Avinza

Comment from: Fibroweary, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 23

I am a severe fibro/myofacial pain/chronic fatigue patient with alot of other illnesses that has been on Avinza 90mg for 1 1/2+ yrs. Before that was methadaone 2 yrs, oxycodone 2 yrs. I am trying to get my doctor to lower the dosage of Avinza to work myself off of the meds. I have internal problems coming about because of the pain meds. He doesn't want to lower the Avinza. My pain is so severe but there has to be another way. I have noticed this med was great at first but over time has robbed me of a sexual drive, my memory loss has gotten so much worse because of the morphine. I seem to be more depressed, don't laugh or have as many emotions or talk as much. It is very scarey to be a prisoner of pain meds and have a doctor at any time take them away. Also to find another doctor if you move is a nightmare. I am very blessed to have had doctors with fibro in their families so they understand. The best doctor was an older doctor with an herbal remady which I did not give a good enough try. I am also very blessed to have a husband that understands and helps out around the house when I am in a flare up. There truely has to be another way. In Jesus name I pray for all of us.

Related Reading: avinza | oxycodone | morphine

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 07

AFTER A LONG,EXTENSIVE TESTING AND SEEING NUMEROUS DOCTORS,I WAS FINALLY DIAGNOSED.THE SPECIALIST SAID,YOU HAVE FIBROMYALGIA,ITS NOT GOOD BUT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.I DONT KNOW,BUT I DO KNOW THIS DISEASE ROBS YOU OF YOUR LIFE.I WAS ON PAIN MEDS THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS FREAKED OUT,BUT, IT HELPED WITH THE PAIN.I WAS FEELING LOST,HOPELESS AND EVERYONE NOTICED THE CHANGE.I FINALLY BEGGED THE DOCTOR,TO ONCE AGAIN,CHANGE MY MED.WELL,HE DID,HE GAVE ME AVINZA.BUT WHAT NEITHER ONE OF KNEW,WAS I WAS ABOUT TO GET 95% OF MYSELF BACK.WITH THE 1st DOSE,I STARTED TO FEEL BETTER,A LOT BETTER.AVINZA NOT ONLY HELPS GREATLY WITH THE PAIN,BUT,YOU FEEL LIKE YOU AGAIN,AND I FEEL LIKE I WON THE LOTTERY.IF YOU FEEL LOST FROM YOUR MEDS AND YOU HAVE FIBRO,ASK YOUR DR. ABOUT AVINZA,YOU MAY GET YOUR LIFE BACK TOO! ALI MUSOLINO,PA.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | avinza

Comment from: twocheck, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

My original back injury started from a ladder accident while working as a firefighter in 1982. I have always had back pain but I kept working as a firefighter for seven more years, since I did not want to give up on that profession but eventually common sense won out. I am so thankful now that I did not injure another person with that decision. 20/20 hindsight tells me that it wasn't one of the best decisions I have made. Anyway I have had several surgeries and procedures and taken numerous drugs and patches. Some pain killers worked but knocked me out and I still wanted to function within some degree of normal. Some of the pain killers and the patches did not help at all. The Avinza has been the first pain killer that has helped with over 50% of the pain, to me that is a tremendous help, and let me function. My biggest complaints are the side affects including feelings of nauseu, increased bleeding, and constipation. The oddest side effect to me was the fact that it makes me feel better pain wise but has made me much more short-tempered. I always considered myself fairly calm but I now have a short fuse which seems counter productive to the relief I have received from this medication. All in all I would still recommend this to anyone in similar situations. I have found out in the 26 years of pain that there are a lot of us sufferin with chronic pain but do not try to compare yourself to anyone else and do not feel to sorry for yourself because you do not have to look far to see someone a whole lot worse off than yourself. Good Luck.

Related Reading: constipation | chronic pain

Comment from: las2008, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

From the time I was around 35 yrs. old I had constant back pain and limitations.When I turnrd 39 the pain got so bad that I could not concentrate on anything but my lower back and the pain. I went to a Neurosurgeon who did find 1 lower disk that had ruptured and absessed. He had no other option, but to do surgery. Even though he fixed that problem I had many more .I am 45 now and I have Skulliosis, Osteoarthritis,Spinal Stenosis, Osteoperosis, and on top of all of that I have more than 6 disks that are buldging due to the stenosis. I have taken every pain killer that I know of like, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Roxicodone, demeral,Dilatah,Oxycontin, So many I can not remember, but I found a Dr. that introduced me to Avinza 120 mg. er and morphine sulphate 15mg . I take Avinza 1 time a day and the morphine sulphate 2 times a day, and i have to say I have never felt this good sinse My back has been bothering me.I often forget that my back is even hurt.I hope I can keep this Dr. and this Medication from now on.I tell every one that has a good back "Please do not take it for granite" I would give up everything that I have that I didn"t have to have to survive to have a good back again.

