Cardura

Comment from: Gaudium65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 06

Doctors tried many drugs to lower by BP without success. I was placed on a 2 mg dose of Cardura. After my first dose of Cardura my pressure dropped from 190/94 to 116/60. I was weak and tired for about a week then life returned to normal. The Daily 2 mg dose of Cardura maintained my BP for almost two years, pressure increased to 180/88 and again doctors attempted to lower it with many other drugs without success. My Cardura was increased to 4 mg each day and my pressure lowered to 136/76. I have some of the side effects listed by others including edema of the lower legs but would rather have the side effects than be deceased. Just a note to the record I am also taking a combination of drugs for the control of my blood pressure this combination fails the minute Cardura is withdrawn.

Comment from: nurselady75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 06

I have so many side effects from BP meds. This seemed almost a last resort. I have taken it for about six weeks and had to get off it. I became extremely tired and lethargic. At times felt slightly unbalanced. My mouth was extremely dry and was swelling to the point that it was hard to talk. When I contacted the doctor he said to stop it immediately. We are now on the search for something else to take.

Comment from: teardrop65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 19

This is the first time in 9 years that I have found a blood pressure medication that actually has reduced my blood pressure. I have spent years with a blood pressure most often over 200. A 1mg pill once a day of Cardoza does it. I am so delighted. There are a few side affects as those listed for this medication but nothing compared to other drugs and combination of drugs I have been on. Gone are the palpitations, swollen ankles, fluttering heart beat, a dry mouth, and other side effects all of which were bothering me a lot.

Comment from: Gaudium65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 27

Watch out during your first dose, my pressure dropped from 188/110 to 90/60 in 20 minutes. This was not a problem in later doses.

Comment from: EMERSON2D55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 21

I have been on 4 other HBP medications prior to the Cardura. Not working to lower, so doc added Cardura. This is probably the worst med I've been put on----- Side effects are horrendous, ie. Extreme dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and extreme lethargy and overall bad feeling. And no lowering of HBP.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: June 06

I have been on 4mg of Cardura for over 10 years. I stopped and my BP elevated but returned to normal after startin again. I was told that this medication in addition to controlling my BP was to help in limiting the number of times I need to urinate in the evening.

Comment from: pcpleathercraft65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 17

with Cardura i can pee----without it i can't

Comment from: brokenold4855-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

My BP was going up on Cozaar and HCTZ after three years so this was added at 1mg. So far my BP is in check and I am urinating better too. No side effects noticed so far after one month.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 07

since my cardura was increased from 4mgs i have been having swollen feet had anyone else?

Comment from: tjoan3345-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 04

My symptoms when I started were headachs, insomnia,and incresed droseness This inproved when taken during the day.

Comment from: Richard55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 23

Comment from: eleazer75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 02

cardura is a dangerous drug for me. dr. wants to lower edema in ankles and lower blood pressure. in fact it has lowered edema, but created new pain in groin and testes; last night my blood pressure went to 199, with 4 mg dose in am and 4mg dose in pm.

Comment from: Big D65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 22

It has been very effective for me for over 10 years, but now I have a low heart rate of 46-48 and my cardiologist took me off of it. I am 66 years old.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: June 24

my blood pressure is better regulated, but I hava swollen ankles

Comment from: beanlover2245-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 10

I was taking terazosin for my BP:H, but my doctor switched me over to cardura and boy that was a godsend! I only take it at night once daily (because it drops your blood pressure quickly) and I wake up feeling fine! I used to have to get up 5-6 times per night with the terazosin, but I'm going to stick with Cardura for a very long time!

Comment from: joyce55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 26

I have been taking this med for several weeks and I now have a burning sensation in my mouth and throughout my body. Can this be from the Cardura?

Comment from: newmiccat55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 03

Medication appears to do nothing even in combination with other BP meds.

Comment from: gav25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 11

this little white pill gave me the most terrible side effects. stomach pain/gas, chest cramp and wheezing lungs.

