Atarax

Comment from: M.S. 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: September 27

I was given hydroxyzine hcl 25mg to treat anxiety. I am very leary using meds so I cut pill in half. about half an hour later a extreme low hit me a little later I became extremely tired. Could not function take or take care my 3yr old grandchild. The anxiety went away, but not something I want to take again. I take medication for depression, do not want or need a medication that makes me feel low.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

Comment from: Sundee 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: September 06

It was prescribed for anxiety but doesn't seem to help at all.

Comment from: 35-44 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: June 24

I was prescribed this only as a sleep aid, for no other reason. I took the 25MG strength. The side effects I experienced were increased visits to the bathroom, almost every two hours, and restlessness. Unfortunately, it only made me drowsy but couldn't really help me get a good night's sleep.

Comment from: 3ya Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: June 14

Asked for this back in 2016 for longstanding anxiety that wasn't fully controlled by daily sertraline + gabapentin. On the plus side, it does help my anxiety and doesn't muddle my thoughts like Xanax. On the downside, the drowsiness from this medication noticeably reduces my desire to do anything and can last for up to two days after a single dose - and I'm convinced that my daily use of this medication between 2016 and early 2020 contributed to two depressive episodes. I still use it when my anxiety is really bad, but I prefer to use Xanax. Even though Xanax makes me feel like I've dropped a few IQ points and has an addiction risk, I still prefer that over feeling lifeless and risking another depressive episode. Everyone is different, though. My mother and my best friend both take hydroxyzine for anxiety. My mom only feels tired for a couple of hours and my best friend gets a dry mouth. Don't be like me and rush into it blindly, but please don't be scared away from this medication, either. Just make sure to discuss the potential benefits and side effects of this drug with your doctor before you pick it up from the pharmacy.

Related Reading: anxiety | xanax | dry mouth

Comment from: Anonymous 13-18 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: June 12

This was supposed to help with my anxiety but After I took this, I’ve experienced tremors, bowel movement, and nausea. Do not get please.

Related Reading: anxiety | tremors

Comment from: 65-74 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 25

Was given to me for anxiety; however, during the night woke up confused, difficulty sleeping and felt totally exhausted and unrested. Made me feel 'funny' and not right in my head. Will not take any longer regardless of what my doctor says.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Poison Ivy Itch 65-74 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 05

Doctor prescribed for poison ivy itching to take a night. It made me extremely tired and carried over into the day. I only took for two weeks and stopped because I was unable to function mentally for my work during the day and after two days off the med I'm still sleepy during the day

Comment from: keesl 19-24 Transgender 6 months to less than 1 year Caregiver Published: May 05

I was prescribed this to take on my bad anxiety days as an extra boost along with my regular meds. I feel it has helped and has kept anxiety at bay when I needed it

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Lulu 19-24 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: April 28

I woke up the next day so exhausted and incredibly dizzy, heart palpitations throughout the day and blurred vision. I was put on it for anxiety from urgent care. I won’t use it again

Related Reading: palpitations | anxiety

Comment from: Relaxing 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: April 19

The traffic and noises outside my house have been extremely frustrating to me, enough to cause anxiety like I've never experienced. My doctor prescribed this and it works. I could take it as many as four times a day but the most I've taken it was in the afternoon and evening once. Otherwise I take it as needed once a day.

Comment from: 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 19

While this drug does keep the itching at bay, it also causes drowziness. Therefore, I take it after a meal and often follow it with a cup of black tea. This combination works well for me.

Comment from: AliGas 45-54 Male 10 years or more Patient Published: February 02

I have eczema that I treat with a combination prescription Betaderm Ointment 0.1% with Hydroxyzine 25mg. I have been on these prescriptions close to 20 years and yet my condition continues to only get worse and keeps spreading. I am supposed to take one tablet a day but when I get flareups I have to cheat and double the dose for a couple days or so before I get any relief. Starting to wonder if I have developed some type of immunity or resistance on hydroxyzine

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: floofer 45-54 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 19

does not work

Comment from: 65-74 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Caregiver Published: September 01

It helps me relax and also to have a restful night sleep

Comment from: 65-74 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: August 24

I have used for years. I take when I need to. I am allergic to my medication, but my meds help me more than hurt me. So I take the hydroxyzine HCI for the inching. It works and has for years.

Comment from: Gina 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: July 19

My anxiety seems heightened or this medication has not helped at all. It makes me extremely itchy all over my face and upper body. Trying to find a safe alternative for Xanax and for me, this ISN’T it.

Related Reading: anxiety | xanax

Comment from: Crystal 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 20

Have been fighting for breath for 2 days noticed I haven’t really drank anything fr 3 days I was just sipping here and there dizziness and while sitting still felt like I was moving the gasping for air caused panic attacks

Related Reading: dizziness | panic attacks

Comment from: Sherre 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 14

The first day it was pretty good, took it at night and slept really well. Now I'm on the 3rd day and it is giving me one heck of a headache, which I rarely get. I'm unable to sit still, I'm trying everything I can to work this out of my system after having taken it last night. It did not help me sleep. I'm going to stop taking this drug.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Bg816 19-24 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 11

Did not see a difference in my anxiety at all while on this medication made me sleep for EVER and made my dreams very vivid

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: MamaBear 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: December 03

Really can’t tell any difference while taking this drug for anxiety. I was unaware until I looked it up that it was also an anti-histamine.

Related Reading: anxiety

Anxiety Disorder Pictures: Symptoms, Panic Attacks, and More with Pictures See Slideshow