Aplenzin

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 06

I've been on this prescription for about a week and a half now. Switched over from bupropion sr. & effexor at the same time. Coming off effexor and surprising not 1 side effect. effexor was decreasing my libido and not sure if coming off effexor or going on aplenzin (or both) but my libido is coming back and the depression has lifted for the most part. Hoping that it only gets better ~ Surprised at how quick this is working. Effexor worked for me last year, but not at all this year. cost between effexor and aplenzin are about the same with my insurance. Had a little nausea the first 3 days but that's it. I have the energy that i got off the wellbutrin. So I'd reccommend this. Good luck to all

Comment from: jenniferellen19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 29

I am on 512mg of Aplenzin which my dr says is equivalent to 450mg of Wellbutrin XR. I have been on this for about a year progressing to the current dosage that I am on. I think this medication has significantly helped me feel motivated and helped me to see my life more with the glass half full :) I know that it is working because when I ran out of my meds a couple months ago my boyfriend asked me why I was being so snippy with him and instigating problems between us. In a later conversation I mentioned I hadn't been taking my meds for a few days and he told me that he indeed could tell a huge difference in me. Thats all the confirmation of success that i need! :)

Comment from: suzan55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 02

This drug is fairly new to me. I have only had experience with one other antidepressant before Aplenzin unsuccessfully. This has not truly assisted my level of anxiety, but has given me an overall feeling of well being and has diminished emotional reactions to troubling aspects of my environment. It has been successful at stabilizing me to previous normality.

Comment from: Ready2GetBetter35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 16

I took this medicine as a substitute for generic Wellbutrin when I was in between insurance coverage. It seems to work fine for the depression, just a nagging side effect of a bit of dizziness when I move my head suddenly in bed. This seems to be worse in the mornings and evenings, it doesn't bother me during usually during the day at all.

Comment from: dizzy45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 02

I had been on different medications for years and was put on Aplenzin. I took the first pill on Tuesday morning and was filling slightly sick that evening which I attributed to switching medications. Wednesday morning I woke up feeling dizzy and had to sit down while trying to get ready for work. I actually took a motion sickness pill mid-morning and one mid-afternoon just to be able to function at work. Any sudden movements would make my head spin and I'd have to sit down, and my tongue swelled and I had several mouth sores develope. Again I attributed it to switching medications. Thursday I woke up to the same symptoms so I didn't take Aplenzin that morning and called the doctors office. I was told it was probably an allergic reaction and I should stop the medication. I have never had this type of reaction to any other depression medication.

Comment from: jennerationb25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 19

I've been on different anti-depressants for about 10 years now. I had recently been on Effexor XR but noticed weight gain and constant trembling in my hands. I switched over to Aplezin about 1 month ago and it's been great. I feel happier than I have in a long time, and I now have to remind myself to eat because I have little to no appetite.

Comment from: 45-54 Published: November 22

My psychiatrist gave me samples of this med because I lost my health insurance and even generic buproprion is expensive for me. He gave me this med as a replacement for my buproprion since he could give me samples at no cost to me. I was on this med for a few months. Buproprion has always worked very well for me consistently through the years. I feel I did a little better on this than the high dose of buproprion I had been on. I did not have any untoward side effects with this med.

Comment from: Sandy79225-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 30

I have panic disorder which subsequently caused me to fall into a deep state of depression. At first my phychiatrist prescribed me Wellbutrin SR (taken twice daily) and Zoloft. After about 3 months I actually had moments where I was starting to feel happy to be alive. However, the Zoloft was causing my libido to practically be non existant. At my next visit with my psych suggested that I begin taking Aplenzin 348 mg because it only needs to be taken once a day. After about three months I was still not feeling any better so he up-ed my dosage to 522mg and put me on Buspar for anxiety. It has been just about two months since then and I am feeling worse almost to the point of having suicidal thoughts (I would never kill myself, but the thoughts are greatly disturbing). My anxiety has gotten worse and I cannot make it through the day without a Xanax. I just spoke to my pharmacist who said that I have been patient enough and the 522 mg should have worked by now. She told me to contact my doc and have him switch me to something else. On the postive side, I had not a single side effect on the Aplenzin and it was a very smooth drug. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I guess my point is that everyone's body chemistry is different. I am going to suffer this out for the next three weeks until my next appointment with my psych and am going to ask him to put me on Lexapro for both my anxiety and depression.

