Azor

Comment from: DogGirl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 13

Blinding headaches, super-rapid hard-pounding heartbeats. Insomnia. When I could sleep, vivid nightmares. Twinging pains in my neck/head. Odd pulling sensation in my brain. I'd lie in bed afraid the next beat would be the last. This had the exact opposite effect that it should have. My BP never went below 170/100 and would actually go UP when I took the meds.

Related Reading: insomnia | nightmares

Comment from: Dave, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 12

Lisinopril not effective for htx after 12 yrs... After 2 mos using Azor 10/40, Bp went from approx. 150/95/75p to 105/65/85p. Swelling in ankles, added HCTZ. (Lovastatin for cholesterol also.) Still intermittent swelling and lower leg itchiness. Pulse rate in mid 80's. Light-headedness in getting up from being seated.

Related Reading: lisinopril | azor | lovastatin

Comment from: arhans, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

From day 1 that I took this medication I was extremely ill. I felt like I had the flu. As soon as I came of the medication I started feeling back to normal. I experienced terrible side effects with this medication. Make sure your Dr educates you fully on what the side effects can be.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 18

I keep getting sinus headaches

Comment from: lis, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Was taking 2 pills a day for HBP before beginning azor. The azor brought my blood pressure down to readings like 107/70. The first couple of weeks on it were pretty good some dizziness, heart racing, etc. but nothing I couldn't live with to achieve those numbers. However, beginning between the second and third week of treatment, I began to notice that within an hour or two of taking my azor I would start with nausea and then developed uncontrollable diarrhea in the days to come. Dr. insisted couldn't be azor and even treated me for something else. My belief is to look to what's different in your life to discover the cause. After a couple of weeks on the doctors prescribed treatment, I went back to my old HBP meds for a few days and symptoms started abating. Kept on them until everything back to normal. Yesterday for the first time tried azor again since it gave me such perfect numbers, within a few hours the nausea, vomiting and watery diahhrea began again. Am seeing my doctor today to get refills for my old meds. Don't get me wrong, for some I'm sure this is a wonderful drug as it does lower bp beautifully. Unfortunately, there's just something my digestive system can't handle.

Related Reading: azor | dizziness | diarrhea

Comment from: masty, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 22

My blood pressure was in the range of 140 to 150 over 85 to 90 using my old medication. Since taking Azor my blood pressure has come down to 120 to 130 over 70 to 80, however if I continue taking my pill every day, my pressure drops drastically, as low as 80 over 60. This drop has me really concerned and if I don't take a pill for three or four days, my pressure will remain around 125 over 75. I don't understand why my pressure fluctuates so much using Azor 50.

Comment from: mamaw, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 08

I took this drug for 6 months, I've muscle pain , headaches, kidney damage, chest pain, swelling of the hands,legs and feet, heart palpations, and a higher sugar numbers. I wouldn't advise anyone to take it. I'm now going to a specialist for the problem and the first thing he did was to take me off this drug. Hope no one else suffers with this drug as I did.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: memphis, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 01

bp dropped to 120/80 but wouldn't stay consistant. Side effects were mild but tolerable up until the 3rd week. Side effects included low leg cramps, pain in upper chest area that radiated down my left arm, short sharp jolting pain in my left temple, light headness, dizziness, little nausea, itchy throat, and a head ache that may have been caused by the sinus infection that I had while taking Azor. You may have cold chills that last for about 30-45 minutes also. I would not recommend this medication it has too many side effects that interupt everyday activities.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: achy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 08

Been on 5/40 for about three weeks. Taking lisinopril also at 40 mg and imdur at 30 mg er. Overall feeling of having flu like symptoms, headache, body aches etc. BP up and down very high pulse rate. Bloating and swelling of hands and feet. Very tired most of the time.

Related Reading: lisinopril | imdur | flu

Comment from: alohaflyer, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 09

While I am taking more than just this med, I seem to have some abdominal bloating, kidney (?) pain, and am tired. Am not sure if this med is at issue, but plan to check it out.

Comment from: rbg, 75 or over Published: January 30

My mom was just taken off of Azor after several weeks of bad confusion and memory problems, as well as tiredness, insomnia, high anxiety and many other things. I didn't realize that Norvasc was in it when he put her on it and she reacted to it several years ago, so why he put her on it again,I don't know. He has her on Benicar alone now and she is feeling more clear headed now, but it has a side effect of confusion too, so she may not come out of it all the way. She was on a bladder med that had confusion as a side effect too. I'm now taking her to an alternative practioner and he should be able to help her without doing more harm. It has been so hard to see her go through this and she doesn't tolerate any BP meds. She ended up in the hospital 3 times one year, due to side effects. I hope this helps others avoid the same suffering.

Related Reading: azor | insomnia | anxiety

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

I've been treated for HTN with several BP meds before finding the "right" one. This med hasn't caused any of the SE that I experienced with the other ones.

