Amrix

Comment from: cowgurl67, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

I have hynerated dics in both back and neck and stay in pain constantly. I just started taking this medicine about 5 days ago. I have taken flexeril for years now and never really received the releif I felt I needed. I'm guessing that since this is extended release it could be the reason I feel a little relief. I don't feel groggy or drowsey from taking this medicine. I plan on continuing this medicine to see if over time it will help my pain more. I'm not sure how expensive it is, but when my doctor gave me samples, they also gave me a coupon for up to $20 off, the doc made the comment that it must be really expensive to offer $20 off. I'm on workman's comp, so they paid for it. I probably wouldn't have been able to get it if I had to pay for it.

Related Reading: flexeril

Comment from: indiansprings, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

Amrix, is a miracle medication, I have multiple back problems,4 herniated discs, spinal stenosis,degenerative disc diease ect,and pain medication {oxycotin}could not help, or give me the relief from pain the way AMRIX did. the first day I was a little grogy, but other wise, no serious side effects,or side effects at all, and by the second day,my chronic pain has dropped down from a constant 8-9 on pain medication, to 3-4, with Amrix, and half the dose of pain meds. I will not stop taking it, as it has helped me tremendously , giving me some of my life back, from severe chronic pain !

Related Reading: amrix | chronic pain

Comment from: nancy, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 26

could not afford to buy it even with my copay, the full price is over $200.00, with a copay it cost$72.50, why is this medicine so expensive???????? so i could not really do the reiview with the stars above, can't use it if you cannot afford it.

Comment from: alic1204, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I have only been taking this medication for a short while. It helps me sleep better but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I suggest that it be taken early. You need to try and get at least 8 hours of sleep while taking this medication.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

Taking this drug actually reduced the muscle spasms I was having with lower back pain. Problem is, you become a zombie 2 hours after taking the capsule (I was given 30mg capsules) for a full 24 hours. Decide whether it is worth the price of being unproductive and lethargic the entire time you're on this drug compared to the relief you may get from muscle spasms. I prefer Valium which does the same thing without the long lasting side effects, but was told by my Doctor that this version of Flexoril minimized the extreme drowsiness that characterizes it. It clearly does not. I will think very carefully before taking this medication a second time.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | lower back pain | valium

Comment from: loretta, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

I had right knee surgery back in June of 2009. Needless to say I was still having a lot of pain. I would wake in the night about three,four in the morning in tears crying to my husband where my knee would be having killer spasms. I was taking flexerill three times a day, mobic, and lortab. All done no good, my doc put me on this Amrix I have been on it for a week now and I can already tell a big difference, I actually get to sleep in the night. He still wanted me to take my flexerill twice a day and this Amrix at 6pm. So happy to say I have not had to take my flexirl all week. It does make me sleepy but, he said that is why he has me taking it at 6pm that way when I go to sleep and by the time I get up for work, I will not feel so drowsey. It works for me, I just hope it can help others like it is helping me.

Related Reading: mobic

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 11

Was given this med as an alternative to valium. I developed severve muscle spasms and pain. It has help alot, some dizziness and fog brain for a few days. After a week, i have some fog brain, no other side effects after 3 days.

Related Reading: valium | dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 11

I have fibromyalgia. I have chronic pain, mainly in my legs, face, and back. I also have muscle twitches that can last for days. Since starting Amrix about 3 weeks ago, I haven't had any muscle twitching and no severe pain. Not sure is any what result this has done for the pain and twitching because I am taking other medications for them too. I usually have strong side effects from medications and I have not had any.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | chronic pain | amrix

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

A car accident has left me in chronic pain for 4+ years.Amrix has replaced Skelaxin and I've cut down to 1 Norco a day, still taking 1800mg of Neurotin daily. I'm able to wakeup w/o pain when taken before bedtime. Sideeffects,dry mouth, blurred vision, facial rash, slight wt. gain due 2 increased fluids, no stomache pain if taken at night. When on Amrix I feel 95% better and I'm able to sleep through the night w/o waking up in pain throughout the night.

Related Reading: skelaxin | norco | dry mouth

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I was givin samples of this drug, I have used it for two nights and I can say at least I am sleeping again and not waking up every two hours in tears!!. I wake up fine and feel good the remainder of the day.

