Avodart

Comment from: Rusty55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 18

After trying drugs (Flomax, finateride) to help urinary retention for a yr., I had a crisis & had a TURP in 2011. This happened a year later, had another TURP in 2012. A year later, 2013, I had another episode & realized I should take Avodart to reduce BPH & take Rapaflo. This combo worked great for 2 years. However, I started feeling hypersensitivity, & my tongue swelled up, going to the ER for an IV of Bendryl. I stopped both Avodart & Rapaflo, but a week later I was back in ER with urinary retention to get a Foley catheter. I suspect Avodart for the severe allergic reaction, since I had to stop Flomax several years ago for milder allergic reaction. I will try Rapaflo less than daily after the catheter is removed. My prostate did shrink after 2 yrs. on Avodart.

Related Reading: flomax | urinary retention | avodart

Comment from: JD55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 08

My doctor said my prostate was a 3.5 out of 5 with 5 being the largest. After taking Avodart it has dropped to about 1.5. So has worked good that way. I did see a drop in sperm fluid and it turned to a clear liquid. What I did is a little research and discovered that if a Man takes some Progesterone it helps you from going sterile. I use a product called Balanced Male. Also a herb called Shatavari has helped a lot with erectile dysfunction. It also increases the fluid. I use a product from "The Raw Food World" called "Raw Wildcrafted Shatavari Extract. Do your own research and find what works for you.

Related Reading: avodart | erectile dysfunction

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 11

Breast increased in size!