Alli

Comment from: paddle-girl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

I am extremely pleased with this product. I was on a LOW-FAT version of a low-carb diet...for years,... & was stuck in a plateau. I have a verrrry sluggish metabolism. I tried Alli. I found I am eating as before... but started incorporating either one-half of a low-carb pita bread for sandwiches, OR a bit of rice, OR 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning. On top of that.... I exercise like a madwoman...... as before. Did I experience incredible weight loss with ALLI...? No,.... but I am extremely pleased... as I am actually eating a few carbs ..usually first thing in the morning. This is amazing... I have lost 30 pounds so far - in a 3-month period, but I feel great, feel like I am eating a NORMAL meal now. I still do not eat white flour, ice-cream, high-fat & high sugar foods. I have not eaten them in 10 years. However I have balance in my life again. I am SOOOOO HAPPY. Try this... If you are NOT metabolically resistant like me - you will lose much more quickly,.... but I am abolutely THRILLED with my SUCCESS. P.S. One thing though... It's like having a built-in baby-sitter or guardian watching over you. If you eat too much fat at one meal.... you better stay close to home.... or wear a panty-liner, I now count my fat grams & have been without incident for awhile. EXREMELY PLEASED WITH THIS PRODUCT. You will be - TOO...!!!

Related Reading: alli

Comment from: mistyeyesof7, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 20

I lost 189 pounds on this pill in 6 months then I could not afford the drug anymore since it wasn't on medicaid anymore, Now that they have renamed it it does not cost as much and I looking forward to starting back on it.

Comment from: pixiechick86, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

I have been taking alli since September 2008 and have since lost 60 lbs., my start weight was 296 lbs. I have been overweight my whole life and alli is the only pill I have taken that has helped me to change my life completely. Not one other diet pill has even began to do what alli has done for me I can't stress it enough! Alli has helped me to make better food choices and to make exercise a part of my everyday life. The alli program has been the easiest program for me to follow and as long as you know how to follow instructions it is as easy as PIE lol! Yes there are treatment effects but they only happen when you eat something that is over 15g of fat. Alli is a fat blocker but it also helps you to stick to your diet because if you don't you will get treatment effects. Alli does effect people differently but for the most part you only get treatment effects if you CHEAT ON YOUR DIET! So stick to your diet and exercise and you won't even feel or see the treatment effects of alli but you will most deffinately see weight loss results. It's all a mind game and lots of hard work but if there is a will there is a way! Alli has worked wonders for me and I hope this review will help someone else gain the confidence to proceed with their weight loss goals. Good Luck and God Bless! P.S. Be sure to get the alli starter pack first b/c they give you an online membership to their website which makes your life easier by providing different tools for your weightloss success!

Related Reading: alli | stress

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 04

i have only been taking alli for a month and have already started losing weight. i have lost about 5 lbs. i have had an accident or two by eating too much fat at one time but have learned my lesson and i am now eating healthier. i have been encouraged by reading the other ratings and hope to continue to lose more weight. i have about 70lbs to go.

Comment from: Susie, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 02

Alli 2012 GlaxoSmithKline changed the supplier of the Active ingredient Orlistat 60mg from Roche in Florence South Carolina, to India. The Orlistat from India is inert. Prior to the Orlistat shortage in January of 2012 this product was very effective. Alli with Orlistat from India does not work.

Related Reading: orlistat

Comment from: me, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 05

Alli worked for me when I used it, I am not using it now but plan on buying some soon to start my diet again. I crapped my pant too but it was because I ate a high fat diet (I learned my lesson). Those of you who are just starting; Don't fart!

Published: October 08

I have had looser stools and gas but I am losing weight and am eating a better, more balanced diet.

Comment from: cutiepie1, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

I've been taking Alli for almost a week. Its easy to use just take one at every meal. Now as for the side effects or wait, wait...."treatment effects", when they say DO NOT go over 15g of fat per meal they mean it. Don't go out and try to STILL eat that pound and a half of bacon and 5 dounuts. This is NOT a " I eat what I want and still lose weight thing." You have to work with this, you know eat right and work out. Also someone put a review on here saying DONT FART....this is so true! You may think that you just have a little gas.... GET TO A BATHROOM! Trust me on this one. As for the results..I just started, but I feel like my clothes are fitting a little loser! I hope someone finds this very helpfull.

