Aranesp

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 18

I get the injections once a month as I have CML. I stayed tired, lack of energy, and my red cells aren't going up. When I was given 3 pints of blood, I felt great, energetic, didn't feel tired after doing a single task. I didn't need to sit and rest after just doing dishes. With the injections given to me at my oncologists office, I find I am more tired each day, no strength, totally drained. If busy on one day, the next I end up sleeping most of the day. I feel the injection isn't helping me, and the fact that I was anemic prior to being put on chemo pills for my leukemia, that I have Conjestive heart failure and retaining of fluids, that it's not treating the anemia or making the red cells increase. Mine stay below normal on a constant basis.

Comment from: destined55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 23

I actually just had my first shot a week ago and am supposed to have another in 2 weeks; however, I feel so doggone tired, I may look for something alternative and mention to my doctor I'd rather not take it again. My hemoglobin has pretty much been a consistent issue even before chemo, so I'm thinking it's probably because of recent surgery & radiation that it fell lower. I keep praying that God will give me strength! I wish the same for you all.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 23

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 27

Three years bi-weekly injections have NOT improved WBC, RBC or hemoglobin. I intend to discontinue injections. Family physician says if I do not see improvement, discontine. Very expensive snake oil. Thank you. R. Smith

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 30

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 27

just wondering if this drug will cause orange color in bowels