Related Reading: ruptured | osteoarthritis | hydrocodone

Comment from: Red, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 28

My life for the passed 10-15yrs...0-4 hrs of a good day...my life was control by pain and fatigue...I now have 12 plus hrs of good day...I can actually want to get up in the morning...I still get up stiff...but not in chronic pain...I call it a blessing

Related Reading: fatigue | chronic pain

Comment from: deb47868, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 20

I have sever fibromyaliga and the pain is constant. The Avinza has helped so much, to the point of making my life a little more comfortable

Related Reading: avinza

Comment from: REDFIREANT1, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 24

IF YOU GO TO THE AVINZA WEBSITE, YOU CAN GET A CARD THAT WILL PAY UP TO $50.00 ON 6 PRESCRIPTIONS. EVEN IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE IT WILL STILL PAY. THIS IS THE BEST MEDICINE I HAVE FOUND FOR MY ABDOMEN PAIN. I'VE HAD 7 SURGERIES ON MY LOWER ABDOMEN FOR DIFFERENT PROBLEMS AND WITHOUT AVINZA I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FUNCTION.

Related Reading: avinza

Comment from: Bunny, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 15

I have had disabilitating fibromyalgia for ten years. After two years on Avinza, I am returning to Work part-time. What an incredible thing! My physician has combined this medicine with a breakthrough pain reliever (vicodin), a sleeping aid (Lunesta) and exercise. In the past, my physician and I have tried many different drugs and different drug combinations to treat my fibromyalgia and finally this is the one that works for me. I have not increased my dosage during the entire two years!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | vicodin | lunesta

Comment from: pita1003, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

Suffer from severe back pain and this medicine works the best for me. Have tried many, and this is the best.

Comment from: LAURA4816, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 10

6 BACK SURGERIES, FUSION OF BACK FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, AND WONDERFUL FIBRO, WHICH IS PURE ----, AND IF YOU HAVE IT YOU KNOW

Comment from: alert, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I take this for the pain of Fibromyalgia and it has been a lifesaver. I take it every morning and I can function like a real person. Without it, I am in such pain that all I can do is curl up and cry just as I did before I had this. When I do run out and haven't refilled my Script, I am fine for 1 or maybe 2 days; but by the 3rd day, I am unable to do anything productive whatsoever. I have never felt any sort of side effect whatsoever. In fact, aside from the fact that without it I am miserable, I would never know that I have had anything. It just works for me. However, the arthritis pain which I also have, it does not touch at the current dosage whatsoever.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | arthritis

Comment from: redfireant, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I TAKE AVINZA 120mg AND HAVE BEEN ON IT SINCE 2-21-08. I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN IN MY ABDOMEN CAUSED BY HAVING 9 SURGERIES. I HAVE MULTIPLE ADHESIONS AND NERVE DAMAGE. IT HELPS WITH THE PAIN, BUT MAKES ME NAUSEAUS. *GINGER CANDY HELPS WITH NAUSEA* IT ALSO MAKES ME VERY CONSTIPATED. *AMITIZA AND OMEGA 3 SUPPLEMENTS HELP WITH CONSTIPATION* I'VE BEEN ON ALL KINDS OF PAIN MEDS, BUT AVINZA IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HELPS ME FUNCTION SOMEWHAT NORMALLY. WHEN I HAVE REALLY BAD DAYS, I HAVE TO TAKE AN (I.R.) INSTANT RELEASE MORPHINE PILL 15mg, I HAVE AT LEAST 1 BAD DAY A WEEK. I MAKE SURE TO TAKE A *MILK THISTLE* SUPPLEMENT EVERYDAY BECAUSE IT HELPS DETOXIFY MY LIVER AND KIDNEYS...(*AVINZA CAN BE BAD ON YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS*).

Related Reading: chronic pain | ginger | amitiza

Comment from: strattin, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had chronic back pain on and off for most of my life due to scoliosis and spinal fusion with a Herrington rod. Recently, the discomfort had become constant and resulted in taking vicodin or percoset. I would take vioodin 5mg once every 2 hours when things were very bad and sometimes more. I was concerned about becoming addicted to hydrocodone and saw a pain specialist. He told me about the long term effects of chronic pain on the brain and on the limitations to activity and enjoyment of life, so with a different perspective, I decided to try Avinza. After only 2 days, I am much happier and have reduced the need for vicodin dramatically! The long term systemic effects of morphine on the body are actually minimal (especially compared to the other ingredients in vicodin and other pain meds.) I will gladly trade a "tolerance" to morphine and take it the rest of my life to the misery of living with chronic pain! I look forward to dialing in the dose of Avinza that provides relief most of the time and then taking vicodin as needed (minimally!) for the breakthru pain. Enjoying everyday activities, being pleasant to my wife and kids, living with minimal discomfort is life changing both for me and for my family. Chronic pain is devestating. Having to take morphine to control the pain and getting my life back is...priceless!