Comment from: feelin' better, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 29

I have been suffering from muscle spasms for over 2 years now (finally found the diagnosis and know what lasting treatment will work for me) and have tried SEVERAL different medications. Every type of muscle relaxer given to me made me feel too dopey to do anything and, as a single mom, made things very difficult. I was finally given Amrix, and at first I didn't think it was doing much. After the third day the spasms were all but gone. If I go off for a day or two they return, and I need to build the level back up again. It works to keep the spasms under control.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: Scham, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

I had a torsion strain to upper back and neck. First two doses made me very sleepy and I slept for a good part of the first two day of the injury (which I needed). It definately took away the pain! Also it gave me mobility in the injured area. All other doses I took at night and it helped me sleep but NOT to the point that I couldn't wake in the AM. Very Satisfied!

Comment from: kbbaltimore, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 11

Was prescribed this for my lower back pain. I have degenerative disc and severe muscle spasms. I took this for a week and felt absolutely no change.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: Broke Patient, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

Great Medicine- Minus the Price. FYI, Retail Price of 30 day supply is $350 without insurance, and it is not on most formularies. I have insurance and it cost $60.

Comment from: Lynn, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 26

I have severe sciatic pain and spasms down my right leg and into my foot for the last 10 months.Spasms wake me up at night. Amrix has hepled

Comment from: Bill H., 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 02

I have 3 degenerative discs Rheumatoid Authorities and sclerosis.for last 25 years nothing ever seemed to work well,this drug was unbelievable.It work the first night,what a lifesaver.PS this is the first review i have ever had the need to write

Comment from: ringmeat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 13

After two back operations and ten years later, I quit the meds I was taking and of course the pain and spasms came back.I no longer wanted to take all the opids I was taking.This drug works great on big time back spasms.

Back Pain: 16 Back Pain Truths and Myths See Slideshow
Comment from: Jenny B, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

My dDr. started me on it 2 wks ago, after 1 week I left him know that it wasn't helping with the pain. (Fibro & Degenerative Disc Disease)he advised that I up it from 15 mg at bedtime to 30 at bedtime...still no relief and I can't sleep and my stomach stays upset. I am not going to take it anymore as I have enough issues with pain and medications messing up my stomach and digestive sys. Oh well keep on as a guinea pig I guess. I cannot tolerate any serious narcotic/opiate pain meds. Between the Fibro and Disc problems I am a walking Muscle Spasm, I don't remember what it is like to have a day pain free.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

Other then making me a little drowsy all day, I have shown no effects of this medication. The cost is absurd (at least $9 a pill) for nothing more then a time released version of Flexeril. If your Dr trys writing this, ask for something else that is more cost efficent.

Related Reading: flexeril

Comment from: daffodil, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been taking this drug for several weeks. I take it at the same time each day between 6-7pm. By 9pm I am ready to go to bed and sleep. I sleep soundly and don't wake up during the night with muscle spasms in my neck any more. It has helped tremendously and I have had no side effects.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: [email protected], 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 20

This has been the best muscle relaxant for me, compared to taking the generic form (also not time released) Flexaril. Taking this before going to bed at night helps me get out of bed in the morning. Without it makes it harder on me, especially with a 15 month old. The only problem is a 30 day supply is $380!!! I can't afford it, so each time I see my doctor I can only hope he has samples.

Comment from: Cowgirl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

It is not supposed to make me drowsy but I am tired. I sleep all night without waking which is a plus. I also think it keeps me in a sort of depressed state. I don't want to do anything (I am a workaholic).

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

I have fibromyalgia, spasms have been very painfull along with tender spots from head to toe. This drug reduced the spasms and tenderness. I have tried others but this drug has helped me the most

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: namma56, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 16

My doctor prescribed Amrix 15mg twice a day for muscle tension contraction headaches. It has really done a great job to control the headaches, although I still have an occasional one when I have a particularly stressful work schedule.

Related Reading: amrix

Comment from: Wayne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 03

Lower back pain & muscle spasms after 4 surgerys.was only 1-2hrs of sleep after 4 doses I have had an avg.of 5hrs now.Just hope it lasts.

Related Reading: lower back pain