Beyaz

Comment from: Mariah, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 12

I'm really surprised to hear all of these negative reviews because I've had a really great experience with Beyaz. A few years ago, I was taking regular Yaz and I really liked it. After I lost my insurance I switched to a generic that was cheaper, Lo Ovral. On Lo Ovral, I got frequent headaches and gained about ten pounds. So as soon as I got my insurance back, I switched to Beyaz (Yaz now has a generic that my insurance will pay for but I wanted the real thing). Anyways, I love it. My periods are very regular and light and short, I have more energy, my skin is clear, and I rarely have headaches. With diet and exercise, I've already lost five pounds. The only con is that I kind of feel like my sex drive is lower than it used to be. This is my favorite birth control pill I have ever tried. People should keep in mind that a lot of people write reviews when they have a bad experience with something, so talking to your doctor about what is best for you is always a smart decision. I hope I helped!

Related Reading: beyaz | yaz | lo ovral

Comment from: amaddox, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 06

I have been taking Beyaz for about six months. I previously had been taking Nuva Ring for about 5 years which I loved. The reason I stopped Nuva Ring is because I got sick of having something "up there" all the time. Other than that, it was great. When I first began Beyaz, I could have sworn I was pregnant with all of the side effects I was having. Most of those side effects stopped, but I noticed a few months ago that I was growing light colored facial hair. It didn't seem like a big deal because it was really just a little fuzz, but today I noticed that it is getting longer and fuller. I also have had clear skin since I started birth control in high school and have began breaking out. I tend to have some cramping, back pain and urgency with urination and wonder if Beyaz is contributing to this as well. As far as preventing pregnancy, it has done it's job there, though sometimes I feel as emotional as a pregnant woman. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get something else because I can't deal with facial hair growth. I have not noticed weight gain.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: proBeyaz, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 28

I have taken many birth controls over the past few years. I began when I was 14 because I have Polysistic Ovarian Syndrome (excess hair, moody, acne.) After trying several types and brands of birth control and having little to no positive affect on my acne I found Beyaz. I have been on it for about 8 months and it has changed everything!!! My face is the best it has looked in 10 years and my excess hair is gone! I have found that my periods are less severe and I rarely have mood swings. It is also much easier to maintain my weight. Over the years I have varied 125-150 and I have been able to stay a healthy 132-135 for the past 8 months. I have nothing but great things to say about Beyaz. However I would encourage anyone to consult your OBGYN and find one that suits you best. Good Luck Ladies :)

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: em, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 22

I had a horrible experience taking Beyaz, I've been taking birth control for approximately 12 years and have never experienced anything like i did. After about 2 months on Beyaz I started having really weird dizzy spells, feeling nauseous, and over all not feeling well. I had no idea when these things started happening what was going on. I narrowed it down and finally realized it could be the pill, so I went to the doctor, and he read the list of possible side effects and told me to finish this cycle then we would switch. I took two more days of this pill and on that second day had a horrible dizzy spell and decided on my own not to take another pill. Two days later I could tell a HUGE difference. And slowly after being off of it for a month I am back to normal, thankfully.

Comment from: user1, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

recently switched to Beyaz from Tri-Nessa ( the generic of Ortho-Tricyclin) I usually think the side effects or the reviews are always the extreme cases, even if i do get some, it'd be temporary or in my mind. HOWEVER, with Beyaz, I have been feeling really OFF. I've been experiencing extreme gloomy/moodiness for no particular reason. libido level is negative, heartburn, dizziness, extreme trouble to focus. I thought I was going psycho until I've found reviews on this board and other sites. it is somewhat comforting to see people with similar side effect experiences, as an assurance that I am not going nuts. Also, I have been bleeding non-stop since this new pill. I dislike it!

Related Reading: heartburn | dizziness

Comment from: JennG, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

I have been taking Yaz for 7-8 months. I switched to Beyaz because Yaz went generic. While on Yaz I became extremely depressed. I've heard of that happening to other also. I take adderall also for ADD and that helps with the depression. I've been taking Beyaz for a week now and I'm experiencing extreme stomach pains and nausea. My period also hasn't stopped, mainly spotting. My stomach pains are severe. Not cramping, stabbing stomach pain and nausea. Yaz seemed great, no problems really, and it cleared up my face!! Loved it. Thought Beyaz would be the same, so far, I don't think so.

Related Reading: adderall | depression

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been taking BeYaz for six months and am very satisfied. The pill affected my mood in the beginning but as my body adjusted to the hormones, I no longer experienced changes in mood. I had an IUD (Mirena) for 7-8mos and gained 20lbs before having it removed. Since switching to BeYaz I have lost 15lbs. I have also experienced shorter lighter periods.

