Altace Capsules

Comment from: DIANE55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 22

I HAVE A TERRIBLE DRY COUGH THAT I CANT GET RID OF - ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 22

Altace 2.5 About two hours after I take it,I have indigestion so bad that I have to take two or three Rolaids and an extra strentgh tylenol to get thru an 8 hour day at work. I have been on Cardizem 180 mg, Exforge,5/160mg,Altace 2.5, Enalapril Maleate 20mg, Fluoxetine HCL 20mg, Altace 5mg, back to Altace 2.5,and Clonazepam 0.5. I feel sick all the time. I have hot flashes and chills while I am on Altace. Is this normal side effects?

Comment from: Ziggy45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 19

It brought my blood pressure down to a normal level but the nagging dry cough irritated my throat and chest.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 30

I have been using Altace for a few years. It worked on bringing my BP down to a safe level. I was at the low end of high. After reading the other reviews, I now believe that the itching I have on my lower legs may be a side effect. I take a Zyrtec once every 4-5 days and stops the itching. I also have the dry cough mostly at night. I also have decreased sexual desire(I'm 43) but I don't see this mentioned in any other reviews so I can't say gthat it has anything to do with Altace. I think I'm going to talk with my doctor and try something else to see if the side effects will go away.

Comment from: pricillawy75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 18

My insurance recently stopped paying part of my altace. I was given ramipril as a generic. swelling of tongue, very bad cough, became so hoarse that I could hardly talk, very dry mouth and throat, while with the altace I only had the occasional dry cough at night. So now I am back on altace with no side effects but occasional cough... /so now I spend my time figuring out how I can pay for the altace on social security.. My heart specialist wants me on altace but my question is "have the insurance companies become doctors"

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 28

I have been on Altace for about two years. I started with 5 mg. and was increased to 10 mg. Overall, it has been very effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, I too have itchy skin which has not yet been attributed to Altace. However the treatment I receive for the itchiness has not eliminated this condition. I will ask my doctor if this is a side-effect of this drug. Thank You very much.

Comment from: cjmcp55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 02

Taking Altace for 2 weeks. Lowered my BP, along with Coreg, Calan and Diovan but I developed a constant dry cough and phlem, all day and all night. Annoying to my co-workers. Annoying to me.

Comment from: nurse with htn45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 24

After one year of use I noticed that I had a lot of joint pain, back and neck pain to the point that I had to use a heating pad everyday and ice to my left knee (had arthroscopy 3 years ago). It got so bad that I had an MRI and went to PT before I found out accidently that my joint pain went away on the day I forgot to take my BP meds. I had to have my PMD change my meds. Also, I had a decrease in energy and took a lot of naps on the weekends. Low level of energy, didn't want to do much. Seems these are common but not well known side effects. I had to do some research to find this out. Interesting! I just thought it was menapause! It was not!

Comment from: cag35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 02

This is wonderful! I was on another BP medication and I felt tired and gained weight. I switched to Altace in February and have lost the 14 pounds I gained, my energy is back and most important. My blood pressure is 120/80. I take 5 mg. once a day (before bed). I feel great!

Published: July 23

Ok so I am rating this for my hubby, who has taken Altace for several years, however, in the last year or so, he has had multiple sinus infections, unproductive coughing spasms which almost result in vomiting. Has anyone else had this adverse reaction to this drug after being on it for a few years?

Comment from: sanpablokid65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 07

I often have dry, itchy skin and did not associate it with Altace until reading the attached reviews. I wil speak with my Doctor.

Comment from: uncle phil45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 29

i have been taking altace for nearly 20 yrs with no problems.had to switch to a geniric didn't work.went back to altace.

Comment from: cae45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 09

I started with 5 mg taken daily for blood pressure in the 150/100 range. I was one of the 10% that developed a chronic cough and chest tightness from the coughing. As Altace was working on regulating my blood pressure, I tolerated the cough knowing I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor in about ten days. I then developed intense joint pain primarily in my ankles and wrists but not limited to these areas. I went to the doctor four days before my 3 week review after starting this medication. The doctor was unaware of joint pain as a symptom but changed my medication. After three days, my cough has lessened but my joint pain is still severe and is only made tolerable by frequent ibuprofen tablets. I highly recommend contacting your doctor immediately if you start to cough as the prolonged joint pain isn't worth taking a chance on!

Comment from: Neo55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 08

Altace caused a terrible Eczema type rash which gradually worsened until it became unbearable...

