Ambien

Comment from: Sheryl 55-64 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: August 06

Well I have read all the reviews and I think this medicine is like EVERY other medication...it works great for some and not for some. I am SO GLAD it works for me!!! I have had chronic sleeping problems for so long I don't even remember. I am a 58 yr old ADHD woman that does not take anything for that and my mind is constantly working!! I haven't had a decent night's sleep in so long. Tried Trazadone and did help at all. My doctor finally prescribed Ambien for me and I almost cried the next morning from the awesome restful night of sleep I got. I will never try or take anything else! My doctor said some people are that way that just certain drugs work for certain people. So I am so thankful to him to trying this on me!! #restfulsleepernow

Comment from: SD 55-64 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: July 31

As a therapist I am hearing nothing good of Ambien, not only is it addictive, but 3 of my past or present clients have reported not reporting what they have done, falling not knowing, waking up with bruises and bumps, not remembering the night before and more. I am really horrified that such medication is out there and doctors seem to give it to so many. Worried Therapist in Texas.

Related Reading: ambien | bruises

Comment from: Zolpidem 75 or over Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: July 14

Helps me sleep. Taking for over 10 years

Comment from: Upset 45-54 Transgender Caregiver Published: June 10

This drug should be taken off the market! Very dangerous! Causes sleep walking, disassociate behavior. Tired as hell the next day! Do to the fact that my son a firefighter got in his car drove did things and had no recollection of any of it. It’s happened every time he takes this drug. Causes depression! The company should be sued. I’ve had friends with the same reactions. Finally After a serious episode. He realized how scary and dangerous it is . Take it off the market.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Bko 35-44 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 05

I take Xanax and adderall so after a 10 hour workday, my mind gets restless. Thinking too much. So Ambien knocks me out. Getting a Rx

Related Reading: xanax | adderall | ambien

Comment from: Bailey 45-54 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: March 03

I take it for insomnia but a PTSD Psychiatrist who was formerly a brain surgeon said that a small increase will take away your nightmares and it has for the past 10 years. I no longer have to re-live those events. Sleep like a baby.

Related Reading: insomnia | nightmares

Comment from: ElPolloDiablo 45-54 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: January 11

How I wish my insurance would still cover this, even if it was at tier 3 and cost me $200 a prescription. Prior to starting on this I would go 4-5 days without sleep. I'm not talking fitful sleep where I would toss and turn, but 4-5 days awake for the entire 24 hours of the day. There is a reason sleep deprivation is a torture method. It is horrid. Ambien changed my life. I would take one, then I would have about 15 minutes to get to where I was sleeping. I would close my eyes and not open them for 8 hours. The only drawback is that it is an amnestic, so it may be that you get up at night and do some stuff, like raid the fridge, and not remember. It is also a bit of a truth serum in that you find yourself talking before you think about what you're saying. Best way to handle that is to take it when you get into bed. If your insurance covers this, or if you have the means, insist on this rather than generic zolpidem. I've heard professionals swear that generics are equivalent to brand names, but they are not in my experience. The effect and time for delivery is vastly varied depending on which generic manufacturer you are using. I have found some to have no little to no effect. Maybe it's just me.

Related Reading: ambien

Comment from: Mert 75 or over Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: December 06

Have chronic insomnia

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 15

I’ve tried every sleep aid, Melatonin, Unisom, Benadryl, etc. This is the only one that works without feeling groggy the next day!

Related Reading: benadryl

Comment from: Insomniac 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: April 22

I am very satisfied. For the fist time in a long time, one pill and 6-8 hours of undistirbed sleep. I have tried everything herbal, over counter and controlled prescriptions. This is the first one that checks all the boxes.

Comment from: Just 45-54 Female 5 to less than 10 years Caregiver Published: March 28

It works.

Comment from: 45-54 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: January 23

this is the only meds that effectively puts me to sleep and allows me to have unbroken sleep for atleast 4 or more hours i wakeup refreshed and non groggy

Comment from: 75 or over Male 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: January 13

Starting to forget!

Comment from: needrealambien 45-54 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: January 05

Name brand Ambien works great. No waking side effects and doesn't linger in system. However, if you are going to take generic equivalent Zopidem, please read the following: I have to cut generic Zolpidem pill in half, sometimes thirds, because full pill turns me into a useless zombie following day. I take 15 minutes before laying down, gets me to sleep and only wake 2-3 times during sleep, mainly to readjust position. Dream well. However, even with just half a pill, I can't get myself out of bed for about 10-12 hours, I experience severe vertigo for 1-3 hours accompanied by 4-5 hours of dopiness, and experience a near total loss of meaningful cognitive function and any motivation to get anything done. Zolpidem (generic) is NOT to be compared to Ambien, as Ambien has none of these awful side effects. Sadly, the existence of Zolpidem and price-gouging in the US has prevented insurance coverage for Ambien and purchase of Ambien for the millions of us without insurance. Zolpidem is not safe, for hours after waking up I am still unable to drive without being under the influence. FDA should take this drug off the US market. In the meantime, it would be much safer and productive, sadly, to live with chronic insomnia.

Related Reading: ambien | insomnia

Comment from: Allen 55-64 Male 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: December 19

I sleep about 5 hours a night taking sodium generic for ambien, Been taken 5years since my wife passed away.3 years ago stated needing stronger and now taking 10 mg. Still lucky to get 5 or 6 hrs sleep, don't have any issues with taking them , but if I don't,,I don't Sleep!! I am 64 year old male

Comment from: 25-34 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: October 29

arun

Comment from: Trustme2019 Female less than 1 month Caregiver Published: September 24

Watching my husband was the scariest thing while taking Ambien. He looked like he was on heroin all day, his eyes were bug eyed, he had chronic diarrhea, extreme all day drowsiness, constant muscle movement, restless leg syndrome, his behavior changed, he would shake constantly, and he was losing weight rapidly. BEWARE! RUN AWAY! It’ll ruin you!

Related Reading: ambien | diarrhea | restless leg syndrome

Comment from: 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 18

I shopped for three hours with my son.spent 48.$ to make a pie and a cake..THEY CALL THESE BLACK OUTS.there are more stories.but my final wake up was,I awoke standing in my kitchen in the middle of the day.standing over the kitchen sink cutting both my wrists open, with a rusty box cutter.Luckily I had no real never damage..and I take nothing that can take over my senses.exercise a lot helps sleep.SO NO ONE SHOULD TAKE THIS MEDICATION..

Comment from: 45-54 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: September 15

Late night eating, Amazon Binge shopping. Holy smokes! People do crazy stuff on the medicine. I still take it for sleep due to menopausal issues. Just be careful. Not good for long term though.

Sleep Disorders: Foods That Help Sleep or Keep You Awake See Slideshow
Comment from: 13-18 Female Patient Published: August 30

I only give one star because I am allergic to it. I’m not allergic to any other medicine except this one. I was vomiting & my tongue swelled up the first night.