Comment from: JonathanT45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 18

I had been on 450 mg Wellbutrin daily for years with so-so results. My doc gave me a 30 day supply of 522 mg Aplenzin to try and it was as if someone turned the lights on. After only ONE day I noticed an immediate feeling of well-being that was bordering on euphoria without having to worry about the crash & burn. Although I am unable to take a daytime nap, I have no trouble sleeping at night. I am worried about the price - when I started it cost $1500/month and now it is almost $3000/month... this seems very high, but then again, nothing has ever worked as well as Aplenzin. I am afraid that my insurance company will decide that it is not worth the cost to have one of their patients feeling so good. While my sex drive is hampered a bit (but I also have low-T) and I may have put on a few extra pounds, I hardly consider those side effects troublesome enough to stop the Aplenzin. This is truly a miracle drug.

Comment from: iliveinmyinbox45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 11

Do NOT take this poison! It is a high-grade amphetamine. Don't let any doctor lie to you about it. I took it 5 years and have been off it 3 years, taken off this poison by a nonAmerican doctor who doesn't buy into the "give-a-pill" theory of medicine. Wellbutrin has changed my brain permanently. I was never angry before. Now I live every day very angry. My life is hell filled with anger. This medication is poison. Please, don't do this to your life and your brain. Run very far. I would give anything not to have taken this poison. I'm very sure my Medicare paid for the mags on my first doctor's Porsche. Eat right and exercise. Do not surrender to the "medicines" Rx companies give you. They don't care what it does to your brain. They only care about their profits. PLEASE, PLEASE take this seriously. Or you will be awakening every morning irrationally filled with hate and anger when you never were before. That's where I'm at now. I don't know when it will end. If ever.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 02

I had been taking Wellbutrin for about 9 yrs., worked for awhile , kept increasing the mg. until i needed higher dosage. Began Aplenzin last year. This med. alone is not really helping my depression symptoms. I'm becoming frustated, more anxiety, because my depression just seems to becoming worse. When I was taking 1 pill at 522 mg. seemed to work well for most of the day, not everyday, then began taking 2 pills at 174 and 358, for some strange reason the 2 pills that added up to 522 mg. wasn't working the same way as 1 pill 522 mg. This med. has became very expensive and I cannot continue, unless my doc. continues to give me samples of Aplenzin. I may have to switch to something else. So far, have not been able to handle side effects from the other antidepressents I've tried in the past.

Comment from: flarez45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 12

I've been taking this for about one month. At first, I was very lightheaded/dizzy and had some weakness/trembling in my hands. I also experienced an increase in urination. The most uncomfortable side effect is a tremendous increase in sweating and "flushing." I'm taking HRT to ward off hot flashes but this drug is making them even worse. I'm thinking about going off this drug because of this side effect.

Comment from: klinkaz25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 02

I switched from Prozac to this drug a little over a year ago. I was on Prozac for about 10 years, but wasn't happy with the lack of libido. I have been taking 174 mg of Aplenzin 4 days a week and 348mg three days a week for a little over a year now. I have never felt better. Unfortunately, I think it's causing severe acne. About 3 months after I started taking it, I started getting terrible breakouts. I'm 32 and have never had acne problems. I have spent the last year battling cystic acne and literally trying every single treatment/remedy I can think of. All my hormone levels are normal, so I know that isn't the cause. I've started analyzing all my supplements and medications to see if there is a link. I'm just realizing that Aplenzin may be the primary cause (given the timeline). Unfortunately, I haven't seen it listed among the side effects and was curious if I'm the only one having this problem. possible.

