Campral

Comment from: CaliJohn45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 04

I have been sober off and on for 15 months. I had six months straight of sobriety with no cravings at all. I started to drink again because I was bored and wanted to try it. It was a mistake I had to do and learn from. This lead me back to where I was, a daily drinker... alcoholic. I was on campral during those six months and had zero cravings... and zero side-effects. That said, I never did take the recommended dose. Instead of 3 times a day, I took it 2 times a day. Seemed to work. I did notice that when I did drink at the end of those 6 months, I felt the effects of alcohol, but not the euphoric high. I believe that was due to the campral. When I stopped taking it and drank, I did feel the euphoric effects. I'm back on campral today, and heavily into AA (thankfully!) I recommend Campral to those who struggle with Alcohol.

Comment from: JB25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 07

I had been a heavy drinker for 10 years. Because I recently developed a heart condition, I made the decision to end drinking. At first I tried disulfiram(antibuse) mainly thanks to the harsher side effects. I had to end that treatment due to a sulfur allergy. Campral 333 was my backup. Honestly, this treatment hasn't stop my alcohol cravings but I feel that it has softened the physiological effects. Though I still crave alcohol from time to time, after only 45 days of treatment, I feel no withdrawal symptoms. Although the cravings are still there, the frequency and intensity shrink more and more each day. It's become quite easy to say no to drinking.

Related Reading: allergy | campral

Comment from: Jellybean 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 09

I took Campral 3 x daily as prescribed and was sober for over a year. Silly me thought that I’d won so didn’t need Campral. Now I am having to start all over again I didn’t realise that is of great benefit to stay on Campral for 1-2 years. Lesson learned.

Related Reading: campral

Comment from: Sparkhopper65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 20

50 years alcohol and 20 years of some cocaine with alcohol. Don't use pills, pot, or any downers. Dislike most all psychotropics tried. Campral seems to be working and with minimal side-effects. Hope that it is so long term.

Related Reading: cocaine | campral

Comment from: Esprit55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 07

Campral has not been effective in the least for me. Unfortunately I can't see a doctor to try something else since I can't afford it.

Related Reading: campral

Comment from: CL7045-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 12

Has not reduced cravings any.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 19

It worked for a week then the cravings came back with a vengence

Comment from: KyleB45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 08

After quitting drinking daily and starting Campral after detoxing, I am on day 53 and can't think about sex or even begin to get an erection. My memory is terrible, and I have trouble picturing many things in my mind. It has eliminated my sex drive, and I am very depressed. Everything I am experiencing I read about online tonight when deciding I've had enough of this impotence. I am usually very sexually active with my wife, and this is miserable. I'm not sure that Campral is causing these symptoms, but my mood and sex drive have gotten worse since quitting drinking, not better. I am quitting Campral tonight and will review what happens. Enough is enough of this miserable headspace.