Comment from: carissacrornelius, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 25

I have been taking alli for about 7 months now and i have already lost 50 lbs. Not only do i look better but i feel better. I feel healthier and i feel great about the way i look. I went from 190 lbs to 140 lbs.

Related Reading: alli

Comment from: ChicagoBride, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 08

I used this pill before my wedding to lose weight. I lost about 10 pounds in six weeks using Alli in the following way: I didn't want to get the oily gross side effects, so I alternated meals. Day One: Take Alli with Breakfast and Dinner (not at lunch) Day Two: Take it with Lunch (not at breakfast or dinner) I didn't have any of the side effects at all, but I was VERY careful not to go above 15 grams of fat at any given meal, even those where I wasn't taking Alli. I did gain the weight back after I stopped taking it, but that was my own fault- I stopped watching my diet and stopped exercising frequently. All in all, I give it a good review- it was extremely effective then, and I've just started taking it again.

Published: March 09

i have been taking it for 10 weeks, and have lost 20 lbs. i had a bmi of 47, now 43. i'm very happy with results so far, as on my own, i only lose 1.3 to 1.5 pounds a week. with alli, it's been an average of 2 lbs per week. i've definitely been on a lower-calorie diet and exercise 5 times a week, and alli is definitely helping my efforts.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 07

I have been taking alli for about a year now. I wrote my initial review back in November stating that, at that time i had lost approx. 5 pounds and had been taking alli for about a month. Alli has continued to help me lose weight. I take alli for about 2 months at a time, after that I notice I stop losing weight (but don't gain it either as long as I eat right). After a month of being off alli I take it again for 2 months, then off again, on for 2 mo's again and repeat... I have lost a total of 25 pounds to date, about 1/2 pound to a pound a week. (slow moving but hey at least its something) I feel better than I have felt in years. I haven't been at this weight since I was in my 20's. I still have a long way to go, about 45 pounds. If I put a little effort into some exersize i know i would lose faster. Good luck to ALL. Hope you all do well in your weight loss.

Comment from: festivelady826, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I have cancer (leiomyosarcoma) and take OxyContin for pain. I don't exercise much anymore, and have gained approximately 30 lbs. in the last 3 years. I bought Alli because my pain meds make me very constipated, and I had read previous reviews about the laxative effects. I love it! I abhor taking laxatives because of the cramping, gas, etc. I take Alli as directed with my meals and I keep them under the recommended 15 grams of fat. I no longer have constipation at all, but I have not had the oily discharge and spotting that others experienced, probably due to the high amount of pain mediciation I take. I lost 8 pounds in one month and I now have regular, painless BM's every day. This drug has been a miracle cure for my constipation and my weight gain! I suffered no ill side effects at all. Note: It is very important to keep your fat grams at or under the recommended amounts. The gas and oily discharge is brought about when one EXCEEDS the fat grams, as the drug cannot process the excess fat. It is very easy for me to stick to this plan by eating Lean Cuisines, or other pre-packaged meals with the caloric/fat gram count on the package. It is truly a no-brainer.

Related Reading: cancer | oxycontin | laxatives

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 30

I have been taking Alli for two weeks and have had good results. After reading many replies to this drug one thing people forget is your body has to adjust to the medicine just like any other. The uses say Alli breaks down the fat in foods to smaller pieces and what is not absorbed into the body goes to the bowl. So if you are consuming more than the alotted amount of fat intake for the day, what do you think is going to happen? The extra fat has to go somewhere and would you rather it stay in your body or go out in poo? The first week I did have mild cramping just before a loose stool but as my body adjusted to the medicine, I no longer have the cramps or the diarrhea. Cut back on your fat intake people and the poo's will go away and read the directions thoroughly!

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: AngelinaBabina, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 24

I am on a great many other medications that cause "dryness" and "weightgain" and after breaking my back 3 years ago and going into perimenopause needless to say I was at the END of my rope!!!!! I finally bit the bullet and grabbed both the started pack & the refill pack and jumped head first into it. I was amazed at how easy it was to follow and to maintain. I have been able to eat normal foods (not expensive yada yada packaged foods) but real store bought easy to prepare foods.! I've lost 42lbs in about 4 months and I've cried many tears of joy to know that I can to return to my ole self again after being inmobile in a brace for over a year and gaining well over 60lbs!. Even being almost 40yrs old and recovered from a broken back I am able to do a small routine on my ab lounger in the a.m. after my lil one goes to school and another just before going to bed which helps me burn calories while sleeping. I've also takin up a new hobby of boxing on a puchin bag in my basement :-) very great stress relief for those "type A" Personalities ;-) So far....I have recommended this to so many in my family and I will continue to do so to many more. I am excited as to the results and wish for many others to find the happiness that I am able to feel and achieve...EVERYONE deserves a lil Happyness!!!!!! Goodluck to you and God Bless , Angela :-) @-}----

