse. I wonder why?

Related Reading: nexium | allegra

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 02

caused severe cramps in feet and legs. I had to stop taking the meds.

Comment from: notdizzy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I have been having chronic dizzy spells along with bad sinus headeches. I am truck driver and can't afford to take off for a headache, this has been going on for 4 years, I askedmy wife did she have any sinus meds, she remembered her allegra. Long story short no more dizzyness or headache until to the late part of the the day. In short it worked!

Related Reading: headache | allegra

Comment from: Marilyn, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 25

I've been taking this for about 3 years. I do not get colds, upper respiratory and sinus infections like I did in the past. I don't notice dryness of mouth or sleep problems. It works great for me.

Comment from: tara, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

Since i have been taking the Allegra i haven't been sleeping at night i wonder if this medicine is the reason or if it something else?

Comment from: sharon, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

After having persistent hives from an unkown cause, I started to take Allegra. Don't know why, but...immediately I found good results.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: LuckyDuck, 25-34 (Patient) Published: September 23

I have seasonal allergies...every season, all year long. The works...post nasal drip, dozens of sneezes per day, itchy/watery eyes, and stuffy nose, cough. I also suffer from headaches, and occasionally severe migranes. I have been prescribed dozens of medications, with no relief. I have tried tons of over the counter meds, most only help with 1 or 2 symptoms....never all of them. My doctor once prescribed me Allegra...within 30 minutes of taking it, I was at the emergency room with a severly swollen throat, and unable to breathe. I had an allergic reaction to allergy medicine!!! Figures...only me.

Related Reading: cough | allergy

Comment from: Patty, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

I have suffered from headaches for years and have tried Zyrtec, Claritin, and nothing really helped the headaches until I started taking Allegra about 2 weeks ago. No headaches altho I do seem to wake up wide awake after about 4 hours of sleep? I am, however much more alert during the day now. I have a history of migraine headaches but have been almost headache free the past 2 weeks!!

Related Reading: zyrtec | claritin

Comment from: Dalli, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 31

Well tolerated and does not make me sleepy. Works well for my seasonal allergies.

Comment from: don't have one, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 10

I've been taking Allegra/generic, 60mg, 1x/day for many years and it worked very well for my year round allergies. Recently my insurance stopped covering due to OTC status. Taking everyday since the season stated and recently started having an irregular heart beat. Anyone have this problem?

Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers See Slideshow
Comment from: curtisg452, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 24

seeing as how throat Irriation and coughs so hard you almost black out, are sides effects make this drug pretty worthless. Add in the fact I have to take this drug twice a day to have ANY effect (thats 2 180mg pills) First chance I get I'm going back to Claritin.

Related Reading: claritin

Comment from: nanarosa, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

My cough startd a couple of days befor Christmas 2010; I called my PCP and he called prescribed a 10 day treatmnt of antibiotic and a tiny pill for the cough; ten days came and went I still had th cough; had appointment with PCP 6 Jan 2011 - prescribed Allegra -the description said that it worked within an hour; an hour went and it was the next day, took a second - my cough is just as bad as when I went to see my PCP. I don't what could possibly be causing the cough which if so forceful that it causes a "dry heaves" and the cough last from a few seconds to five minutes or more.

Related Reading: cough | allegra

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 29

I have never had a problem with this drug. I sleep fine and have no grogginess or dizziness. I had quit taking it for a short while and when I caught a cold I had wheezy breath sounds and my doctor found I had a reduction in lung capacity. I had to use a bronchial steroid to correct this problem to increase my lung capacity.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: mstippy1965, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 19

I take Topamax for my migraines. I was still getting break-through headaches so my doctor thought I possibly had allergies as well, so she prescribed the Allegra. The good news is that the Allegra has really helped with the break-through headaches. The bad news is the horrible itching and the hives. So, I am on a Allegra vacation to see if I am having an allergic reaction to the Allegra. The Allegra really worked for me and really made a noticable difference as far as the headaches go so that is the positive. I am really going to hate it if I have to stop taking it. Taking a Benedryl chaser doesn't seem to help with the itching and hives either. I hope this helps others out there.

Related Reading: topamax | hives

Comment from: Angie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

I just started taking 180... cut it in half and I am still SO tired... I hope this goes away... can't do my job in zombie-status....

Comment from: janjo1972, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 19

I moved to arizona 10 years ago and the first year here I had nothing but one sinus infection after another.My doctor put me on allegra,(fexofenedine).No sinus infections for nine years. Very pleased.

Related Reading: sinus infection | allegra