Comment from: dartonman35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 03

I have real issues with this med, it does not last as long as it should, and my hbp is still not under control...Im not a fan of this med, and will be consulting doctor for other choices

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 21

Comment from: Cardura75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 26

I have tried many different drugs for H.B.P. at last I have found the right one.

Comment from: clara55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 25

very swollen ankles but did not know it was the this medication that caused it.

Comment from: gemdr45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 23

I Feel more dizzy than before. I also have blurred vision. anyone else have this? 4mg.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 28

Terrible medication for me-increased blood pressure, shortness of breath, dry mouth, headache-several more. Not good.

Comment from: pete75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 07

Swelling in legs and feet

Comment from: deano45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 25

Taking for both HBP and prostate. After only 1 month it has affected my sexual desire, ability to maintain an erection, caused a dry mouth, sleepiness, fatigue, and heart palpitations. After about 2 weeks, I have also developed a persistent dry cough.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 26

Comment from: Ben35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 29

Iâ??m 34 years old and was recently diagnosed with a high blood pressure that i was told was almost 10years okd from the tightness of my heart. I was put on 50mg Cozaar (morning and night), Lopin and Cardura. I was quick to having side effects so through an elimination process my doctor spotted the cause and it was Cardura. I had extreme dry mouth which led to oral thrusts, lower abdomenal pain and i always jumped out of bed most night due to fast heart beats. I have made a switch to an alternative medication and things are settling down. I suppose cardura isnt really for me.

Comment from: KenZolr55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 12

I had been taking Tamulosin which is purported to be the "gold standard" for BPH. After a few years of tiredness and fatigue, and it's now ineffectiveness, I tried 4 mg. Cardura. SUPER results in urinary flow with lots of side effects. I stopped and switched to alfuzosin with better results than Flomax. However, I'm gonna adjust the Cardura dose to 1 mg to see if it's tolerable as it's terrific for bladder emptying (I had a bladder stone).

Comment from: [email protected] or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 11

I started having hot flushes=4 per day. now have gone up to every 2 hours. blurred vision.

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: dale65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 16

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 10

I have been taking candesartan for 2 years, but my blood pressure has recently risen. I was prescribed 1mg doxazosin to use with the candesartan. I suffer from epilepsy which is controlled. I took one tablet only and had a seizure that same evening. I read all the drug information in the leaflet and searched the internet before taking doxazosin, but no mention was made regarding epilepsy. I have spoken to my usual pharmacist and understand that this will be reported.

Comment from: noscreenname55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 02

Did not notice advertised dizziness, etc. Ramped at 1MG to 2MG to 4MG. 2MG seemed OK short term, 4MG had issues. 4MG completely negated and reversed Androgel treatment for low testosterone, also getting up 2-3 times during the night to urinate. Backed off to 2MG per Dr. At 2MG long term noticed I wake up with "long lasting" hard erection. I also usually sleep through the night w/2MG. All dosages, noticed drowsy-groggy when waking up, slow to wake. Will consult Dr and probably stop treatment. Possibly back to Flomax.

Comment from: bph65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 17

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 20

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 14

Comment from: [email protected] or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 11

The drug has helped my prostate when used with Avodart and Bethanechol.

Comment from: Sharon55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 27

Comment from: justfeathers75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 14

I am not sure that it was this drug that has caused his problem's today, but I am not giving him this drug tomorrow until I consult with his doctor. Within an hour after taking his first pill he became sweaty, confused, pale, low BP, labored resporations and low pulse. He has other conditions that could contribute to this, such as diabetes, but his blood surgar was 121, so that was ruled out as a contributing factor. These symptoms has continued throughout the day in a lesser degree. Putting into mind his medical condition, and the fact that the only new medication he has taken in this drug, I feel confident in questioning this drug until I speek to his Primary Care, and his Cardiologist, before continuing treatment.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 12

Comment from: vair 1365-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 16

will have seed surgery for prostate cancer this week so far so good dry mouth, dizzyness at times seems to calm me [lower BP ?]