Comment from: XTrust_No1X45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 04

This medication has been easy to use, and has done wonders for my high blood pressure. Although it does have a few minoor side effects, like coughing(dry) and my skin itches. Other than that, I am very pleased with the drug.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 14

Tiredness, Dry cough, Leg muscle ache, temple ache on and off, sometime blurred vision (cloudy flashers). Did lower the BP to 130/78 so works.

Comment from: HJ55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 29

Been taking this for 2 weeks so its efficacy is still in question. I will know more in a month. The side effects have been miserable,,,extreme dizziness and some flashing pain in my right temple from time to time. Will give it another week and if the dizziness does not end it will be time to find a new drug for my hypertension.

Comment from: makinit55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 22

I have taken this drug for over 10 years, I have had no side effects with Altace, however the Generic drug has caused side effects that were clearly from the Generic. The insurance company did not want to approve the Name Brand for some time but I continued to fight for the Name Brand which finally was approved but I have to pay a steep deductible for it.

Comment from: retsec55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 31

This medication may have worked, but I developed a terrible cough. Did not sleep for 5 months until I discovered that coughing is a side effect of this medication. I immediately stopped taking it and the coughing also stopped.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 29

I had taken altace in the past with no problems and had quit taking it.My Dr put me back on it but when I had the prescripton filled, the pharmacy gave me the generic.The constant coughing is very irritating. I have to assure everyone that I do not have anything contagious but that the cough is the result of my BP med. Could it be that I do not have this side effect with the brand name but do with the generic?

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 15

my only complaint is a dry cough especially in the am.

Comment from: VAL35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 06

ALTACE WORKS BETTER FOR ME THAN ANY OTHER HBP MED. IT SEEMS TO STAY IN MY BODY LONGER AND WORK BETTER THAN OTHERS. MY BP IS LOWERED WITH JUST ONE PILL AND IT LASTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 28

The Altace lowered my blood pressure substatially and had no obvious side effects except one. I suddenly had severe reactions to lobster. A well regarded allergist did testing on me and concluded that the Altace brought about a secondary allergy to that particular food. it has happened numerous times and only to lobster. I've decided to forego this favored treat

Comment from: altace55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 09

My doctor recently took me off Altace due to cough for 9 months. She acted a though this was a common complaint, Has anyone else had a similar experience? I have taken med for over 6 yr with no problem.

Comment from: Doug35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 16

I have been on altace, and Norvasc for over 1 year now and went from 200/140 to 120/80 this is good combo., I have had some side effects, mostly off and on Dry cough, can be stopped with use of Halls Centers cough drops, but must be patient when starting treatment it takes time, as My dr. said bp must be dropped steadly and slowly if dropped to fast that can be harmful, expecially to your kidneys, I went from on dr, who was not treating right and trying to lower my to fast to the dr, i am with now who used Norvasc and altace, I know what can happen when lower to fast, I suffered from Acute Kidney shutdown, when it was lower to fast, took 36 hrs to recover and now has 1 to 2 pecent kidney damage, but with the use of altace and norvasc, and a Doctor that now knows what he is doing, he has controled my bp and no further problems, but have to yearly for blood and urine tests, it works just takes time.

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: MiMi65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 10

I have been on this drug for 3 years for prevention of kidney disease from diabetes. I think it has helped, although my diabetes is basically under control. My blood pressure has always been low normal and remains so with the altace. I'm a happy camper right now.

Comment from: manuela45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 27

makes me cough (dry cough) at any time of the day, specially at night. I need to have a bottle of water handy or cough lazenges.

Comment from: Carebear55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 27

I've been taking for about 3yrs. No problem. Insurance changed it to generic. Fluid retention and itchy. Paying the extra co-pay now to get off the generic. Back to normal.

Comment from: Rich55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 12

No side effects, using generic, keeps BP perfect, have been using for 8 years, 10mg. per day.

Comment from: MCB45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 03

Been on Altace/Rampril for several years; works well; I do have that dry cough with a tickling feeling in the throat. Seems to have become more persistent over the last year. Otherwise no complaints.

Comment from: Roger55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 22

I take several meds so it took me a long time to determine it was Altace 40 mg that was causing a severe cough. Switched to Avapro which led eventually to same side effect. Now satisfied with taking Benicar.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 29

I've been taking altace for 3 years. BP has been normal but is causes phlem for a good part of day i'm clearing my throat, also itchy legs especially a night.Will see Dr. soon.

