Antivert

Comment from: amurray814, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

Before taking this medication I felt like the room was spinning and light headed, If I didnt sit down I was gonna fall down. But now that I am taking it I feel great and back to normal again and I can keep my ballance. I would recommend this to anyone with these kind of symptoms. Atleast you can get out of the unsteady phase and back to normal again.

Comment from: klo, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 09

I was spinning for 3 days before I got antivert,it worked within an hour I was feeling better., and got better as the days went by then the dizziness was gone. now I take it when I feel the start of being off balance or dizzy. I like it, no side effects

Related Reading: antivert | dizziness

Comment from: seeing, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

Had vertigo due to inner ear problem it has helped just can't take three per day or else it keeps me sleeping all the time. Has helped the ear noise also that I have from tinnitus. Does not stop the noise but makes it better still learning more about how it works for me.

Related Reading: vertigo | tinnitus

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 23

This is the BEST drug I have found for treating vertigo. I have been on it for a long time,. Its the only drug that has worked for my dizziness. Im very happy with this medication.

Comment from: Flo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

Had vertigo last year & it lasted 6 months before it went away . Went 6 months OK and then it came back again - always in the hot , humid summer months. I took antivert - 6 mg 3-4 times a day ( I cut the 25 mgm tab in fourths. ) It helped a great deal with minimal side effects - I'll start my exercises again and hope this goes away faster this time.

Comment from: PaMammy42, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I found that antivert versus mecilizine even tho they are supposed to be the same and have the same effect..the antivert when prescribed as such worked faster and was more effective for me.

Comment from: skhicks, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 13

Does this medication make my sugar level drop?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 28

i have had menaires syndrome for 10 years. this is the only drug i can take to ease my discomfort. i am a diabitic too. and this medicine does not affect it. its great not feeling dizzy all the time.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 03

My vertigo comes and goes...when I feel the sensation come on I take and it really helps. I still feel a little woosy but it is so much better than feeling sick.

Comment from: grannie, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

Within a week the dizziness was gone but it made me sleep long hours

Comment from: pumpkin, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

everytime I take this for vertigo it makes me mean, edgey and down right not nice, I don't like this and my head feels so tight and fuzzy, not sure what is worse this or vertigo

Comment from: ROXYMOM3, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 03

MAKES ME SLEEPY. BUT DOES THE JOB WHEN I CANT EVEN WALK BECAUSE OF DIZZINESS. HAVE USED FOR 15 YEARS ONLY WHEN NEEDED.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Kajon22, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 25

I take these only as needed when spinning starts. Spinning causes nausea and I can't stop throwing up. Therefore, I cannot keep the pill down long enough to work. When it finally stays down long enough, it works well to keep the nausea at bay. Makes me very sleepy.

Comment from: Jerry, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

It has not helped my vertigo at all

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 26

Did not work nor did it ever work in the 40 years I have had this problem.

Comment from: lolo, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I woke up this morning and the room was spinning. Took this and I felt worse. Drugs work differently for different people. It can makes the symptoms worse.

Comment from: miagrrl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 24

helped me with dizziness after a middle ear infection. make me sleepy but kept me balanced. i no longer felt like i was moving while standing still. did its job, with minimal side effects.

Related Reading: dizziness | ear infection

Comment from: koobaby, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 14

was prescribed this medication for vertigo. made me sleep all day & didnt help with the vertigo until 3 or 4 days later. I wish they had prescribed me a lesser dosage.

Comment from: granny, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

I am taking it for vertigo. It's been three weeks and now I just feel somewhat staggery.

Comment from: Gulleymusic, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

Works great but makes me tired and sleepy

Comment from: antivert, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 26

I have some antivert - it has expired can I still use it?

Related Reading: antivert

Comment from: nana, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

felt worse slow my body down extremely weak and tired

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

I too was dizzy all the time and was getting tired of it and a bit nervous about it. This med helped pretty quickly, but I was only told about the dry mouth. I am also so sleepy that I can hardly work. I have also experienced nightmares about every other night while on this med.

Related Reading: dry mouth | nightmares

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

the spinning is under control to some degree but the light headiness and inability to walk without stumbling is the same

Comment from: maxblack9716, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I know that I will not be able to perform my daily routines because it makes me experience more dizziness.

Tinnitus: Why Are My Ears Ringing? See Slideshow