Aloxi

Comment from: ladylyd45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 18

I receive Decadron and Aloxi for prevention of nausea and vomiting and it has worked extremely well for me. I have not experienced any nausea or vomiting and have just finished my third treatment (I'm three weeks on, one week off) so far with this session of chemo. This is my fourth diagnosis with breast cancer and and my fourth time on chemo in ten years (it's been seven years since my last diagnosis). The Aloxi seems to be a wonderful preventative for nausea! I highly recommend it!

Comment from: Turnbow6655-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 26

Six hours after receiving Aloxi injection, experienced horrible headache that near migraine level. I have had a couple of migraines in my life but not a chronic problem. Had to use ice pack alternatively with heat to get relief and my pain pills did nothing (percoset) for relief. 48 hours after dosing, was given Fioriset to help control pain. Didn't have nausea from the chemo but did from the migraine. Dr. will try something different next infusion.

Comment from: CatFromFL55-64 Published: May 09

Had a slight but annoying headache for the entire 24 hrs that this drug lasted in me. No nausea or vomiting but i will stick with other anti- emetics next chemo round.

Comment from: MamaDragon765-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 21

70-year-old female receiving Cisplatin and Gemzar for high grade, aggressive bladder cancer. Cisplatin is known for strongly producing nausea/vomiting within 2 hours of infusion. Given dexamethasone pills, Emend pill, and IV palonosetron (Aloxi) IV before chemo drug infusions. No nausea or vomiting on chemo day. I do need to use Emend, dexamethasone, Zofran, Compazine, and Xanax to control nausea on other days. Also use Colace and Senokot as needed to resolve constipation caused by chemo and anti-nausea drugs. Recommend Aloxi highly. Oh, another comment: someone said they were told that the anti-nausea effects of Aloxi last for a week. That is not so. Aloxi can only be given once a week.

Comment from: bssn1mso55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 18

Prior to R-CHOP chemotherapy treatment for Stage 1, B-Cell, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, I receive I.V. premeds that include Aloxi, Emend, Benadryl, Decatron, and Tylenol. After four of six planned sessions, each being three weeks apart, I have had no significant nausea reactions, neither during, immediately following, nor in the weeks following chemotherapy. I credit this to the complete combination of drugs, and to dedicated medical care from my oncologist.

Comment from: Kelley65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 21

Other than a pre-infusion olanzapene pill, Aloxi was the only IV med I was given prior to infusion of etoposide x 3 days. That was 10 days ago. I've had zero nausea and vomiting and only gave four stars for satisfaction because of level of sedation. Next round I'll get Aloxi etoposide infused day one, then take etoposide pills at home days 2 and 3.

Comment from: MARI Q45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 14

I'm on A/C now with T to follow. I was given Aloxi .25 push in IV , then Ememd 150/decadron 12mg IV.... at 1130 AM .. and have been insanely nauseous and cant even drink water since 5 when I got home .... they gave me zofran for breakthu but warned combining Emend and Zofran ... QT prolong or something .... said to wait til tomorrow for it .... I really feel awful ... AWFUL

Comment from: 8aq27f65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 08