Bicillin L-A Inj / Tubex

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 05

I will never do this again. Went to the ER have me the shot in my lower back two days ago. Still in so much pain. Hurts to walk. Yesterday felt like I got ran over by a truck. Still today very painful to walk. I will never ever get this again...

Comment from: pmg45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 12

My 20 year old son was recently diagnosed with Rheumatic Fever - it took 4 weeks, including two week long hospital visits and a team of specialists to get a final diagnosis. Treatment plan - Bicillin LA shot every 4 weeks for a minimum of 5 years. He says the shot is very painful - but not nearly as painful as the symptoms he experienced over 4+ weeks. He is symptom free after his 2nd shot...

Comment from: Ole35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 15

Received one (quite painful) shot at 1pm for exposure to syphillis, a few hours later was running a fever and feeling flu-like symptoms and told a friend to check on me before going to bed at 5:30pm. Woke up in ER at 1am covered in bags of ice for having a fever of 105 and nonresponsive. Jarisch-herxheimer reaction almost killed me and spent roughly 36 hours in hospital inder observation.

Comment from: 55-64 Published: December 16

this was prescribed and injected at the ER. yes, it hurts to have it injected into the buttock but the medicine WORKS and works quickly. My son was feeling MUCH better the next day. My only complaint is that it's expensive! Horribly so! Perhaps it's because it's an awesome antibiotic or maybe it was because it was given at the ER either way the cost could make it prohibitive even WITH insurance. C'mon people over $400 for ONE INJECTION?

Comment from: BigDaddyG3-6on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

Daughter had Strep that was missed 1st week to Doctor with sore throat and vomitting. This week they tested for it. 6 year old daughter got injection because she doesnt like taking meds. Today she is so sore from the shot she can't move her leg without screaming. BUT her sore throat and vomiting are both gone. Hopefully she can walk tomorrow to be able to goto school cause she has missed 5 days already.

Comment from: Syphillis19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 04

One shot of this med and I was cleared in 2-3 weeks of visual signs on my body and lowered my blood levels to almost non existant. Takes time to build up and work with the immune system.

Comment from: urkel45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 29

The injection hurts like hell and leaves you with a lump of something squishy in your butt for several days. Not my favorite way to get poked.

Comment from: heidi35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 04

My throat hurts all the time and my mouth tastes like lye soap. Yuk!!!!

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

Very painful injection, it better work.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 29

Worst experience with strep throat ever Bicillin didn't help. Husband was treated a day later with standard pen-V (oral) and he got better within 24 hours. I am still sick and going back to demand Pen-V to properly treat my strep.

Comment from: Meagan25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 17

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and my RPR test came back positive.I started treatment immediatley with bicillin.It's a very painful injection.I am now done with the coarse.I need to go back for my results.