Atrovent Nasal Spray

Comment from: imabeliever, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 05

I have used Atrovent for at least the last ten years, every day of my life. Without it I would have to be antisocial. It allows me to do my everyday activities without my runny nose spoiling my life. I use it once maybe twice a day and have never had any side effects. I bless the day my Dr. finally gave me this one to try, none of the others helped a bit.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I suffered from chronic runny nose, especially when I ate or drank anything. This product has allowed me to live my life again and enjoy food. I have been experiencing a chronic cough and I am not sure whether or not it is a result of the product. Nevertheless, this product has cured my runny nose. I take it twice daily.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Summersan, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 23

My nose ran almost constantly. None of OTC allergy meds stopped it. This really works, but I use only one (unprimed) spray in each nostril every 2 or 3 days. I wait until the running starts before I use it. This way I avoid side effects. I asked doc for Atrovent after reviewing on-line info about all choices. At 73, I never start with the full dose of any drug so I only take what I need.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: Amitygirl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

Dried my nose right up! Also dried up my throat, mouth and eyes - contributed to a sore throat I didn't have before. Does nothing for sinus congestion, which was my main problem with this head cold. Not sure that this was necessarily the right fit for all my symptoms.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 16

I have a chronic runny nose - drips like water. This dries my nose up great. I tried Flonase and that did not work for me.

Related Reading: flonase

Comment from: dutch2220, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 01

I suffer from chronic sinusitis and a horrible post-nasal drip. I've tried every prescription drug on the market and after two years this one is the ONLY one that has stopped the post-nasal drip as well as having improved my sinus issues.

Comment from: joan, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

Had nonallergic runny nose for over a year. atrovent stopped my nose from running immediatedly. It has caused me to have blurred vision which is a concern.

Comment from: Bean, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 22

Starting about five years or so I began having bad runny nose especially outdoors, when it is cold. Blowing my nose continuously, sniffing and wiping I hated having to go anywhere. People even said it was from my bad nerves. Bull! Tried just about everything to no avail. After discovering Atrovent nasal,it has helped tremendously.Even to the point that at times it can get too dry but I'd rather have it this way. I feel like a normal person when I'm shopping now. So grateful.

Comment from: dreamofgina, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 20

I took this because my nose would run non-stop yearround especially when I'd go outside or when I'd eat -- and I don't have allergies at all. The doc Rx'd two sprays up each nostril a.m. and p.m. It makes me miserable during the day because I'm STILL CONGESTED and I have severe dry throat. I can't wait for this **** to wear off! Maybe I'll try to cut the dose down to one spray per nostril but ONLY when my nose gets runny again, as one reviewer suggested. P.S. I must be nuts for giving this another shot because the taste is nasty.

Comment from: Livinanlearnin, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

Yes I had runny nose due to a cold virus and opportunistic bacterial infection. I tried home remedies, nasal wash, antihistamine and decongestant. Also had fever of 101 degrees F. By day 3 I had a wheezing sound but my lungs were clear. On day 4 saw nurse practitioner at urgent care facility. Was hesitant to use Ipratropium 0.06 percent nasal solution- generic version of Atrovent. Felt weak. Back muscles exhausted from coughing. Could barely talk because hard to push air through vocal cords. Used two sprays in each nostril and began to feel relief in my lungs altjough it was a nasal spray. Sinuses opened. Constant coughing stopped. Felt a little dizzy. Mild headache but took generic Tylenol to reduce fever which also managed headache. Ipratropium worked on first dose as intended. Will notify if anything negative occurs.

Related Reading: fever | ipratropium | headache

Comment from: anna31382, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

This made me constipated enough to take a stool softener, but didn't help my runny nose at all. I stopped using it after 10 days.

Comment from: Fire Victim, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 13

It appears to have cause lung issues when due to smoke from fires I started using on a more regular basis (every 2-4 days). I thought the lung issues were related to smoke. However the symptoms would disappear over 4 days and then reappear 1-3 hours after a new dose. I used it to periodically keep my nose clear when using a nose oriented C-PAP. I would only use it 1-3 times a month. When the fires appeared I started using about every four days.....and a recurring lung problem coincided. It took me two ER visits before I put it all together. My symptoms were shortness of breath, heavy fatigue, and a sensation of heaviness in my chest. I am now 5 days out from my last dose and almost back to normal. I am not 100% certain of the correlation but it is something of which all users should be aware. One of my biggest mistakes was forgetting to tell the ER Doctor I was using this drug.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: HappySpring13, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 06

This is my life saver. I've been on it for more than 15 years. My nose would run from the moment I woke up in the morning and all day. I wasn't able to meet clients, go out to eat or do anything and cleaning the house, boy that was just horrible. As my nose would just run, run, run. Ever since my doctor prescribe this to me, my life has been 100 times better. I take it in the morning 2 sprays in each nostril. But I give it about 5 mins between sprays. It works up until bed time. I've been able to lead a normal active life without the fear of my nose running. My throat does get dry from time to time, but the side affect is worth it to me.

Comment from: Robert, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

I have used many medications to treat my condition during the past 30 years. I have tried every new product available; Atrovent Nasl, Ipratropium 0.03% has proven best of all for me. I had experienced adverse side effects with other meds, such as reflux and weight gain due to an increase in cortisol (Nasonex). Since dosing this medication, those two side effects have been eliminated.

Related Reading: ipratropium | nasonex

Comment from: junebug, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

Worked like my doctor said, I have blocked sinus' causes major sinus headache. I also, experienced sore and dry throat, but it made me so sick to my stomach. Stayed with morning sickness all day long. Fine when first got up, sprayed and it started all over again. So, everyday, to spray or not to spray? Headache or severe nausea?

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: clogged, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 02

I will blame the doctor on this one. I was prescribed the Ipratopium Bromide Nasal Solution 0.30% as I have sinusitis and my nose and head are clogged. I cannot breathe as my nose is stuffed. From the reviews it sounds like this is for runny noses. What a waste of my money!

Comment from: lrrkuv, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 03

My nose would run while eating. This spray has not solved the problem and was a waste of money.

Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers See Slideshow