Related Reading: beyaz | mirena

Comment from: beckyk, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 11

I have been on beyaz for about 2 and a half months. Prior to this I had been on Yaz for SEVEN years, and had experienced nothing out of the ordinary. However, having switched to beyaz, I am now extremely depressed, easily angered, and very emotional. I thought it was maybe because of a recent breakup, but now I have a new boyfriend and I know I should be very happy. My sex drive is pretty much gone. I have gained about 8 lbs, and my stomach (which - even if my butt and thighs are bigger - has NEVER been anything but flat) looks like I am a couple months pregnant. I am over eating, but I can't stop myself. I am constantly bloated, and constantly peeing! I thought maybe the overeating could be attributed to the depression, but then I realized all of this started only a couple weeks after I switched from Yaz to Beyaz. I am grateful and happy to see all these reviews, and I truly hope mine helps out. It never crossed my mind that I could be feeling this awful because of my switching bc pills. BE WARNED - I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS PILL TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Related Reading: beyaz | yaz | depression

Comment from: rebeccak187, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 16

I am 23, and have been taking this pill for a little over a month, previously on Kariva, and I LOVE THIS PILL! I used to bleed constantly, now i only bleed when I am supposed too, my skin has cleared up, I haven't gained any weight, I think my boobs have gotten a little bigger.. I'd suggest it to anyone! I reacted very poorly in the past to Loestrin and also Orthotrycyclin-Lo, I am VERY please with this pill.

Related Reading: kariva

Comment from: SHELLYBELLE, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 16

I was on Beyaz for about 6 months, and the whole time was feeling so bad. Sweating more, heart palpitations, anxiety, nausea, daily headaches, severe fatigue, acid reflux/upset stomach, bloating, bad backaches, irregular periods, increased allergies, decreased labido, alcohol intolerance,moodines/depression, water retention in the legs and hands, foggy headed/low concentration, weight gain 8 lbs/increased appetite, joint pain, insomnia. The whole while thinking I had gall stones or an ulcer or who knows what, after spending $1,100 in my portion of medical expenses, was told I don't have an ulcer (great thanks!) Started feeling okay for a short time (a week), once starting a new pack the acid/stomach/back pain started up full force (light bulb went off) Stopped taking immediately, I finally feel good again. Now a month and a half off, still some residual issues, no period yet, sweating abnormally, water retention in my left leg. Appetite is back to normal, now need to work on taking off those lbs. I spent half the year feeling sick daily, and now stuck with medical bills, thanks Beyaz!

Related Reading: beyaz | palpitations | anxiety

Comment from: KSUFHKHDF, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 12

I have only been on the pill a few weeks and all the psychotic side effects have me freaking out!!! I haven't stopped spotting for two weeks, after a week of period, and it's ben a disgusting brown color causing me to question pregnancy! I had horrible dizziness and nausea. I had no idea what this drug would do to me, though I didn't even get a chance to choose. It has me stressed out and over emotional. Plain and simple: Beyaz SUCKS,

Related Reading: pregnancy | dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 27

I am starting my third pack and love this pill. I was taking yasmin, not yaz, and had very short (2-3 days) but extremely crampy periods. So far I have not had a period, just maybe one instance of spotting that lasted an hour or two the day before starting the new pack(& not prego!). No breakthrough bleeding, no mood swings or weight gain, and the same very minor occasional pimple. There are lots of horro stories, but it takes a while to find the right pill for yourself. I have tried like 6!

Related Reading: yasmin | yaz

Choosing Your Birth Control Method See Slideshow
Comment from: Happyagain, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

I was taking Sprintec which was the generic brand of orthocyclene or something like that. It was horrible, the second week everyone was already noticing that my depression was getting worse and I was constantly in a bad mood and not my happy joyous self. I switched to this and I finally feel like myself and am happy again. I havent had any spotting, my face has stayed pretty clear and in all I just foind this product to be the best yet!

Related Reading: sprintec | depression

Comment from: blcbus2162, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

I had to switch to Beyaz when Bayer changed their discount program to include only Beyaz rather than Yaz. I wasn't using my medical benefits to cover this, so I wanted the name-brand that was most affordable. My doctor told me that Beyaz was the exact same thing as Yaz, but just added a folate vitamin in the form of some type of calcium I guess. Since I had a great experience with Yaz, I was expecting a seamless transition to Beyaz. That was NOT the case. Beyaz is the most awful pill I've ever been on besides Ortho-Novum 7/7/7. My emotions were so out of whack, I was super sensitive, constant nausea (esp in the morning which was easily confused with morning sickness), and headaches. I absolutely did not feel like myself. I wanted to stop Beyaz after the first 1.5 weeks, but my doctor told me that stopping mid-pack like that is even worse for your body. I continued to put up with all this for another 2.5 weeks. Awful. My parents, best friends, and boyfriend had to listen to me complain of stomachache, headache, being constantly tired, etc. Never again. I'm on NuvaRing now, and my body is slowly adjusting back. If you are a woman that is sensitive to medications or changes in hormones, DO NOT take Beyaz. Or if you can't take calcium supplements without getting kind of sick to your stomach, DO NOT take Beyaz. This was a horrible pill, and had Bayer not taken Yaz out of it's discount program, they'd still have my business. I really would encourage any woman to stay away from Beyaz. It's worth paying more money to stay on Yaz if you can.