Comment from: JoJo55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 10

Bupropion was not effective in treating my depression while Aplenzin seems to be more effective

Comment from: Beatnick45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 17

I was on Buproprion for over 10 years. My depression was getting worse so my doc put me on Cymbalta 60mg and switched me to Aplenzin 522mg from Buproprion. I'm not sure if it's working yet, because it's only been about two weeks. I'm still severly depressed and frequently suicidal. I haven't been able to work or function very well. I just want to sleep all the time. My insurance doesn't cover Aplenzin. When I called my pharmacy they told me it would cost over $800 per month. I was only given one month of samples. I have no idea what I'll do when I run out. Hopefully my doc will either give me another 30 day supply or get a medical necessity exemption from my insurance company. I'm frustrated because nothing seems to be working well any more. I hope the Cymbalta and Aplenzin kick in soon. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Comment from: cventura45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 22

good for depression but having sexual side effects

Comment from: DWMAH55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 07

Went over to this from Lexapro due to Lexapro side effects getting worse over time. So far so good only one month, generally feel better, more energy, less appetite, no mood swings.

Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication See Slideshow
Comment from: Pnwrighteous45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 30

My shrink switched me to 522 mg of Aplenzin from 300 ml wellbutrin and 60 mg cymbalta. I've been on it for a year. And I've never felt better. I'm finally losing weight and have a sex drive again. I've had major clinical depression for 26 yrs now. This is the best medicine I've taken so far.

Comment from: lyksherry865-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 04

I am having Nausia, headaches, dizzy, eyesight blurry, heat

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: July 12

seems best formulation ive tried

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 31

I've only been on the medication for two days, but Ive been on Wellbrutrin 150 mgs for about four months. I was still having relapses on 150 MG of Wellbrutrin and Pristiq. So the doctor changed medications to Alplenzin 348 MG. So far, Ive been feeling well, a little tired. During the day, I find it a little hard to concentrate, but that could be the change in medication. I am very hopeful about the medication. The tiredness should wear off in a few days.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 01

The positive of this medication is that I smoke much less. My depression has worsened and I am very agitated. Need to get off this drug and wating to see my Dr.

Comment from: gigi55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 18

Extremely tired, ringing in ears

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 09

I have had an increase in hunger that comes on suddenly and strongly. Did not have any decrease of symptoms so far.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 08

I started seeing results in one week!

Comment from: B75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 29

Still do not feel 100%

Comment from: pnwrighteous45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 11

I'm 45 and have had major clinical depression/anxiety and panic disorder for 20 + years. I was on cymbalta and wellbutrin. Since Wellbutrin is such a great drug I wanted to increase it because the side effects are little to nothing. So this is my 5th day of taking Aplenzin. And so far it's a great drug.

Comment from: exhausted35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 24

2 days ago I stopped Pristiq due to side effects and got on the Aplenzin. So far no side effects. I have high hopes.

Comment from: pelicanz435-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 22

On Wellbutrin for 12 years - generic didn't work and gained 50 pounds. Dr. recommended Aplenzin and I feel as good as I did when I began taking Wellbutrin 12 years ago. I've already lost 15 pounds in 2 months. I always thought a generic worked the same - but after wasting 5 years of my life feeling bad on a generic, I've found sometimes the namebrand is necessary.

Comment from: cassandra55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 09

I have gained ten pounds in six (6) weeks onthis drug. I wish I could sue the manufacturer.

Comment from: aajaa55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 27

I've been taking this drug for 6 months. After the ramp-up to 522mg, I became slightly manic and agitated. Reduced dosage to 348, and it's working great. I'm having some sleep problems, but that could be attributed to other things. The only way I can afford this is by my doc providing samples. I have more energy and focus than I've had in years.

Comment from: Heather25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 11

I've been slowing increasing dose of Aplenzin over last 3 months to 522mg. I just read a review about severe acne as possible side effect

Published: February 19

It took awhile to work, but it made a difference in my life. Much better than Wellbutrin.

