Atacand HCT

Comment from: Vera, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 03

I now need a generic brand to replace the Atacand HCT 32-12.5

Related Reading: atacand hct

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 26

I had tried 5 other high blood pressure medicines and Atacand HCL is the only one that seems to work.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | atacand

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 06

I have been useing Atacand HCT for going on 4 years now, and its the only high blood pressure medicine that I can take that works great with out makeing me tired or dizzy.

Comment from: el, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 19

Been on Atacand HCT for over 5 years and has controlled my bp 120/80. Had to switch to Hyzaar due to insurance company switch and it's not on their preferred drug list. Atacand is very pricey but may be worth the high cost. Hyzaar appears to be a problem for me (joint pain)and since i have RA, the joint pain is much more pronounced!Will have to switch back to Atacand.

Related Reading: hyzaar

Comment from: Taz, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 28

Unfortunately the generic version does not work for me and Express Scripts is giving myself and my MD a very hard time acquiring the DAW at the proper copay amount and someone sitting at a desk has decided that my physician does not know what she's doing, though MD has determined it is MEDICALLY NECESSARY.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 27

I have been taking this med for 3 weeks, it has lowered by Bp to 108/62. I feel weakness, dizziness especially when I stand up quickly. I see my doc in one week for 4 week follow up, hopefully side affects will subside.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

can this medication make one tired and perspire alot?

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

I have been on this medication for several years. It has been so effective that I have not gone to anything generic (Atacand does not have a generic yet), even with no insurance and paying $90.+ for a month supply. No side effects. It's great.

Comment from: Lou, 75 or over (Patient) Published: January 27

This has been a very effective drug for my blood pressure, but the cost is prohibitive on us being retired, the cost of $270.94 for a 90 day supply is much higher than we can afford. Is there another medication which will be as effective?

Comment from: escottna, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 04

Keeps blood pressure normal

Comment from: bundleblocker, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

I had to stop the drug due to severe dizziness and episodes of anxiety which occurred without warning. It did help the BP somewhat

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Grite, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 19

Only medication that has worked for me.Expensive.Ordering now from canada for $135.00 for 90 days.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 26

when my doctor first prescribed this medication i was gatting a little dizzy he made a adjustment and my blood pressurs is usually 120over 80.i am a big guy247lbs and 64 years old.a great medicine.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 28

This is only the 2nd medication I have taken for high blood pressure. I started on the Atacand only and switched to Atacand/HCT. After one day of slight drowsiness, I have felt NO complication or unusual effects other than a consistent 120/80 BP. This is an amazing drug-no nitceable bad effects and has not impaired sexual performance as other BP meds do. Strongly recommend (I am in my mid 40s).

Related Reading: high blood pressure | atacand

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

Need to give a little more time but there is no cough that is associated with the medication At the moment Iam concerned about the intereaction with Pottasium I do not take supplements I have been on the medication for about 2 weeks.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: elizabeth, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

Delightfully side effect free! Too bad it is way expensive - hopefully it will go off patent soon. They say December 2012 - oh I hope so!

Comment from: Vikkifl, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

taking one month, BP staying around 125/75 or lower, get headaches from it occasionally, but relieved with aspirin; no difference in urine output, seems effective for me

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have had HBP for my entire adult life. This medication is the only one that can control my HBP with no side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 11

I was diagnosed with high blod pressure about six months ago. Initially, I had some dizziness but that subsided and it definately affected the sex life initially. With changes in diet and a little exercise my blood pressure is now in the normal range- 120/80

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Ron, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

This is a very effective drug but I noticed that Express Scripts has removed it from their preferred formulary and recommend Diovan HCT or Hyzaar. I do have some light headed feeling but I don't know what it is related to since I also take some other meds.

Related Reading: diovan hct | hyzaar

Comment from: retired painter and decorator, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 24

it has helped me lower my blood pressure

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 13

Swelling, rash,breathing, skin dryness and loss

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Elsa, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 31

I have had trouble with various BP meds this is the only one that has controlled my BP. I cannot tolerate Calcium Channel blockers, Beta Blockers or Alpha blockers.

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 22

Urrinate every 2 hrs. during night. Do I really need the diuretic?

Comment from: Tricia, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been taking Atacand for 5 months now, the early slight dizziness passed quite quickly and now I have no side effects. I am wondering whether it has a detrimental affect on libido though?

Related Reading: atacand | dizziness