Caduet

Comment from: jwilharm, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 24

This combination of Norvasc and Lipitor did a good job of controling my blood pressure..but I found that it caused me to be "achy" and tired. I had two other people who were taking caduet report the same effects.....I asked my doctor to replace the caduet with regular Norvasc, which he did....and the "achy" joints and tired feeling disappeared.

Related Reading: norvasc | lipitor | caduet

Comment from: NormaMeagher, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 22

I feel sick all the time. I sleep all the time, have bowel problems, depression, weight gain, you name it, I have it!

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

This drug very quickly lowered my BP and reduced my cholesterol. I was very happily surprised and have zero side effects.

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: smgarry, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 13

While the medication was very effective for controlling my HBP and my cholesteril, it cause marked swelling of my lower extremities.

Comment from: BOSS29356, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 06

BEEN ON FOR OVER A YEAR AM 34 YRS OLD AND HAVE HAD LEG AND ANKLE PAIN FOR THE LAST 9 MONTHS

Related Reading: ankle pain

Comment from: Deb749, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

This medication works well and quickly.It also controls my BP just as well.

Comment from: jap, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 22

I am extremely tired most of the time. I just want to sleep.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 12

After trying various types of medicine, this one works for me. My average BP was 160/100, now it is 130/70. Side effects are dizzyness, but minimal. I have been on this medicine for about a month.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 01

I have been taking Caduet since Jan. 08. Feeling much better. My joints do not hurt yet. I do not feel tired. My only side effect is that I urinate alot more during the day and night. I'm not sure why.

Related Reading: caduet

Comment from: Ron, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 21

Horrible!! Severe joint and muscle pain. Couldn't sleep due to pain.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

Uncontrolled HBP (avg. 200/115) for years, tried everything, cut salt out, lost weight, exercised, Ramipril, Coreg, Clonidine, Diovan, overlapped multiple meds, nothing worked. Went for MRI to rule out blockage or blood to kidneys or adrenal gland problems‚Ķnothing. I was taking Lipitor anyway, so doctor said let’s try Caduet , honestly, 1 day, and BP was down to avg. 123/77, I had to stop taking some of the other meds because it was getting too low! This is a miracle drug for me. Everybody is different, and the causes are different, just so glad we finally found the one that works for me.

Related Reading: ramipril | coreg | clonidine

Comment from: quackerwacker, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

BLOOD PRESSURE TO NORMAL/SAFE LEVEL IN 4 WEEKS. CHOLESTEROL IN 6 WEEKS WENT FROM 246 DOWN TO 149!! NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL 11

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

Lowered my BP and Chlorestoral, no joint pain, but I do urinate 3 times as much during the day, and now wake up in the middle of night to go. Small price to pay for the benefits.

Comment from: pj, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I have not had any negative effects from this medication. I like it much better than taking 2 different meds for High BP & High Cholesterol.

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: Laurie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 17

This drug was not a good match for me. It caused constant heartburn, extreme dizziness, and a very foggy brain. From my research, the loss of being able to think is from the Lipitor.

Related Reading: heartburn | dizziness | lipitor

Comment from: BpupinLV, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

yes easy to use swallow pill done. Problem - calves and ankles became very painfull - increased in measurement by at least 1.5 inches and right calf by 2 inches. Depression, burning, pain in joints, lethargic and apathetic. Only took for one week.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: chefdkm, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 04

Severe swelling in the lower extremetries, pain in my joints, very sore feet, always wanting to sleep, and urinating more. Don't recommend.

Comment from: ryzall, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 20

i am taking this drug since may-2009. my diastolic went to normal but not my systolic.during day time/working still high as 130-145 average.no ache yet but realizing a bit of sleepiness.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 27

Pain in lower areas. Feet mainly!!

forgot to add that BP was actually going up, pulse in the 100's by end of week. horrible med be careful

Comment from: none, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 05

Problems urinating 4-5 times at night,feeling sick in the morning and it takes me several hours to get balance back before I can start the day.Been check out and was told by two doctors there is'nt any thing wrong but just aging. Have had bladder back up and cysts developed in scrotum.Blood pressure now spikes at differ times and have developed more anxiety.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: rum, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 04

I've been taking this med for a year now, cholesterol numbers were lowered by 100 pts, my BP were 140/80. I had no problems until a month ago, started having severe leg (muscle) pains, unable to sleep or walk at times. Dr. got me another type of meds and the pain has pretty much disappeared. If I didn't encounter the leg pains, I would have been satisfied with caduet.

Related Reading: cholesterol | caduet

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: Fritzer, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

Hip & leg pain when walking.

Comment from: RAVEN, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 06

THE ONLY SIDE I EFFECT I HAVE IS URINATING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Comment from: Roger, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

use to have some mornings on getting up from the bed, foggy feelings in the head and some pressure on the neck with blurring of the eyes, have used this medication about 2 weeks and most of the symptoms have gone

From WebMD Logo