Comment from: suzieQ55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 22

I was switched to Aplenzin last year after Wellbutrin quit working for me. The one side effect that has been increasing month after month is tremors. I am now shaking so much that I have trouble holding things like my cell phone. It is very disturbing and frustrating to have my hands shake so much. It's not just trembling, it's full blown muscle jerking. I can see my hand muscles jumping when I'm driving my car. Looks like I will have to discontinue this drug.I have tried so many other meds I don't know what will happen if I stop taking it.

Comment from: minilopmay13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 29

I took Aplenzin for ADHD as well as depression for three weeks starting with 174 mg then up to 348 mg. The only side effect I noticed was extreme hunger that disappeared as soon as I put food in my mouth. Though interestingly, Aplenzin did not help either my ADHD or depression. On the bright side, I didn't feel like I was taking medication at all aside from the appetite change.

Comment from: jane19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 06

I was taking 150mg of Wellbutrin daily with Zoloft to help with ADD and depression. I really liked the wellbutrin, but it gave me horrible tremmors and flushing. I switched to the 174mg of Aplenzin 3 1/2 weeks ago and love it. I dont have tremors at all anymore. The flushing is still noticeable, but not as bad. I've also found that this medication works longer throughtout the day than the Wellbutrin. Overall, I am very satisfied.

Comment from: mia45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 10

I have been on Aplenzin for over 3 months now. I've never been 100% relieved of my bi-polar depression. This medication is like the others in that I feel about 70% content. Also, I smoke and this medication has not helped me to quit. I switched from Wellbutrin 300mg to Aplenzin 348mg without any noteable side effects. Except that recently I have discovered that the bad taste in my mouth, dry mouth and sore throat are all side effects of this medication. The taste in my mouth is so horrible that I may stop taking this medication.

Comment from: Speechless55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 20

I was switched from Wellbutrin to Aplenzin 522mg per day. I noticed some disturbing side effects in a two week period. I don't feel dizzy, I feel off balance and have to hold on to things to keep my balance. I also started having severe nausea that Zofran and Phenergan didn't even start to help me. My worst symptom has been an irregularity in my speech pattern. I hesitate and pause between my words. I know what I want to say it is just very difficult to get the words out. Nausea is a little better during the day but all my symptoms get worse in the evening and night. Has anyone else had difficulties with speech while on this medicine? The speech difficulties have been going on for almost 4 weeks. The other symptoms have been gradually getting worse over the past month and a half. I am seeing a Neurologist and he doesn't know why I am having such terrible speech difficulties. I would really like to know if anyone else has had these symptoms?

Comment from: mamataz55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 12

As I titrated up, I got very serious side effects, increased anxiety, agitation and tremors. Increased depression and suicidal effect. Be very careful of this drug and check drug interactions.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 15

Crap! I took this medication for 3 weeks and my hair started falling out. Every time I ate something I would have severe abdominal cramps. I also had severe headaches and eye pain. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Comment from: apenzin45-54 Published: December 09

Comment from: MG35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 06

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 01

Comment from: gzap4me19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 23

Generally, it's wonderful. For the first 3 weeks, I felt normal and genuinely happy. It has been over 3-4 months since I started them, and I haven't felt that feeling since the first 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I need an increased dosage or if they aren't working as well. I'm not sure, but my depression is manageable, not comfortably, but manageable for the moment. I take mine at night because when I was taking it in the morning, I constantly felt, and sometimes did, vomit. I was constantly in bed, drinking ginger ale (I recommend it to anyone who has any upset stomach to any degree), and completely unproductive. I'm not sure what caused it, but I haven't had that feeling since I started taking them at night. Can I please get advice on why the meds might not be working as well as they were because I miss that feeling?

Comment from: koss25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 26

Been on medicine for about a month and decreased lexapro. It has helped me concentrate better and not be so hyper.

QUESTION