Asmanex

Comment from: tish, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 07

My 7 year old son started this medication for cough variant asthma. Within 2 weeks, he began having trouble in school. He has been physically aggressive with other kids, and depressed while at home. This is totally out of the norm for him, and his teacher called me in to ask if there was something going on at home because there is a night and day change in his behavior. I have discontinued this medication. It did help his asthma, and was easy to use, but not worth the behavioral issues.

Related Reading: cough | asthma

Comment from: mandyacb, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 09

This medicine works great whem my asthma is really bad and nothing else works. I've been on it off and on for the past year. However, the downside to it working great for the asthma is it makes me very angry and irritable, like major PMS to the extreme, and it makes me gain weight like mad too. I was on it for 2 weeks the very last time I used it and I gained 28 lbs in 14 days. I've tried other steriod inhalers for my asthma, and none work as well as this one does for the asthma. I'm hoping to find one that works for my asthma without the side effects, but so far this is all my doctor and I have been able to find that works for the asthma. It's a difficult choice to make...be unable to breathe and have no mood probs or weight gain, or be able to breathe but be a bear to be around and have my weight balloon up way high. I am normally a very calm person, but with this I feel out of control under the surface. The anger is controlable with constant prayer. I seriously would not be able to control the anger without God and prayer.

Comment from: Sconnie, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

Prior to being prescribed the Asmanex twisthaler, I was using my rescue inhaler much more than prescribed...before bed, during the night, in the morning, etc. Since I began using Asmanex (almost 3 weeks ago), I have yet to have to use my rescue inhaler and I sleep through the whole night without issue. The only problem I have had with this product is that when you first use it, even with the directions they provide, its hard to figure out if you are using the product correctly. It would have been a lot easier had either the doctor or pharmacist given me a quick primer on how to properly use this product. With all of the new dry powder inhalers making there way onto the market, each with their own device for delivering the drug, better steps should be made to show the patients the correct way to use each one. Other than this issue, I am completely happy with Asmanex.

Related Reading: asmanex twisthaler | asmanex

Comment from: sunflower, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I was on advair, but had to stop due to the anxiety it was causing. Asmanex is not as good and I am now wondering if it is causing hair loss. Anyone else have this problem? Also, I always have a yeast infection on my tongue eventhough I rinse thoroughly.

Related Reading: anxiety | hair loss | yeast infection

Comment from: jr, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

I have noticed weight gain while taking Asamanex, anyone else experience this?

Comment from: thedude, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

When taking my first dose, I wasn't sure if I had even gotten anything. My Dr. had said it may feel like nothing happened -- but it did. After 2 weeks I began to develop bad headaches. I was constantly consuming Tylenol, Motrin, Excedrin, etc. I stopped taking Asmanex, and my asthma is back in the dumps. I would take that over the headaches though. I rinsed my mouth/gargled as instructed but also developed dry/sore throat.

Related Reading: tylenol | motrin | sore throat

Comment from: frogfrog, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 04

after using this i open one up to see how it worked and found that most if not all of the powder was still in the inhaler. i used two more and after the last dose i open them up and found the same thing.

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I used this medication for about one (1) one month. Although it worked pretty good on my asthma, I started having stomach problems (bloating & gas). I went off this drug, but my stomach problems continued for several months. Has anyone had stomach problems while on Asmanex? I'm thinking about trying it again. It did work well with my asthma!

Related Reading: asthma | asmanex

Comment from: pamea36, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 22

as for as treatment of asthma it workedd great. however i have had a lot of joint and muscle pain.i hurt severly. what can i di about that?

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 20

Has helped my athsma symptoms, however I was wondering if anyone else has experienced weight gain and hair loss?

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: NC_RRT, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

As a respiratory therapist & life long asthma sufferer, I chose this inhaler in the 220mcg x 60 doses after cost & result comparison. I found it more affordable for me since I have to pay out of pocket for any asthma preventative. I am able to use just 1 puff a day so my 60 puff inhaler lasts 2 months at half the cost of other inhaled steroids.

Comment from: JB, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

The drug worked well at first, then after about 2 months I began with dry mouth and throat and continuous coughing. Stopped the drug and all symptoms decreased.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: NowWhat?, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

Was put on Asmanex after Advair was giving me side effects... Only on this for about a week and took myself off of it again... getting sore lungs, leg/joint pains,Chest pains and indigestion feeling, nausea and same if not worse breathing problems??? Back to the drawingboard!!! Pulomary doctor passed me over to the nurse practitioner...

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: Kitty , 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 28

Makes my mouth and throat very dry. Makes me cough all the time. Makes my chest feel tight.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: palenakal, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I had problems with ease of use. It was hard for me to twist and pull cap off of the medication AND receive the medication in a timely manner.

Comment from: Bob N, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

ear problems rash, problems slight sore throat mood swings ,bone ake dizziness

Related Reading: rash | sore throat | dizziness

Comment from: kaylorma, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I am using 220mcg twice a day. It took about 4 days before I could feel the drug working. It does help with my breathing/wheezing, but I do have one side effect that drives me up a wall. Itching....no hives, just burning itching. I feel I will probably quit taking it or reduce to one a day to get relief. Is this a normal reaction? Do others have it? I am also on albuterol and nebulizer with albuterol and atrovent.

Related Reading: hives | albuterol

What Is Asthma? Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments See Slideshow
Comment from: shirley, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

difficulty with the apparatis. turn counterclockwise so and so on. You are right never knowing if you are getting a dose. One company told me to put a black material and suck if white powder residue is present you got a dose. Took this med and until I read this site [ Nov .8,2008 ] i did not realise I could have knee pain.Went to the ED Mercy Hospital on November 4, 2008 for knee, joint and muscle pain. Floventand pulmacort sent me by ambulance for severe diziness cost over 1600 dollars to dump that drug. report these to the FDA click on below or mail them your concerns about these products.

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: Southie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I previously used FloVent 110 mg 2 puffs X 2 and constantly got oral yeast infections. I have been on Asmanes 220mg for @ 3 months and just discovered I have another oral yeast infection. Has anyone else had this problem, it is very aggravating to say the least.

Related Reading: flovent | yeast infection

Comment from: ACKer, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

I was worried about side effects of Asmanex, but I have been taking it for about a month now and I have been very happy with it. It did, as predicted by my doctor, make my voice a bit hoarse for a while, but that's a small price to pay. In my case, there have been no other side effects.

Related Reading: asmanex

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

After using daily my inhaler I started using asmanex. I noticed I reduced drastically the use of the inhaler but I noticed that in one month I gained 6lbs and was suffering of sinus congestion and headaches.

Related Reading: asmanex

Comment from: Joanna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

Twist cap can be tricky to use at first. Has helped with coughing & wheezing. Very expensive drug.

Comment from: Kathy Harkinst, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I have been on this med for two days and the third day/evening have experienced muscle twitching,primarily in harms and legs and insomnia. Any suggestions?

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: DONNA, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 18

I was really happy with Asmanex when I started but after 6 months of being on it I have joint and muscle pain and awful tightness in my chest. It did alleviate problems with asthma but it has caused other problems. I am seeing my doctor this week possible for another medication. It is very frustrating.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: slickswitch, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

I have been using this for a month and it is very useful for asthma. I have developed a sinus infection and had cramps in my legs when running.These problems may be related to this drug but I am not sure yet.

Related Reading: sinus infection