Comment from: Bobcat65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 16

Found myself having anxiety attacks,have to lie on my back,and take deep breaths,and they would go away.Been taking Cardura for over a year,and just started having these attacks recently.

Comment from: boltsfan6535-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 25

Comment from: Nachtjager55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 10

I was on Flomax for BPH for several years, it completely killed my libido and ability, caused severe ED. Doctor switched me to Cardura. Initially 1 MG, which seemingly did nothing and I had trouble peeing. Upped dosage to 2 MG at bedtime and 1 MG at noon. Peeing is better, still not as good as it was with Flomax, and, after having been on it for about two months, I'm right back where I started - it's killed my libido and is causing serious ED. Not sure I will continue this drug, have had chronic prostatitis and BPH since age 46, am 55 now, this doesn't seem to be "the" drug to fix my problem.

Comment from: PAPERBKWRITER65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 09

It's been years since I used Cardura but with little knowledge at the time I was prescribed for BPH. I couldn't understand why I got dizzy every time I bent down but now realize my BP was extremely low. My doctor, then, ignored my concerns.

Comment from: Edwyn65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 28

Take Cardura 4mg for 15yrs for BPH, seemed to work OK. After heart attack they upped my dosage to twice a day. BP all over the place, up, down all over. Found that HCTZ if taken at the right time of day (for me 7am) lowered my BP nicely BUT If I take it at the right time of day I can sleep 8-9 hours with uninterrupted bathroom trips. Did most of my urinating during the day. HCTZ was wonderful. First time in 20 yrs slept all night. Now the bad news, it interfered with my other meds so badly I had to stop it. My arthritis meds did not work with HCTZ. All though I was sleeping all night I was in pain from the Arthrutec not working on my arthritis. Then Lopressor. All over the place with the dosage and still no even BP. Calan, dropped my BP to 90/60 with a half dose for 10 days. The only thing I have found for sure is that getting the right BP meds is not so easy. Thank goodness for nitro. Six months now still looking for the right meds.

Comment from: Ray J75 or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 26

I was treated for prostate cancer in 1996. After treatment I experienced urination frequency and voiding problems. I have been on 4 to 8 milligrams of Cardura per day ever since. I have not noticed any severe side effects, but am more tired than I think I should be.

Comment from: Ferris12355-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 18

I am taking this for migraines am female, and after two days I have not had a migraine even with some specific triggers. I hope this keeps the migraines away forever. So far no side effects & I don't have to worry about a prostate.

Comment from: 3-6on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 17

My son started taking this medication about two weeks ago for a bladder issue. He use to wet through his diaper, pjs, and sheets everynight and now that he has been on this medication he has been dry in the morning for about 10 days. we are even looking forward to potty trainng now that he can controll his bladder a bit better.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 14

I was put on this medication for my kidneys by my urologist. Ive suffered from kidney stones for over 8 yrs. I believe he thought that it would be this miracle drug for me. it was hard to adjust to and had raceing heard and nausea for 9 days into takeing it. nearly three weeks in and my head was still spinning and horrible headaches. want to give a fair shot but have now started with swelling in my ankles and it doesnt nothing for it. stil have dizzy spells alot of the time. seriously want to get off of it.

Comment from: Teritha45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 03

I have been taking this drug for 9 months. It has been very effective for my diagnosis. However, I now have a severe rash covering 80% of my body. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment from: flyingfish18255-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 30

Prescribed Cardura 10 years ago, post brachytherapy. Medication works well to ease urination. Any time I have gone off it, symptoms of weak, intermittent urine stream and not empty bladder sensation returns.

Comment from: ekyhill75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 01

Comment from: lucy35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 17

my husband started this 3 months ago for urinary urgency. no enlarged prostate or high BP. since then, he has become a different person. extremely depressed. hopeless, a complete change in personality. he has a horrible temper and seems as if he is someone completely different in all aspects of his personality. he also takes this medication with massive amounts of supplements. has ANYONE else had this reaction. i am desperate for an answer.

Comment from: ELMO45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: July 07