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 22

has limited time effect, maybe 5 to 6 hours

Comment from: Catherinemba25-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 31

Been on the meds 5 years when I woke up with a swollen lower lip. Had an allergic reaction called Angioedema and was rushed to the ER. Beware this class of medication: ACE inhibitors!!!

Comment from: speedy890945-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 29

The only problem I have is the cough,like a dry tickle feeling in my throat. I only been on it 2 weeks, I will give it some time and hopefully it stops

Comment from: ken45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 25

feeling dry skin and scratciness

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 14

drizziness, lightheaded, fever like symptoms.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 10

caused constant coughing fits

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 04

no known problems. seems to have helped lower b/p along with Bisoprolol. uriinating often though. Could these cause this??

Comment from: MRDKNIGHT75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 01

IT HAS HELPED TO CONTROL MY BLOOD PRESSURE AND HAS HADNO SIDE EFFECTS

Comment from: ujinxme25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 31

WAS ON THIS MEDICATION FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AND IT WORKED PRETTY GOOD. NO REAL PROBLEMS WITH TAKING IT. THEN ONE DAY I DEVELOPED SWELLING, ITCHING, AND SEVERE HIVES. OVERNITE I DEVELOPED SEVERE REACTIONS TO SEVERAL OF MY MEDICATIONS, INCLUDING THIS ONE. HAVE HAD A HARD TIME FINDING A REPLACEMENT BP DRUG THAT WORKED AS GOOD AS ALTACE FOR ME. WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS DRUG UNTIL I DEVELOPED A REACTION TO IT.

Comment from: Michele45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 20

I have a severe arrhythmia condition and take medications for that. I just took my first Ramipril 2.5mg this afternoon and feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. My BP recently started spiking for some unknown reason. Hate the way I feel, not taking another pill would rather deal with the HP spikes which are horrible. BP is great though, no spikes in last 4 hours!!!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 21

I've taken Altace/Ramipril for along time. I have had constant clearing of throat, but now I've picked up a cough w/some phlegm and sinus congestion. Dr. says it's allergy's. Taking 10 mg,am & pm. Tried to come off drug over weekend to see if it stopped my cough, but developed a blotchy red rash on thighs. Added 10 mg back, and rash is about gone. Works great on my bp, hate to stop it.

Comment from: spammy45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 06

I get a little light headed once in a while, tired sometimes, but other than that I feel fine

Comment from: barbtheshaw55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 05

Had been on 2.5 mg. Altace for about 1 year, then BP increased steadily. Doctor upped dose to 2 pills of 2.5 mg.each day and still no help. He added toprol 50 mg. to stop rapid heartbeat and pulse. BP still fluctuates dramatically (I can go from 150/95 to 135/80 in 15 min. so I must stop Altace since it is not working at all. I experienced severe dry cough and phlegm, some dizziness and tiredness. Will start diovan tomorrow and see if that helps.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 11

The medicine lowered my BP to within normal limits in less than 48 hours. As I have both diabetes and seizures that can cause damage to my kidneys and liver, the medicine is helping to prevent this from happening.

Comment from: CarlZ45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 07

Although the benefits outweigh the risks the side effects have been intense. Vertigo while driving and coughing with gagging and some nausea have been experienced. Another side effect is a feeling of well being...perhaps being more relaxed due to decreased BP does that.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 27

I had been on Altace for 2 yrs with zero side effects and great BP readings. We recently changed health care providers and this provider wont cover Altace at least initially. My doc prescribed Lisinopril as a generic, after reading the reviews on this drug I think I'll pass on Lisinopril.

Comment from: kermit14835-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: August 12

I had high blood pressure - 160/90. after taking this a week my pressure dropped to 60/40. called 911, almost fainted, they stuck an iv in my arm and rushed me to the hospital. needless to say I'm not taking this medication anymore.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 31

I was fine until my insurance stopped paying for the brand name. I was given the generic and developed an extremeely severe and itchy rash along with severe muscle cramping. I take no other meds so I knew this was it. I went to THREE doctors who all concluded it was the generic giving me the problem. Too bad my insurance company won't believe them.

Comment from: Mikey55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 03

I have been taking this med for a couple of years now. My BP is back to normal again. I never had any side effects from this med which is a relief.

Comment from: cheriknott45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 21

I'm on it less than 2 wks. - systolic is still high - feeling fatigued. will give it more time, and keep monitoring.

