Augmentin ES

Comment from: bertpot, 55-64 (Patient) Published: January 01

After just 6 hours I became very itchy.

Comment from: Shannon21670, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 31

This was given to my 11 month old son for an ear infection. It's very hard to get him to take it because of the taste and as soon as it hits his stomach he throws it back up. It has also given him severe diarrhea and caused a lot of pain where the skin is now irritated. Seems to me the treatment is worse than the cure!

Related Reading: ear infection | diarrhea

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 13

Yes it makes you queasy. Heart palpitations. But would you rather die? Grow up people.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: Sue, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I was prescribed Augmentin 875 po bid x 10 days for ear infection. It cleared my ear but While taking it I got mild cold and disappeared and came back as severe sore throat x 1 day. Then continued with bad cough with short of breath x 2 wks but no phlegm. 3 days after treatment I started having aching muscle pains on left shoulder blade then around my shoulder joint and locked it x 5 days with severe debilitating pain. All these within the 3 weeks. Ortho md saw calcific tendon on left shoulder. I did hot and cold tx,Went for P.T. Deep massage, cold laser tax, all these while with swelling of both knees and pain on that nerve from neck to shoulder blade down to sciatic(butt) to my last toe, affected bilateral on and off.Crp and esr very elevated. Only 1 day fever. Been going on for 1 and 3 wks now. I did also charcoal therapy to detox on my own, juicing for arthritis symptoms, and lots of exercise. GP and ortho md didn't think it was drug allergic hypersensitivity. But with my research I really believe it is. See also askapatient.com on Augmentin side effects! Also, I had taken this drug before and looking back left me with impaired sense of taste and smell and my head mildly feeling full like sinusitis feeling. Hit me real hard this time around! I'm on temporary disability at the moment.

Related Reading: augmentin | sore throat | cough

Comment from: MistyL, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 12

I was giving my 23 month old this medication due to an ear infection. He vomited twice into day 3 of being on it. I stopped immediately and called his Dr.