Related Reading: scoliosis | vicodin | hydrocodone

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 26

Have been using approximately 6 months as a replacement medication for severe neck and upper spine pain. Has been a very effective treatment and no side effects

Comment from: grandmom21664, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 10

have had 2 back surgerys and this helps to control the pain during the day without feeling high. at night i still need the percocet and soma but this med is great has helped me to be able to move without so much pain. it gives such a slow release of dosage that you get a better sustained relief of the pain.

Related Reading: percocet | soma

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 27

I am on 370mg/day of Avinza. I am also taking Ultracet for breakthrough pain,skelaxin, and epidural injections every 3-4 months.I'm also on several other meds to treat depression from the chronic ongoing pain. I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,Ankylosing Spondylitis and have 4 herniated discs and 6 pinched nerves. Avinza has been a tremendous help. I love the fact that I can function very normally with no side effects to my state of mind.Unfortunately, the profuse sweating is a killer. I am in capri-pants and short sleeves when the weather is 50 degrees out in NY.My hair is constantly in ringlets which is embarrasing. But, the pain control is wonderful. So..I guess it's pain or sweat?? I also have the constipation but, if i take Miralax EVERY day, I'm fine. I've been on Humira and am going to start IV Remicade soon. I hate taking all these meds but, don't know how else to cope. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Related Reading: avinza | ultracet | skelaxin

Comment from: texasfizzil, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

Before taking Avinza, the only relief I ever got from extended relief medications was duragesic patches. But my skin could not take the irritation. Other morphine based meds didn;t work. I am happy with my current plan.

Related Reading: duragesic | morphine

Comment from: ng68, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 19

living with chronic pain for 5yrs have tried it all avinza is the magic pill i was waiting for i know these nothing to realy take the pain away but this stuff takes the edge off living with chronic pain u just take day by day keep the faith

Related Reading: chronic pain | avinza

Comment from: geezer, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 31

Doctor's have tried all other pain medications, from the non narcotic, NSAIDS, Dilaudid, methodone, nerontin, morphine sulfate and the Avinza is not only one I can tolerate and utlize but, it's most helpful pain medication that WORKS! Mind you, nothing eleviates the pain completely, but, it manages my multiple chronic pain to a tolerable level. As well as without major side affects (I'm allergic to sulfates). It works far better for pain management than even Oxycontin!

Related Reading: nsaids | dilaudid | pain management

Comment from: lgmeridieth, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 21

I have been taking high doses of Avinza for about 3 years for fibromyalgia. It isn't a miracle drug, but it has worked better than anything else I've tried - and I've tried a lot! It's very expensive and hard to find, but worth the trouble.

Related Reading: avinza | fibromyalgia

Comment from: CSR, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

after 4 years of Percocet and Oxcontin, I finally had 3 back surgeries. Surgery was not 100% sucessful. The Avinza makes me very sleepy, however the pain relief is the best I have had yet!

Related Reading: percocet

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I have a spinal cord injury w/a patch on my spinal cord from two diskectomies (cervical) in which the last one in 07 left me with some residual paralysis on my right side, constant burning and terrible pain. If it were not for my faith, family, & the drugs (including Avinza) I don't know what I would do! Sometimes the pain is almost unbearable! Pain Clinic treatments/procedures don't help!!

Comment from: M/S Patient, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

marijuana, and avinza working well with my M/S

Related Reading: marijuana | avinza

Comment from: on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I've suffered with chronic back & neck pain for 21 yrs. Had 3 surg. For 13 yrs., I was on Lorcet 10 and it worked well. I moved to a different state and my dr. took me off Lorcet and Rx'd Avinza 30 1 day. I've been on this on 4 yrs. now. I need something at least twice a day because this does not last more than 12 hrs. I've told my dr. this several times and he will not change the dosage or medication. I just can't take this pain anymore. It says this is to be only RX'd if other narcotics don't work i.e. Lorcet, Vicodin, Percocet, etc). Well, Lorcet worked well for me. I've asked him to put me back on it but he refuses. I just don't get it. I've had Oxycontin before for a short time and it worked well but he will not RX this either. I hate when drs. say there is nothing else they can give you. It's bull. There are plenty of pain meds to RX but they refuse to RX them.

Related Reading: neck pain | lorcet | vicodin

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 26

I have been on Vicodin, Percocet, Oxycontin, Methadone, And Avinza. I have only been taking Avinza for 5 days, and it works sometimes and not others. It does not last 24 hours like they claim it does. All my discs in the Lumbar area are either herniated or bulging. My first back injury was in 1998 and the pain is continually getting worse. I think Methadone has worked the best for me, but I have a problem urinating. Methadone makes me retain fluid and it is hard to go to the bathroom. This is the most frustrating thing that I have ever had to deal with in my life. Sometimes I feel like life is not worth living, but my family keeps me going. Good luck to everyone that is in pain.

Related Reading: oxycontin