Comment from: Mb75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 08

Severe Rash on arms and legs.

Comment from: CR45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 30

Had high blood pressure. Went to the doctor . Was prescribed Ramipril. Take 5mg per day. This has been effectively controlling condition for about 3 years.

Comment from: Emma3-6on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 12

I have taken this for about six months now and i have itching alot and headaches, also i have had and a dry cough.my blood pressure was ok, but the doctor wanted me to start this because i am diabetic,and it would help my kidneys long term,how ever i now seem to have high blood pressure which i didnt have before, could it be from taking Altace.

Comment from: Bede65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 05

Have been taking 10 mg for about 6 months after being on 5. I've noticed a condition of salivating excessively - not actual nauseous, just have to spit a lot.

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: mg65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 10

It was added to my atenolol prescription about two years ago and has kept my blood pressure more even. I have definitely noticed a reduction of swollen ankles which were in direct correlation with my bp.

Comment from: Skipole55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 05

Been on Altace for two (2) years - brought my diastolic pressure down from over 100 to high 80's. Cough is a hassle but worth the cost of lower pressure. Recently added a diuretic in addition- lowered pressure another 5 points and am now in low 80's.

Comment from: jack65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: June 04

Comment from: Ramipril75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 02

I've been taking this medication for a year and a half and feel it is working in me though I still have to lower my cholesterol level more to a healthier number.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 03

I am sleepy, hungry and depressed all the time...weight gain sluggish.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 30

I cough too much..will have to give it up.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 17

I had a constant cough after take of this medicine , I stopped now.

Comment from: roona265-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 25

5 years no problems

Comment from: Dennis55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 12

I have been taking Altace 2.5 for apx. six weeks and have been suffering with horible headaches. I can no longer take this pain.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 24

I DEVELOPED A COUGH AND MY DOICTOR ADDED ANOTHER DRUG ATACAND 32MG. ANOTHER DOCTOR TOLD ME TOSTOP TAKING ALTACE. I DO NOT KNOW WHICH DOCTOR IS RIGHT. IS IT HARMFUL TO TAKE BOTH MEDICATIONS?

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 12

I have been on this drug for two years. My blood pressure is like a roller coaster. It certainly has not controlled my blood pressure to within 10 points.I also experience itching of the skin all over my body which I did not know what to attribute it to.

Comment from: daveg5355-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 31

Not as harsh as others I've tried

Comment from: [email protected] or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 08

Blood pressure has come down.

Comment from: MINERVA RAMIREZ65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 13

I HAVE DEVELOPED A COUGH PRETTY SEVERE.

Comment from: billyboy1h45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 04

I do get a slight cough in the morning. But it does not last more then 5 minutes. And a slight indigestion problem through the day time hours.

Comment from: sparky65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 28

erectal disfunction and cold feet, poor circulation

Comment from: generic name rampiril75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 19

helps lower bloodsugar too

Comment from: daisy55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 13

Since my doctor increased my dose to 5mg at night and 2.5mg in the morning, I am having better results in keeping my bp low.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 24

Comment from: Bill55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 04

I've taken Altace for years, was in study group. Excellent control of BP. Put a little Vicks under your nose at night and you won't cough!

Comment from: Jo75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: August 18

Dosage with best results for me is 5mg capsule morning and night, This dosage has been very effective for me.

Comment from: REL35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 12

On 2.5 MG for 5yrs.+ You could set your watch by my BP since I've been on. Dr.advises it may help protect kidney-I have damage from ? cause. I have itching-ankles/legs mostly-use cold compress or ice-but for no longer than 5 min.

Comment from: catseye23145-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 31

I have had no problems with this medicine. I have tried three different kinds and this works best.

Comment from: debra1220345-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 16

at my last monthly doctors visit my blood pressure was still high. ive been having terrible headaches that wake me up at night i dont know what to attribute them to. i also take neurontin and seroquel.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 16

I went from 10mg to 20mg and back to 10mg. My pressure is now 110/68. I do feel fatigue, but I take a number of medications, so who knows. Worth the effort for the lower pressure.

