Apidra

Comment from: Coswewan2, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

Although I had a period of adjustment during the first 3 weeks of using Apidra, I love it. I am on less insulin than previously. My duration of action is 3 hours and it was 4 hours BUT the uptake of insulin is greater in the first hour when you need it for rice and odd things like that. I love it. Thanks

Related Reading: apidra

Comment from: cueball915, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 27

I have been a type 1 for 20 years and have been on many insulins but apidra rocks it works the best

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 07

I am a type 2 diabetic "pumper" and am insulin resistant. I have been on a pump for five years and thought all my troubles controlling my diabetes where in the past. But I became very resistant to the Novolog insulin I was using. My endocronologist tried me on this insulin - I had never heard of it. Within one week I was seeing a big difference in my BG numbers without changing the amount of insulin my pump was programed for and am actually seeing some low BG numbers. I had given up thinking I was doing something wrong with my control, but it wasn't me! What a boost for my self esteem! Thank you Apidra!

Related Reading: diabetes | novolog

Comment from: halford_tenark, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

I took Apidra for 1 month. My glucose readings were very high. I've used novolog for years. It does not start working within 45-60 min. Starts lowering around the 2 hour mark and goes for 4 hours. Great when you are eating pizza! Bad if you expect it to work like Novalog or Humlog

Related Reading: novolog

Comment from: Huntress, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

I have also recently switched to Apidra (6 weeks) and the results have been amazing. This insulin is great. It seems to be more effective and I am using it permanently now.

Comment from: Rckymtnhkr65, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

I have been using Humalog in my insulin pump for the past 16 years, until my insurance wouldn't cover it. They switched me to Apidra, and it's awful. I've been getting symptoms of lows (headache, rapid heartbeat) with highs. I have to use MUCH more of it than Humalog, and its response is unpredictable. Hate it.

Related Reading: humalog | headache

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 02

My 3 year old son was taking Novolog for the longest time had no issues with them till his insurance wouldn't cover it anymore, He had to try Apidra before we could learn about Humalog pen so his insurance would approve it. Apidra did not work at all in fact his sugar went up!

Comment from: tlockhart, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I had taken Humalog regular for almost 5 years and unfortunately my insurance no longer will cover it and I was told all I can use is Apidra. Since I started Apidra I have been hospitalized 4 times for dka. Not because of high sugars but I was constantly taking the Apidra to lower my sugars but it took so very much just to lower my sugars just a little bit. I would never recommend this insulin to anyone. It didn't work for me at all.

Comment from: CRABBO71, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR YEARS AND WAS ON HUMULIN 70/30 AFTER GETTING OFF ACTOSE MY INSULIN NEEDS GREW.. MY DR. PUT ME ON LVEMIR AND APIDRA..THE LEVEMIR DOES NOT WORK BUT THE APIDRA DOES,,ALTHO I AM STILL TRYING IT OUT TO SEE HOW MUCH I NEED...

Related Reading: apidra | levemir

Comment from: gorpy7, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 13

Apidra subcutaneous is NOT garbage as I stated in an earlier post. Maybe my body has become used to it, However it does take alot to work, That I knew from the start, more than my doctor suggested, Good luck with it I hope it works for you

Related Reading: apidra

Apidra solorstar is garbage, It takes about 3 hours, and a whole lot (if your lucky) to kick in after waiting 15 min. to eat or 20 min. after starting a meal, I wish I was given Humalog instead.It seemed to work at first I purchased alot, Now even after refrig, it takes forever.

Related Reading: humalog

Comment from: hairypotter52, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

takes at least 30 minutes to 60 minutes to act. Don't know if I will stay on it after my next Dr. visit and HGA1C results.

Comment from: jpgolfer, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

What is the half life of Apidra? Haven't found it, yet.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

I wish there was and easier way to use this insulin other than injection but otherwise it has minimal side effects.

Diabetes: What Raises and Lowers Your Blood Sugar Level? See Slideshow