Ativan

Comment from: Nikkiashley101 19-24 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: April 06

I only take one as need maybe once a week tops, on my high anxiety or high stress days, it makes me feel normal, stops my mind from racing. Iâ??ve tried so many things, and nothing has helped like this. Although, after the pill has worn off mid day I do feel so tired and drained, but that makes it easier to sleep through the night, which I usually struggle due to insomnia. I feel it makes me a more emotionally stable person when I take it.

Related Reading: anxiety | stress | insomnia

Comment from: ripster 55-64 Male Patient Published: August 30

i have a high leavel of axienty 1 take 1 .05mg and a hour latter i feel normale again. the side effect that has hapened to me is beeing realy tired after it wares off

Comment from: 75 or over Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: July 10

I take one tablet .5 Ativan one to two hours before bedtime. Sometimes I wake up to go to the bathroom and go right back to sleep. I wake up after 7 or 8 hours and feel rested. I am 84 years old and am not concerned about possible addiction.

Related Reading: ativan

Comment from: Anya 25-34 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: June 06

I take 1mg when i show warning signs of a panic attack, it calms me down enough to deal with it. I take 1mg before bed if I'm having insomnia, it gives me a few good hours sleep. I don't feel sluggish or 'hungover' the next day, my body feels like it actually slept. I haven't experienced any side effects.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: LA 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: January 26

I was prescribed 2mg Ativan 3 times a day. I was getting this drug to help me with panic attacks and anxiety. I didnâ??t get any directions, warnings or contradictions. I just didnâ??t even think of asking, he was the educated psychiatrist so I trusted him. Well my anxiety was through the roof and the Ativan was not working so I would take an extra one..then another and it still wasnâ??t working, I had built up a tolerance for them. It was the weekend so I said I was going to call him on Monday. When I got a hold of him, told him how much I was taking and he said that I needed to go to detox ASAP that if I didnâ??t I would have seizures. He was right, I almost died in that detox facility. I never ever have been in such physical pain and so sick. It was benzos, it might feel good at first but long term use even a month on 0.5 mg you will pay the price. Had I been told this before I would have never ever taken it. Be careful!

Related Reading: ativan | panic attacks | anxiety

Comment from: Old red 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: August 27

Love this pill. Has helped me for many years off and on. Use it for calming brain down so I can sleep, or when Iâ??m nervous about something. Donâ??t use very often because very hard to get from Dr. so I have to limit my usage. But if it was up to me and easier to get Iâ??d take 1 pill every day. Sure takes the edge off .

Comment from: 55-64 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: May 10

Helped immensely with Stress Anxiety Waking Insomnia and Tinnitus which I did not know it could mask the whining noise in my ears which caused me major anxiety.

Related Reading: stress | anxiety | insomnia

Comment from: 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: November 06

Had a very bad withdrawal experience. It was horrible. Took me 1 year

Comment from: Rydapt_User 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 16

I took this as it can help with the effectiveness of my Chemo. I can believe this drug is on the market! I was mean, aggressive and suicidal when using it. I took it for three months and can believe the difference I feel not being on it again. I was not the same person! It was awful, PLEASE don’t start this or other benzodiazepines. If you weren’t suicidal before taking this drug, you will be after!

Comment from: Christine 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: June 03

I have found Ativan to be my savior, my husband went into a nursing home and l became so anxious about it all, l was a mess but now everything seems easier to bear.

Related Reading: ativan

Comment from: russellmeans 65-74 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: February 05

I have used this drug for a good 20 years. I had big problem with inner ear and vertigo. This was the only drug that helped me. You see with vertigo it can also cause to become very anxious.

Comment from: Thia 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: August 23

Ativan is a living, breathing nightmare from the depths of hell to withdraw from. I took .5 mg for 3 months for insomnia and two weeks later after stopping it, I am still having trouble standing in the shower and walking. Insomnia is back big-time and the headaches are beyond brutal. I have already had unnecessary medical tests because of the side effects it caused while still taking it. I am sorry I just didn't put 2 and 2 together earlier on. Still so afraid because I know I'm no where out of the woods yet from what I've read and from what I am experiencing. I know I should taper; but I am petrified to have any more of this poison in me. FDA says it can be harder to kick than heroin-why is it still so available? Do something besides printing leaflets FDA!!!