Comment from: syfrans75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 17

Altace seems to work along with my other meds:lipitor, coreg, benecar, norvasc, lasix,and some aspirin

Published: February 25

Comment from: Monk75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 23

Comment from: June75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 18

This drug makes me sleepy. It helps control my hypertension, but the sleepiness is a problem.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 10

I am a reanal patient and I am 26! Im not sure if what im going through is side affect or just another down turn of having one kidney! Im frequently drinking a lot of water and do go to the toilet alot more than normal people than people with 2 kidneys but what comes out never equates to whats coming out! Ive put on a bit of weight, itching scalp, sore heads, constant feeling of dehydration and a definate decrease in sex drive... and im a newleywed! I take a 2.5mg dose in the morning and havnt suffered a cough though i do beleve thats normal on blood pressure medication.

Comment from: gdhh2255-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 24

Having erctile dysfunction. Even with Viagra it does not work. Other than that, it is fine.

Comment from: rockjaw195255-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 22

I am a 56 year old male. I have been using this med for over 4 year's. I am very satisfied with it. At the age of 54 I went tru quadruple bypass surgery. The medicine does a very good job of controling my blood pressure, with few side effects. Some worse than other's, Since the bypass surgery and the damage done by a heart attack. I have a drowsiness problem and e.d. problems. One of the main problems I have is the expence of the med. Since I had to retire after the operation an heart damage I am on a limited income, who has to have this med and have to do without other thing's to stay on it. Since losing my job, I have no Insurance, I do hope the drug companies soon come out with a GENERIC.

Comment from: Duke6565-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 31

no noticable side effects, easy to swallow, no interactions to avoid, works well with diabetic therapy

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 20

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 28

palpitations, tightness in chest, pain in left arm, severe headaches, dizziness

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 10

Have been on this medication for 3.5 years. It has brought my BP down to acceptable levels although not perfect levels. The doctor said we could increase the dose, but that could cause other side effects. Right now there have been no side effects to report.

Comment from: joe45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 27

Published: October 21

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: September 18

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 14

It was a easy transition from a calcium channel blocker to Altace/

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 04

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 29

Comment from: 55-64 Published: October 22

HYPERTENSION

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 06

Comment from: altaceq5dvst75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 23

Have taken 10 mg Altace for over ten years with satisfactory results.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 24

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 21

Comment from: gloria35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 27

I have not taken the med yet it was prescribed for me d/t HBP and protein in my urine from diabetes

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 10

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 21

keeps blood pressure under control

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 22

I have been suffering with fatigue, headaches, and dizzy. I'm not sure if it is the MVP or if it is the medication. I have to confult the doctor.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 22

I was on this medication for about 6 months, but I developed a dry/persistent cough, so I went onto hydrochlorothiazide.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 31

lowered my blood pressure

Comment from: db115745-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 24

Comment from: sandy55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 17

My BP still fluctuates, and at times it is still too high.

Comment from: George Knob55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 14

Altace is a effective treatment for High Blood Pressure.

Comment from: tobylady65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 31

Comment from: connie55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 28

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 24

I developed an extremely dry cough and could barely swollow when it would occur so I have stopped taking it every day.

Comment from: katie55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 27

it is suppose to raise y heart rate and i have cirrhosis

Comment from: kaymitz55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 14

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 01

Diagnosed with CHF and heart enlargement 5 months ago due to a viral infection of my heart causing damage. At that time EF was 25%. I began taking 2.5 mg generic Altace (ramipril)once a day at that time along with carvedilol/Coreg 2X a day, 3.125 mg each dose. After four months the ECHO showed an EF of 45%. I'm extremely happy with this progress. No noticeable side effects with the Altace. At first, some dizziness when standing up after sitting which is normal. I have no complaints about this medication.

Comment from: Merchant of Venice-4465-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 29

My Endocrinologist at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston prescibed this ACE Inhibitor as a preventative medicine and protection against Kidney Disease. I was a 58 yr old male and a Type II diabetic for over 25 years. The drug did drop my BP about 10 points and there is no way to know whether it prevented any Kidney issues. My kidneys have been OK for years and are still OK. One side effect after taking the drug for 4 years was a chronic cough which stopped when I switched to a drug named COZAR

Comment from: John1619-24on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 02

My daughter is Type 1 Diabetic. She was prescribed Altace 2.5mg once per day. She changed doctors and now takes 2.5mg three times a day. Do other patients take 7.5mg per day?

Comment from: HBP55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 01

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 25

took for over 2 years now have severe reaction to the drug

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 13

It lowers my blood pressure in a very short time after taking.