Related Reading: perimenopause | stress

Comment from: jwright, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 21

I took the brand before it became and OTC I took 2 pills and now that it is OTC I still take 2 pills. You only experience the side effects if you eat high fatty foods. The nice thing about this med is it reminds you of what we put our bodies through from eatting bad foods. I have lost weight on the drug. There is no magic bullet you have to eat right and work out. It takes energy to gain weight so it takes energy to lose weight. At least with alli a lot of fat is coming out your body making it eaiser to lose weight.

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 (Patient) Published: April 25

Before your shortage last year I had really good results with Alli. Since the new stuff came out I have gained 8#! NOTHING else has changed about my diet or the way I eat. I bought the first box as soon as it came out again, not as bad as it is now, noticed it was not quite as good as before though. Now it does nothing. I bought it was just me but today I did an Internet search and see many complaints with the new manufacturer. Too bad, I won't be buying it anymore! You might be getting it cheaper or making more money on it now but trust me, you will be loosing many long term customers like me! Sorry to see another company succumb to greed!

Related Reading: alli

Comment from: slim13, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I had to review because of all the negative talk about the drug. I have only been on it 2 weeks, the people complaining are obviously not reading the label. Dont eat fatty foods! There are 2 things going on here. Helps you, well almost forces you, to cut down on fat or risks side effects and helps absorb less fat when you do. I am on a strict diet in hopes of losing some weight. I am healthy but I have put on a few extra in the last few years. I exercise and I eat food with almost little to no fat. (Egg white, chicken breast, veggies, salad, and I read every label b4 I eat)Some of these people compalining are probably eating McDonalds and then taking a pill or think they are eating fat free food and not reading the labels. Educate yourself people. I have had no side effects except once when I ate out with the family gave in to a craving and had a burger. I felt some crapping, mild, but I deserved it. Other than that one time I have never felt a side effect. I eat well. If you eat poorly this drug or any other drug will not work, geez.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 13

I started using this product in February and was seening weight lose results. Towards the end of March I started feeling very tired and just not myself, few days later I ended up in the emergency room and was told I had pancreatitis. I had no health insurance due to a cut back at work and now I am stuck with a $18,000 hospital bill. I would be very careful if you choose to use this product. The weight lose results did not compare to the pain and finacial hardship this has caused.

Related Reading: pancreatitis

Comment from: karlygula, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

I was very over weight. I still ate like crap hoping it was a miracle pill. As soon as I started eating right it was great. I considered surgery and I'm glad I didnt. GO ALLI!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 03

In 2008 I started using alli and had great results. When glaxosmithkline changed the formula and started getting it from India, it stopped working. Don't buy the new product. Something in it has changed, and glaxosmithkline know it.

Comment from: Tweety, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 20

I have been over weight my entire life. I was on the verge of committing suicide. But then I found god, and surrounded myself by those whom love me and have my best interest at heart. I then learn about this drug from my biology professor whom lost over sum 75lb from this drug. I have recently tried it and can see dramatic changes within my weight. I thrilled with the results. I have already lost 20 within 8 week along with diet and exercise. I filled with joy and wont to tell all I can about this drug. There is HOPE, there is HELP! its FDA approved. TRUST ME YOU WILL LOVE IT! I have changed my life and I’m sure it will change yours. JUST TRY IT. Like Obama said “ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE" welcome in the year 2009 as a dime piece.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 15

This the only weight loss product that I have used and felt as though I was not putting my health in danger. Also, I understood how to use the product and how to take it. I am very pleased. Weight loss have been more than I expected with no side effects.

Published: November 22

I have just been taking Alli for a week, and already feel my clothes are not as tight. I have no bowel side effects at all. However, I do sometimes feel sleepy after taking the pill. Does anyone have a similar experience? Might be because I forget to take a multi vitamin each day. Just wondering if any similar experiences.

Related Reading: alli

Comment from: dissapointedalliuser, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

This new Alli from India is absolutely not the same as the one I used in 2011! It doesn't work! Get your money back! So very disappointed!!!!

FDA Logo