Baclofen

Comment from: jrw1990 25-34 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: August 16

I was prescribed Baclofen from my local emergency department because my lower back is hurting. I cant bend over, cant pick up my 10 month old son, cant laugh, cant cough and cant sneeze without it hurting my lower back. The doctor did NO scans of any kind, just prescribed me the Baclofen and sent me on my way. The doctor didnt tell me anything about the medication, the pharmacist didnt tell me anything other than it could cause drowsiness. The medication has made it so i can bend over a little bit, but i still get sharp pains if i try to lift up my son, stand up to quickly, straighten my back to quick, laugh, cough or sneeze. Ive experience false sense of euphoria, a bit of confusion, slight dizziness, ive cried over everything imaginable and ive been getting extremely nauseous about 4 hours after taking the medication. I take 20mg every 8 hours as needed. which its been needed because im still in pain. I dont know if i should go back and request a new medication because they didnt care enough the first time i was there, why would they care now? I dont recommend this medication. Do your research and look into any other medication that would fit your needs.

Related Reading: baclofen | dizziness

Comment from: Teresa Defreita 55-64 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 27

This was very helpful for me . Within 30mins or so the spasms and muscle pain weaken.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: Mrs A 35-44 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: March 22

My G.P changed me from diazepam to baclofen,it does not work for my back pain leg pain and muscle spasms increased

Related Reading: diazepam | baclofen | muscle spasms

Comment from: 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: January 07

I have been taking Baclofen for years. I have neck and back pain along with Fibromyalgia. It helps with the muscle spasms and I have not noticed any side effects.

Related Reading: baclofen | fibromyalgia | muscle spasms

Comment from: Geordie Gurl 45-54 Female Patient Published: July 26

I take up it for fibromyalgia. It’s one of several medications, but baclofen is the one that allows me to more easily stand each morning. Prior to my new dr prescribing Baclofen, it took about 30 minutes for me to deal with the tingling, burning sensations in my feet and calves each morning. Now they’re gone.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | baclofen

Comment from: Patsfanpam 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: July 10

I've had great success slowing muscle spasms from muscular dystrophy!! Once an appropriate dose was found...I'm in better control of my life and activities.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: B_responsible4UR_Own_Health 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 10

Horrible drug. Changed from oxycodone. Clumsiness, false sense of euphoria, insomnia, split finger tips, back pain, neck pain, mood change...pretty much every 'rare' side effect. I cannot believe how horrible this experience was. Very frightening especially since every side effect mirrors Covid-19. BE CAREFUL!!!

Related Reading: insomnia | neck pain

Comment from: plookyskin71 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: July 08

I have had an mri scan and had to have two operations for broken bones threw falling. I must admit it did stop the pain in my back but the side effects were too much. I started with half a tablet 3 times a day. Then went up to a full tablet 3 times a day - all the while increasing and decreasing over time. I am now on one tablet at night and shall cut down to half a tablet, before I stop. My doctor knows all this about coming off them.

Comment from: Erin 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: March 04

I have a C4 incomplete spinal cord injury (walking/wheelchair using quadriplegic) and Iâ??m three years post injury with a lot of spasticity in my lower back, that recently has stopped me from walking due to the extreme stiffness and potential spasms. I started taking baclofen for two days and I noticed my spasticity was getting worse to the point that I couldnâ??t transfer into bed. I stopped taking it and after a couple of days my body went back to normal with the the same spasticity I had before the baclofen. I tried lowering the dose to 5 mg three times a day and my spasticity was out of control, if I reached up to turn off the light from my wheelchair my back with nearly spasmed, when I got into bed I was unable to stretch out without spasming I had to stay in the fetal position for 30 minutes before I could even begin to roll onto my back. I stopped taking it after the third dose and Iâ??m still waiting for it to get out of my system. This is the worst tightness/spasticity that Iâ??ve felt since I was in the hospital and they had me on baclofen in the hospital for about eight months, Iâ??m wondering now if my spasticity was so terrible because of the medication. I must have some sort of allergy? Iâ??ve seen some other reviews saying the same thing, and Iâ??m actually glad to hear because my pharmacist told me that thereâ??s no way it would be the drug thatâ??s doing thisâ?¦ I know it is, I could tell after taking the first 5 mg.