Comment from: mmmm65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 01

okay

Comment from: mommiemed35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 27

I have been on Altace for about a month. I so far have tolerated it. Has anyone else ever experienced being sick at stomach? I have never had high blood pressure, I have always had low. I am on Altace due to microalbuminuria. We will see at next doctor check up.

Comment from: shelby65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 12

disziness now and then

Comment from: 13-18on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 26

Comment from: puppygal65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 05

Does this drug interact with garlic

Comment from: pecan65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 10

Comment from: g55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 06

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 06

Comment from: FLORES75 or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 03

IT IS OKAY

Comment from: papabear18245-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 27

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 13

Comment from: DeniseinBC45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 12

This medication has been HORRIBLE for me. A few years ago I was on it and developed major anxiety, sinus infections and cough. Severe on all levels. So went off the drug and those things went away... took a while for the anxiety to stop however. About 5 months ago, my protein leak spiked so I tried this med again at 5 mg. After a couple of months cough, water weight gain (10 lbs), anxiety and major neck and shoulder pain. Went off of it. Dropped weight and pain and anxiety fairly fast... probably as I wasn't on it as long as first time. So a month after being off the Altace, protein spikes again. So thought I'd try low dose. 1.25. No effect on the protein leak but stopped losing weight immediately and neck and shoulder stiffness. Doubled the dose to 2.5 a week ago and within a couple days severe neck and shoulder pain and water retention.. started gaining even though I jog everyday and am on a calorie restricted diet. Today I have made the decision I can't take this med. At 2.5mg the protein is reduced but I am miserable. I am also major allergic to Atacand.. Angiodema caused vocal chords to swell and it took 5 weeks to heal after coming off that drug. So I have no proteinuria drugs I can take. Scary but this is not living life with all these side effects either.

Comment from: mayorman55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: August 31

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 03

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 11

I have a history of congestive heart failure. After my second bypass surgery, I experienced severe neusea for 10 weeks, was very weak and lost 27 pounds. My cardiologist first directed I see a gastrointerologist, then suggested a psychiatrist (which upset me greatly). I stopped taking the Altace he had prescribed following my surgery and began feeling better within a couple of days and was fine after a week. In subsequent conversations with other heart surgery patients, I found neusua was a common complaint of patients prescribed Altace. I also changed cardiologists.

Comment from: rudy vermes75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 19

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 14

Have had good experience with Altace, but now company is wanting to put me on raprilmal or something like that. What are the comparisons for these two drugs. Should this other one be substituted and does it work as well as Altace.

Comment from: msouthpisces8 Published: July 25

have cauesed renal problems

Comment from: AVILES55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 04

a LITTLE ERECTILE dISFUNTION

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 10

Comment from: lyn35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 30

The medication has worked well for me. I have been on it for over 4 years with no side effects.

Comment from: june75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 01

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 19

Persistant dry/tickle cough. Couldn't get any sleep. Became an annoyance to my husband, boss, co-workers & friends.

Comment from: Microbionic55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 10

I am taking Altace to prevent heart attack after being disgnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy. During the first 2 months on the medication, I experienced occasional dry cough that didn't bother me. Then I got the flu last year (Nov 08) and since then, my cough after taking Altace daily, has worstened and occurs mostly at night. My PMD advised me to stop the med for 4 days to see if the cough subsided. It did. I started back on the Altace and the cough returned. I use lozenges at night which help only slightly. During the day now I am frequently clearing my throat as if I have post nasal drip which I have never experienced before being on this med. I will ask my cardiologist to reduce my dose to 1.25mg, then see if the symptoms persist. This medication has been a Godsend as far as my cardiomyopathy is concerned, along with Toprol XL, and my pacemaker, I now have more energy, and feel so much better than I have felt in a long time. The cardiac problem was not diagnosed until my Primary physician recommended a consult because my symptoms were thought to be related to MS, which was diagnosed 6 years ago. Probably both conditions existed simultaneously for several years (I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse more than 20years ago). I feel blessed and am ever greatful to all of my physicians because they saved my life. I want to reap the benefits of Ace Inhibitors but if the symptoms persist, I will have to change meds. The cough frightens me because it is spasmotic, so much so that I'm afraid that this causes more problems for my heart. God Bless all of us who are trying to be patient with taking this medication.....Namaste

Comment from: Robert Phillip55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 02

I took Ramipril 10mg.for 7 years following a stroke in 2002. I had a mild stroke in April 2009, but this was almost certainly brought on by a very severe fever with high temperature - casue still unknown.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 02