Comment from: firewind33, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 06

This is the only medication that has kept my blood pressure under control for about a year now. Very Very Satisfied. Don't feel i've had any adverse reactions to it at all.

Comment from: Danny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

I'm only on Azor for 2 weeks, (5/20mg) has lowered my BP and had slight trouble at begining with BM. Now appears to be fine and have more energy , with less sleep (7 hours solid)and feel much more focused. I'm not a big fan of drugs, but pressure started climbing in a 4 month period to 170/115. For years I was on 10 mg of ziac, a 5mg. valium, a 81 mg asprin and a multi vitamin. I'm 60 and have been told by many medical proffesionals my doctor is right on the money with his diagnoses and prescreptions. Keep in mind this is new for my system, will keep a close eye on it but has brought my pressure in range 135/88 in a 2 week period.

Related Reading: ziac | valium

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

reduced mybloodpressurebetterthananythingelse,but extreme swelling of legsandankles, possible fluid retention

Comment from: Bama1955, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 18

This medication did lower my blood pressure, however it gave me flu like symptoms and made me very sick. The same as with Amlopodine, I developed a deep wet cough. I became so sick, I was bedridden, before I could get it out of my system and be done with it. Thankfully, I have a doctor that listened to me and didn't jerk me around when I identified the cause of my flu-like symptoms. In fact, he said he has seen this before and stopped the Azor that day. It takes up to 2 weeks for it leave the bloodstream and the flu like symptoms to go away. Doctor had to give me a steroid shot and a B-12 shot to help me get up out of bed, I have felt so poorly from Azor! Symptoms are not worth it! I'd rather kill over with a heart attack than have the flu the rest of my life! Just being dramatic here, in case any passion of my fury was missed! :) My doctor has asked me to try Divoan HCT. Will start that tomorrow.

Related Reading: cough | heart attack

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: Arlene, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 11

After taking Azor (5/40mg)for 8 weeks, suddenly developed itching, tingling and burning of upper legs to above knee. Turned out to be hives. Received an anti-itch cream from dermatologist which did help. After 6 weeks of itching asked doctor if I could stop taking; he said no and prescribed an anti-histamine (again for itching). Decided on my own to stop using Azor and within 6 days everything disappeared. Have been given Tekturna (300mg/25mg) to take. After reading viewers reviews have decided NOT to take this medication and will stick to the treadmill for exercise. Only time will tell. This is getting scary!

Related Reading: azor | hives | itch

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 21

WOW this drug made me so weak and tired I got muscle weakness so bad I could barely stand. Water retention so bad I cant breath. Worked on 204/80 down to 120/56 in short time, but the SE are almost as bad as a stroke.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

Head aches and weight gain, BP lower with Azor but not acceptable because of the weight gain. Also mild chest pain about an hour after taking meds.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: dlite4umba2008, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

After the first day of taking Azor I noticed an significant increase in my blood pressure. I took my pressure last night and it was 160/105 pulse 107. I took it again this morning and it was 166/107 pulse 113. My dr suggested I take Azor along with Trianterene to lower my pressure. At this point I considering not taking either of them. I have had constant pressure headaches, dizzyness and continued sweats. I thought if I reduced my stress level at home and work that it would make a difference. As of today 04/22/08 I feel "sick". The uneasy feeling I have is really scary. I don't know if anyone else has experienced these or similar symptoms. If so what did you do.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 08

Washed out, sleepy,dizziness at night when first standing,

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Popcorn Papa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 15

Was on HCTZ for several years but pressure began to creep upward. New doc put me on Azor 5/20 which lowered it some but not enough. Upped dosage to 5/40 and pressure came down into the desired range. Experienced swelling of ankles and feet, so doc rx'd HCTZ 25mg which I take in the a.m. while taking the Azor in the p.m. Other side effects: some dizziness (went away when switched to p.m. dosage, swelling of ankles and feet, tingling/numbness in upper right leg, undesired weight gain (was not warned about this), bothersome dry cough, propensity toward upper respiratory infections, decreased libido and increase in E.D. symptoms. The overall rating is positive for the desired results: lower BP.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: donna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

I have been taking Azor for about a month because of my high blood pressure. The only side effect is the irregular hearbeat sometimes which I have to tell my doctor about. other than that the medication is really helping.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: azchevy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

I have been among those who get dizzy if I get up too quickly. My lower calves are tingly..like just falling asleep. I have noticed a slight discoloration in them as well. My lont distance stamina is shot. I get winded easily. I used to run 2 miles a day, but have settled for working out. I am very satisfied with the way the azor works. I was 150/100 and am now 100/65. I will take the side effects as a trade off.

Related Reading: azor

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

My doctor changed my blood pressure meds about two weeks ago and wanted me to try azor, since changing i have headaches everyday, my heart races like i have run a marathon just walking across the room and i feel like can't get a deep breath sometimes. I am going to the doctor tomorrow and get a different prescription.

Related Reading: azor