Aromasin

Comment from: Moody Blue55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 13

Taking Aromasin since August 2013 .... Extreme iritable bowel ...hands are extremely swollen, numb, tingling, itchy..have Raynauds Syndrome, feel Aromasin may enhance this condition. Difficulty sleeping, hot flashes not too often, however, more extreme when they occur. Some depression, low mood, anxiety. Cost is extremely high...I was over my benefit limit -which caused me to pay out of pocket-luckily I am an AARP member -so I paid half the price for 30 day supply $151.00...don't know what this year will bring in regards to future benefits --may have to pay for a rider attached to RX PLAN......

Related Reading: aromasin | hot flashes | depression

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 25

I thought it was just me having all the same side effects. Muscle and joint pain is so horrible I can barely get out of a chair. No sleep, weight gain, sweating beyond hot flashes. Literally, it's hard to do my hair because it's wet from sweating after I blow dry it. Sex drive...gone. Completely. Emotional too. When I get up in the morning I can hardly walk my feet hurt so bad. I think I'm going to stop taking it. I'm only 56. This is no way to live. Anastozole was worse. And I get vertigo a lot.

Related Reading: hot flashes | vertigo

Comment from: Jen55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 31

Was on arimadex 3. 1/2 yrs. Bad joint pain weight gain. Higher blood pressure. Started aromasin last week. Killing my stomach, bloating miserable. I asked my oncologist to check my hormone levels he said it would not be accurate. I had stage 1 lobular no lympnodes involved. Plus its expensive. I'm done. Will consider arimidex on and off. Quality if life important. I'm constantly second guessing my self.

Related Reading: aromasin | arimidex

Comment from: Pat65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 28

I was lucky - small lobular tumour, lumpectomy, radiotherapy. My problems started with Letrozole. Horrific pain in joints, couldn't walk, adn severe depression. Hospital changed me to Aromasin, which at first was a relief. But the anxiety and depression are doubled. I feel i've lost my life. I'm 68. I have decided after three and a half years of a five year treatment plan, to stop my treatment. I already have antidepressants that are nothing against Aromasin. I'm glad (in a way) to read other reviews. I htought i was just old - until i read what others are suffering. It is time for me to take my chances. Two weeks ago i stopped taking the Aromasin. I feel happier, less stressed, and in the real world again, such as it is. I am a painter and Aromasin has made me feel emotionally dead for this time. I will take the risks. Quality is more important at my age. If i can't paint, - life is severely diminished.

Related Reading: letrozole | depression | aromasin

Comment from: didiblue5265-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: July 13

I had severe issues with bone pain and many nights of not sleeping. After a year of trying and not improving, I have been switched to Tamoxifen. Praying for better times and no breast cancer

Related Reading: tamoxifen | breast cancer