Related Reading: ativan | insomnia

Comment from: Sue 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: August 08

My husband was 38 years old and committed suicide from taking Ativan. It was taken in combination with Welbutrin for depression. Do not take these two together..the ativan made him have body tremors, nervousness, and horrible suicidal thoughts. Do not take Ativan and you become addicted within one month. He was taking it for three months and couldn't handle life anymore.

Related Reading: suicide | ativan | depression

Comment from: Martih 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 23

Suffer from claustrophobia - had to have an MRI and was horribly nervous about it. I took two 1mg pills about 1 hour apart and tolerated the MRI perfectly. However, I slept the rest of the day and all night! LOL This really worked well for me and calmed me down so that I could relax and lay still for the hour it took to do the scan.

Comment from: Mimi D 55-64 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: May 02

I take ativan oral for anxiety and PTSD. It has worked better than any of the 9 or 12 they've me in over many, many years. I've been on threes time for 15 years, with no problems stopping when I need to for surgery etc. Lately there's a new black box warning out about this and oxys, but I've been taking them together for years now with no problem... sooooooooo, now my doctor says she can't give them to me anymore so I'm off them for two weeks, and in that time I've slept 2 nights through. I'm on tomazepam which doesn't work much at all. For insomnia, HA!! I've cut way back on the oxys so I can get the ativan back... it's the only drug for me to help with anxiety

Related Reading: ativan | anxiety | insomnia

Comment from: Iondees 35-44 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: May 02

It works awesome.

Comment from: Mike S. 55-64 Male 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: April 03

I was prescribed for anxiety. I found it was great for my chronic sleeping problem also. Great sleep for 5 or 6 hours with no hang over, like most sleeping pills. Also I recently quit drinking after 40 years. Little side effects thanks to Ativan. I think it increases male libido too. This med has been a Godsend for me. 2 mg at bedtime for 10 years.

Related Reading: anxiety | ativan

Comment from: NunYa 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 24

Worked great at first. Then my behavior got erratic (like flooring my car to 70 mph in 25 mph zones for no reason). Started getting irritable and shaky between doses. Realized I had gotten hooked off 1 mg, 3 times a day for a month and half. Tried to get off it and doctors were next to useless. Went to ER with full-blown convulsions/muscle spasms and doctor told me it was the worst case of withdrawal he had seen in 14 years, and that I would die of a heart attack, relapse and start taking it again, or become an alcoholic. 6 years later I'm still alive, drink once or twice a week, and haven't taken any benzos since the day after my ER visit. Be safe about it, but don't listen to doctors who tell you that you have to keep taking it forever, find one who will help taper you off. Be strong, you CAN do it, and you'll be better off for it.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | heart attack

Anxiety Disorder Pictures: Symptoms, Panic Attacks, and More with Pictures See Slideshow
Comment from: Charlize 13-18 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: January 17

I was given this medicine when I was at the hospital and I was really nervous and was having kind of an anxiety attack so the doctor gave me it to calm me down. AT the time i was also at the hospital because I was having a weird right facial spasm that gave me headaches daily. The doctor gave me 2 mg when I was getting something done ,then they noticed my twitching stopped. At the time they couldn't figure out the cure for my facial spams so when they noticed that it had temporarily stopped my twitching, they were immediately intrigued and told us to take it for a bit until they find an actual cure. Later on, i have been taking 2 mg of attivan and it had made me really sleepy and it made it hard to stay away in school. Months later, they reduced the dosage to 1 mg, and it made me less sleepy but still same side effects. even though i refused to admit it, it made me forgetful, although it made me really relaxed, etc., and it did change my mood a lot based from what my family said. I would think i get headaches if i wasn't on it, I was taking it daily btw. Now coming off of it , it did have bad withdrawal symptoms my mood was completely messed up, it made me sad at times, however i was never mad, just crying but that was because i had a lot going on however i know the medicine did not totally help me either. I wouldn't say the medicine is bad because I'm pretty sure if u have anxiety and etc. this medicine would help a lot HOWEVER TAKE IN GOOD CONSIDERATION THAT THIS IS ADDICTING , AND U MIGHT BE ADDICTED AND NOT EVEN BE AWARE.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 06

I have been on this medicine for three months. I am having severe stomach pain and have to eat every 2 to 3 hours or I get really shaky and like I am going to pass out. Never been this bad before. I have been taking a 0.5 mg at bedtime, now I am taking half of that! Trying to get off this medicine!