Related Reading: beyaz | yaz | ortho-novum

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

I have had nothing but a bad experience with Beyaz. I am not one to ever experience side effects with medicine, or to ever be emotianally affected by my periods. So, the past few months have been very interesting. I've been on Beyaz for 4 months and have ever since experienced extreme mood swings, gloominess, increased appetite like you wouldn't believe, and absolutely no sex drive. Also it is pretty expensive for a pill. I would not reccomend this for anyone.

Comment from: lalalu, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 13

I have been taking Beyaz for almost 7 months now and feel that it is doing exactly what it is supposed. I am not pregnant. As for mood swings and other side effects, yes there are some. I noticed when I first started taking it they were considerably worse, mostly the mood swings and feeling emotional. After sticking it out and not switching after 2 months like most people decide to do I am very pleased with it. I would recommend this BC to pill, I was on orthro tri cyclen lo before it and hated that!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 27

I initally started this pill for birth control but soon realized that my bad acne started clearing up immediately. So now I look at it more as a acne control medicine. It's done wonder for my skin!

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Jbl88, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 08

I have been on Beyaz for about 9 months now and I am very satisfied. This is my third kind of BC. It has helped my skin so much. I was the type that would break out during my period and now this never really happens. I have actually lost a little weight and have not experienced any nausea. I take my pill at night so that I am not hungrier during the day. I would recommend Beyaz

Comment from: CountryGirl127, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 08

I was on Lybrel and it just got too expensive so my NP prescribed me Beyaz and so far I am ecstatic with the results. I have had no side effects so far and I think I actually might be losing weight! I asked my doctor what the difference between Beyaz and Yaz was, and she told me that Beyaz is exactly the same as Yaz just with folate and a B vitamin. I have not been moody, like I have been with other birth control pills, not headaches and no nausea. I was so skeptical at first, but now I am so happy I made the switch!!!

Related Reading: lybrel

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

I have a history of unregular cycles: basically I have a period every 2 weeks. After several years on depo provera my Dr and I decided to try Beyaz. I started my 2nd pack today, and have spotted for a week and then a heavy period. I have begun experiencing bad headaches as well as feelings of depression, and horrible sleep patterns. I'm unhappy with this product so far, and appreciate others having shared theirs as well.

Related Reading: provera | beyaz | depression

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 13

Started taking this BC mainly to clear up my skin as I'd been having terrible break-outs. I was initially extremely nervous as every other pill I've tried has had terrible side effects. This one cleared up my skin, hasn't made my hair fall out, and hasn't turned me into a total psycho. I know firsthand how terrible "the pill" can be, and understand the negative reviews, but each person's body really is different. Unfortunately the only way to know is to give it a try.

Comment from: Mariah1234, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 15

I HATE beyaz. Absolutely hate it! I was originally on yaz but bayer switched the savings card over to beyaz because it was the "new" thing. My doctor told me there was no difference between beyaz & yaz except that beyaz has folate in it. YEAH OKAY! what a lie! The first month on beyaz I had my very first panic attack. Never in my life did I have a panic attack. I called my doctor & she told me that I was "going through changes" & that beyaz "treats" depression & anxiety. So I started to believe I was physco & I was causing my anxiety. I have been on beyaz for close to a year & I have experienced anxiety, depression, panic attacks, severe mood swings, breast are ALWAYS sore, & dark thoughts, I even thought about suicide! I expierenced shortness of breath, dizzy spells, the works! This month I purchased YAZ for $80 but my boyfriend helped by paying half :) But 80 bucks for my sanity is well worth it. I would never take beyaz again! And I think it's horrible.

Related Reading: beyaz | yaz | anxiety

Comment from: [email protected], 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 21

i have liked this product expect it has completely stopped my period.. for some that's a good thing but i do like that factor. It's not a good thing to not have a period at all.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I work at an OB-GYN office and I can sample whatever I want, which makes me somewhat of a birth control connoisseur. I *love* Beyaz. I've been on it for over a year now, and I haven't had a period since I started taking it. Also, I haven't experienced any of the moodiness, headaches, or breast tenderness that other pills have given me. My cycle doesn't even cross my mind.

Comment from: vbgirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 10

I have taken a number of different birth control pills, my favorite being Yaz. I started on Beyaz because it is cheaper than Yaz with no insurance. So far, I've experienced no side effects whatsoever from taking it. I haven't been on any pill in over a year and was worried that starting back would make my hormones wack. But I'm halfway through my second pack and all is well. No babies, no side effects, no nothing. I'm happy on Beyaz and really can't say it's any better or worse than Yaz.

Related Reading: yaz