Aygestin

Comment from: Donna45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 04

I went to the GYN because of my severely heavy bleeding and clotting. Was told to take and it would slow down my menstrual to be manageable. Since taking it (almost a month) i have not gotten my period at all (which happened to a friend of mine also) and i have no side affects so far. I had cramping when i was supposed to get my period, but nothing every showed up. If I can use this until i reach menopause probably a years time, i would love to keep taking this. So far the only positive result i have had. The heavy menstrual and clots prevented me from going out of my house 2 days a month and i feel like a normal person again.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: bostoniangirl13-18on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 12

This is my 3rd BC prescription (but 1st minipill) for my endometriosis. I've been on this prescription since this past January. The first month or two were okay, but this has been giving me super bad headaches since starting it. The past two months I'm dizzy every day to the point of fainting. No other side effects besides the headaches and dizziness but those are kind of unbearable. Doctor seemed confused to hear this was happening but didn't offer any solutions.

Related Reading: endometriosis | fainting | dizziness

Comment from: Tloney25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 18

I am 25yo Black woman who has been taking this medication since March 5th to stop the growth of my endometrioma and also with the pain and excessive bleeding. However since being on the medication I began bleeding within a week and not just spotting but heavy bleeding the cramps are intense as well. Iâ??m not sure if I should double up on doses I contacted My doctor three times last week to no avail there hasnâ??t been any assistance. All I know is that I donâ??t want to have a hysterectomy at 25 and before taking this medicine everyone should research how it will effect them because everybody body is different and how it effects one may not effect others. From researching most woman who are in the age range of 35 and up this pill has helped with there bleeding and etc for us younger woman. Not so much. I wouldnt recommend to anyone.

Comment from: brandy35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 22

period stopped. pain stopped. lost ~10 pounds in four months. am having trouble staying asleep. wondering if that is related.

Comment from: AG25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 13

I have been on this medication for several months now. I was put on it to try to stop my severe vaginal bleeding and clots. It has not worked for me. The longest break I have had between bleeding was 13 days. I am still having to keep extra clothes with me if I go somewhere. Sometimes the bleeding is so bad that I can't even leave my house.

Related Reading: vaginal bleeding