Related Reading: baclofen | allergy

Comment from: Hutcheson 45-54 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: December 14

I'm suffering from severe paranoia and the dose has to be constantly increased to work. I take 40mg/day - 10mg x 4 and I tried to stop taking it slowly and had 2 seizures. This drug is dangerous -- PLEASE be careful and explore ALL options before you start it.

Comment from: Zagam 55-64 Male 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: May 30

Oral Baclofen has no effect on stuck shut EUS as it does not cross the blood-brain barrier so has no effect on the sacral spinal cord. Intrathecal required, but Codman 3000 discontinued and I don't want to be a defective Cyborg. Need another drug.

Comment from: 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 18

I have suffered with neck and back pain for many years. I just thought I had to live with excruciating pain every day. I reached a point where that's it, I've had enough and went to my doctor. She prescribed Baclofen and it is a "miracle drug". Right away I felt my neck muscles start to relax. I have had the best nights sleep in years.

Comment from: Thatguy692 25-34 Male Patient Published: April 30

Had 2 degenerative discs in my neck at 34 yrs old. Had emergency surgery the day after receiving an MRI due to the fact I couldnt walk and dropped things constantly as well as drop foot and numbness on the right side of my body. Fells like it's working fine for me but hey I'm not out for the high like some people

Comment from: JinX 35-44 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: April 29

It's not nearly as effective and the side effects are awful. I skipped a dose for a dental procedure felt so awful I couldn't even make my appointment. So many other meds with far less side effects!

Comment from: 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 13

Baclofen caused me to have a terrible pain in both of my ankles. It felt like my ankles were tightening up so tight it would wake me up at night.

Related Reading: baclofen

Comment from: The Dude 65-74 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: January 11

I take this 2x day with other meds, so I haven't experienced being sick. I eat something like cerial or a banana along with Zantac 150. Since it is bed time anyway and being tired is a plus. The AM doseage is another thing. I just Bogart through it. After a few days I really don't notice it anymore as I just adjusted. But the plus far outweighs any minuses. For the first time in years I can get up and move without being so stoved up after taking flexural. So if it works for you I suggest giving it a few days.

Comment from: syringomyelia 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 10

I'm glad I didn't read the bad reviews on this drug before hand, but it's good to know that this drug affects everyone differently. I have Chiari and Syringomyelia, and am 2.5 years post-op. My condition is not curable, and my symptoms are life changing. I have not been on narcotic pain medication as I want to address my severe spasticity first. Baclofen was ordered after 1 year of Robaxin (quit working) and 1 year of Tizanidine. I will admit that it is a strange titration period, but I have not experienced anything that would make me give up trying this medication. I did have really bad esophageal spasms but they went away after a few pretty uncomfortable days. I have really only experienced frequent urination. As far as drowsiness and brain fog, those are symptoms of my condition already. Adding Baclofen did not increase these drastically, but I am sleeping better. I wake up coughing in my sleep, which has been going on since surgery, and I still have numbness on my left side and in my extremities. I have not noticed much of a difference. However, the severe pain around my T4 vertebrae has been somewhat relieved (stably progressing syringomyelia syrinx). Am going to give this medication 6 months to see how comfortable I am/am not before waving the white flag and going to pain management.

Related Reading: baclofen | robaxin | frequent urination

What Is Multiple Sclerosis? MS Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis See Slideshow
Comment from: 35-44 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: November 06

I take Baclofen for muscle spasms in my neck and lower back along with degenerative disc disease. I also take this to help with GERD along with my PPI it has been the only thing that has helped me with epigastric pain! This has been a great help! and

Related Reading: baclofen | muscle spasms | gerd

Comment from: deblee 65-74 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: August 29

It worked for the first 6 months but I am now having break through pain. :( I am taking 90mg per day