Bactroban Ointment

Comment from: alt, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 11

This cream is a MIRACLE!!!! I get severe boils and bactroban almost eliminates them within 24-48 hours. Before my doctor had me start using this cream, most of my boils had to be lanced and drained in the doctor's office...ouch, by the way! My doctor also has me use my bactroban on my acne and it clears up within 24 hours. It works on ingrown hairs as well. I am a 35 year old female who has been using this for almost 7 years now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Related Reading: boils | acne

Comment from: Chyennes, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

Bactroban had me at awe when I first used it with its fast effectiveness at healing my fever blister on my chin. This blister consumes my chin when my lymphnodes in my throat swell and using Bactroban it lasted about two weeks then it was completely gone/healed. I highly recommend this item to all that has a problem with cold sores, fever blisters or issues of the sort. I deal with this fever blister about every year now and would not be caught without my Bactroban. I keep some at home all the time!!! I never know when the blister may pop up.

Related Reading: fever | cold sores

Comment from: Happy Patient, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I have used this medication off and on for many years now. It was prescribed to me for MRSA infection. Any time I see something that even resembles a recurrance popping up, I put a little Bactroban on it and the next day it is gone. This is TRULY a miracle drug. I have also used it on those really hard, deep pimples that you feel 3 weeks before you see them. Just put a little dab of bactroban on the spot and "poof", no more pimple.

Related Reading: mrsa

Comment from: MrsP, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 25

After using Neosporin Ointment on wounds for years, I suddenly developed an allergy to it. The affected area developed multiple blisters which became infected. Not good! My dermatologist prescribed Bactroban 2% Ointment SKB to heal the infection. I got the generic form which is Mupirocin 2% Ointment TEV. The Mupirocin did a good job of clearing up the infected area. Doctor also prescribed Clobetasol Propionate Ointment because the blisters were very itchy. The skin healed well without a scar! I now use the Mupirocin for minor cuts/wounds in place of Neosporin with good results.

Related Reading: allergy | mupirocin | clobetasol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

I was given teh generic of bactroban only yesterday and i have seen a mild improvement on the liesons on my breat. i've also used it on acne in that day and i have seen an improvement in that, also. it's unfortunate some of the people who wrote reviews and many others, i'm sure, had to pay such a high amount for the med. i managed to pay $10 for the generic. i'm hoping this will clear up the leisons on my skin! only time will tell.

Comment from: Gan WeiDi, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

Easily treats skin lacerations and open wound, keeping it disinfected all the time. Really a great medication. It has however some antibiotics properties, therefore care shall be exercise. Do consult a pharmacist or doctor for instruction.

Comment from: freebird, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 05

I'm a 35yr old female w/ cystic acne and this med. has been the best thing I've found. I've tried everything over the counter and none of it helped at all in fact some of it made it worse. This med is great, however it is very costly, w/ out Ins. it cost 144.00, after my Ins. it was still 50.00 but it's worth it!!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 22

My 8 yr old son had a surface infection on his arm pit. After applying this medicine I seen that it was working the next day.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 18

My father and I experience some kind of foot fungas. He said his Doctor said is was in our bodies and would never go away. However, this ointment within days makes my skin like that of a baby! Amazing results! Typically every two to three weeks I give myself a small treatment where needed. So either the fungas is not strong or the medicine is just great. I would defintely recommend it for that kind of use.

Comment from: dog walker, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 06

Had a sore that wouldn't clear with OTC triple antibiotic. Doctor prescribed and the sore cleared up in two weeks and hasn't returned. I'm keeping the remaining ointment for future use.

Comment from: dmko, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

i used this medecine to treat a sore on my lip and it worked well but i wound up with thrush in my mouth from it.

Related Reading: thrush

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

Other than having to apply so often I had no problem with it

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 26

I have used Bactroban Topical Ointment in the past for treating skin infections on my lower legs, caused by cellulitis and have been happy with the results. Now that I've been diagnosed with some form of pustulent skin condition, I'm using it again to help heal the ugly skin lesions and blisters. I'm very satisfied with the rate of improvement that I've seen in only a couple of days of use and would highly recommend this product.

Related Reading: cellulitis

Comment from: wibrowns, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

I first used this product to treat an open wound after surgery. I worked great!! I use oxygen and occassionally get raw skin on my nose or ears from the canula. This clears it up in just a few days. Wonderful product.

Comment from: amy, 35-44 Published: May 15

Bactriban is great - SilvaSorb Gel is better and more broad spectrum. You can purchase it online or at your local DME (durable medical equipment) store.

Comment from: capt. Ron, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

sores in nose were healed quickly, it says not to use but for me it worked thats whats important to me!

Comment from: (Patient) Published: November 18

Nightmare. Had road rash and knee scrapes from bike accident. They were healing but went to a clinic to make sure no infection. Was given mupirocin cream . Before they put it on had no pain on my burns or cuts. After they put it on extreme burning and it didn't go away. Called a few hours later to tell them. The cuts began oozing yellow green stuff where they previously were all dried up. The skin was burned and sore. I will never ever use this again. Will need to go back to family dr tomorrow to get a cream to put on to now heal the damage the mupirocin caused. Terrible experience.

Related Reading: rash | mupirocin cream | burns

Comment from: Palmer1994, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 25

The doctor did not culture the rash on my daughter's chin but simply prescribed Bactroban. She thought maybe it was Impetigo or some sort of bacterial rash. Well, after 7 days of use it was worse than when I was applying Caladryl on it. Today, I went back to the doctor and asked them to culture the rash. They did and also prescribed Augmentin to see if that might help. I hope the culture shows something at this juncture.

Related Reading: impetigo | augmentin

Comment from: mike85, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

As of last week I developed face/neck folliculitis on most of the areas that I shave. It's only been a day since I've been using this product and so I'm not sure if it actually works yet. It made me a bit itchy after initially applying it (less it more). Hopefully it will help this stubborn folliculitis go away because it's red, irritated and has a cluster of white pus-filled small pimples all over my lower jaw and sides of my neck.

Related Reading: folliculitis

QUESTION

Ringworm is caused by a fungus. See Answer
Comment from: Tacatcon, 0-2 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 29

My 23 month old daughter's dermatologist prescribed this to help clear up her "open" areas from her severe eczema. There has been no improvement and actually since yesterday I think her skin is worse.

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: bactroban, 65-74 Female Published: December 16

can you use this on shingles

Related Reading: shingles

Comment from: [email protected], 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

This cream was prescribed for me for what my doctor thought was MERSA. The culture tests showed it wasn't, but I wasn't told what it did show. I have been using it for six days & have seen NO improvement.

Comment from: annon1, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

Jock itch that persisted for 2 months wouldn't respond to any treatment from lamisil OTC cremes to ketaconazole Rx creme. Bactroban (mupirocin) had almost immediate effect within hours redness and swelling diminished. This is terrific stuff and with average insurance only cost 10.00. Great Rx and finally relief after so long of fighting discomfort! Recommend as a first line of defense for ithers searching for cures.

Related Reading: itch | lamisil | mupirocin

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I had an infection right in the corners of my lips. I could not open my mouth enough to eat because the skin would crack and release puss. It was extremely painful. After one day of using bactroban i noticed much relief. My only gripe is that I could not get generic- $45!!!

Comment from: jjx, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

Used this after getting infected mosquito bites on holiday. Absolutely excellent. Healed very quickly. Use as soon as bite occurs and they heal almost straight away. Can get abroad without perscription.