Avodart

Comment from: bigguy65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 16

avodart has helped alot after using for two months. had discontinued flomax because of blurry vision and enlarged breasts.

Comment from: Flabbygasted45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 13

I was prescribed Avodart for prostatitis, but it didn't help at all. It is an anti-testosterone medication which will reduce your sex drive along with your ability to build or even maintain muscle. I ride my bike 100+ miles per week and found my recuperation time took noticeably longer with less energy levels than before Avodart. I also couldn't build lean muscle mass worth a damn. My slight middle age bulge around my waist grew and I would lose less weight after long rides! These "feminizing" effects didn't sit well with me given my attempts at staying active, so I let my urologist know that Avodart deserves an "F".

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 17

loss of sex drive. erectile problems i did not experience before taking this drug.

Comment from: southernyankee3965-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 30

I have been taking this medication for about a year now and still have to get up about every 2 to 3 hours at night to urinate.

Comment from: peter c65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 14

I have prostate cancer and problems urinating.Receiving radiation at this time which makes urinating difficult.After using Avodart for four months I have not noticed much improvement.I have had problems with pain and swelling of both arms and hands.

Comment from: JT55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 25

I have been taking this medication for about 3 years for urinary problems - slow start, weak flow, dribbling, etc. It has not helped at all. The side effects are terrible - no sex drive, ED problems and virtually no semen.

Comment from: joewood5455-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 08

I stopped taking the drug after a few weeks. My sense of taste and smell because seriously distorted. after 6 months off the drug, my smell and taste are not back to normal.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

Comment from: mikeyboy75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

Having been a smoker for years, I have been able to cut my smoking in to 1/8 of what I used to smoke, with very little effort. Does the hormone avodart attacks GTH, cause a person to want to smoke? I would think yes, but perhaps it deserves study.