Cardizem

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

Been on this drug for a couple of months, but have a question for those out there.. I'm on it for PAF...I have noticed that when i am compliant with the drug, i am starting to get very bad leg cramps and now i'm experiencing pain in neck and shoulders. Anyone else experiencing these???? Some days i have to lift my head off the pillow to support my neck and shoulders!!!! Help!!

Comment from: Amk79, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

My doctor has me on cardizem and Rythmol for Atrial Fib. It has worked well but the side effects from the cardizem is awful. I have leg swelling and my legs feel heavy. Have a lot of joint and muscle pain. I am going to talk to my doctor to change the med. Too much pain.

Related Reading: cardizem | rythmol

Comment from: chappy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

a few weeks ago I had a attack of atrial fib.. and spent the night in the hospital.my pulse was at 175 beats per minute and my b/p was high and the doctors had given me lopressor but didnt work and then gave me this med and it brought it down, so I was sent home with this med and the only side effect I have had was some heartburn during the day and then some weakness but went away after about a week. as for the lady that cant pick up her head and having a hard time.. contact your doctor.. it may be more than the med. I take it at night.. also are you taking it with other meds. sometimes interactions happen.. try taking it at night without any other meds or at least wait 1 hour before taking other meds. so far the med seems to be working for me. there will be some side effects but usually go away after a few weeks. but after that if you are still having problems contact your doctor just dont stop taking the med. also it might be the wrong dose. I am taking 120mg once a day. try taking it at bedtime. that way the side effects wont bother you as much. if your blood pressure drops to low, you may experience weird feelings too. cause this med does bring down your b/p. just some helpful hints.

Related Reading: lopressor | heartburn

Comment from: jclarrow, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

194 heart rate now it is normsl

Comment from: tjflygirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

I am a female and considered young with Atrial Fib. I am having good results with this drug and no weird side effects.

Comment from: djwm1956, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

This med has done 2 things for me lowered my blood presure and stopped my rapid heart beat.

Comment from: Getting Better, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 24

This medicine made me check into the ER due to dropping my heart rate too low. I had very bad bout with weakness, feeling faint, lighthead ness , nausea, off balance, vertigo for the off balance, shortness of breath and so on. Remember that only God knows all and if you are having an issue with your medicine alert to Dr to get it changed

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 08

This is the only drug (cardizem cd) that lowered my BP, heart rate,and my lifetime pain from migraine headaches. It was not prescribed for my migraines. My migraines did stop however when I began taking cardizem cd for my BP and heart rate. When the migraines (had them even as a child), it was like God had finally reach out and touched me! The migraines had been horrible.I've beenon the drug for some time now.

Related Reading: cardizem cd

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 14

i take Cardizem for irregular heart it has helped that but my legs hurt very badly and i want to know if Cardizem could cause that.

Related Reading: cardizem

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 01

I'm on this for atrial fib and high blood pressure. It seems to be working pretty good. No really bad side effects.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 29

I have Tachycardia high blood preasure and fast racing heart rate 160 beats a minute it has slowed my heart rate but doc is not happy she was on cardizem plus Atenolol I am dizzy lightheaded feel heavy in legs

Related Reading: cardizem | atenolol

Comment from: Stella 55, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 16

My blood pressure was running high, since taking cardizem cd it is now controlled

Related Reading: cardizem cd

Comment from: DHart, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

Since I have been on Cardizem I am continually fighting bladder infections & the burning associated with a baldder infection. Has anyone experienced this? My Dr doesn't think my problem & the medicine are linked. I stopped taking it for a week and my problem went away. It slowed my heart rate but did nothing for my BP

Related Reading: cardizem

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 05

I have WPW it seems to be working.

Comment from: crazygirl1025, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 25

Extreme tiredness, itching leaving sores, very weird dreams, extreme sweating

Comment from: lemdeb, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 06

had strange dreams, terrible night time leg and foot cramps and swelling of feet and ankles..Dr. changed my meds today and put me on something else. Had no idea these side effects were reelated at all to this drug until today.Tired all the time also.

Comment from: mz, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

it's a pain to take four times a day,when you have to wake up early in the morning and try to take it half asleep.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 15

drymouth headaches

Comment from: L.H., 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 01

I take 120 mg at bedtime each day to treat high blood pressure, which is now under control. The reason I take it at bed-time is that I feel faint after I take is. In the mornings, I am light-headed and feel faint until about noon. It is way better than the Ace Inhibitors and the Valsartan I was taking previously, so for now I can put up with the lightheadedness.

Related Reading: ace inhibitors | valsartan

Comment from: eddiott, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

feet 3 x normal size, bruising everywhere on my body, abnormal rash on my penis causing bleeding, being heart transplant patient one would think doctors would look at interactions a bit more closely, asahme medical care has gotten this bad

Related Reading: rash

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 18

On Xmas Day 8.5 yrs ago I went into A-Fib. Was hospitalized for 10 days .Had to useDefibulator to get me back to normal rythm.. Wore a Holt Monitor a few times so they could monitor my heart rate & to see if I would have other episodes.. Been on this Medication for over 10 yrs+ it has been a lifesaver.. I highly reccomend it ..

Comment from: Shore, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

MY doctor prescribed this med after neck surgery. I was having difficulty swallowing my 300mg capsules (CD). Due to post-op swelling, I crushed these pills in ice cream to take them. The CD cannot be crushed. Took until swelling went down, then went back on cardizem CD 300mg daily. This pill saved me when I could not swallow.

Related Reading: cardizem cd

Comment from: HANK, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

I HAVE BEEN TAKING CARDIZEM FOR 3 MONTHS AND HAVE HAD SATISFACTORY RESULTS. PURPOSE FOR MEDICATION IS ATRIAL FIBRILATION.

Related Reading: cardizem

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 10

caused coughing

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 14

Lowered my B/P quickly but body aches and leg cramps remain a problem.

From WebMD Logo