Casodex

Comment from: StevieT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have been taking Casodex 150mg. on and off for 2 years. My PSA drops below l and then goes back up when I stop taking it. The side affects are not good, but tolerable. I have hot flashes, loss of hair under my arms and on my legs, decreased sex drive and a slight loss of energy. I am still able to work out the Fitness Center, swim and play golf.

Related Reading: casodex | fitness

Comment from: StevieT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

After taking 150mg per day for six months, it lowered my PSA from 7 to below l. It gave me hot flashes and tenderness in the breast area.

Comment from: hwlaf, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I have been on Lupron every 4 months and casedex every now and then. Casedex takes my psa down to .07 from 255. When I am off, it increases, then I take it and it decreases. I don't know how long this can go on before one becomes immune to it. Side effects are worth it. Mostly breast enlargement and some itching, but lotion works.

Related Reading: lupron

Comment from: jdudley58, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 12

Lowered my PSA from 23 to 0.43. Been on for about 10 weeks. Makes me tired no energy for work. Wake up 3-4 times a night. Urine output has double. Drug is doing it's job.

Comment from: poppa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 13

Been on this drug for 9 months along with hormone injections every 3 months and the drug avodart also. A three sided attack. Previously had hormone and radiation for 9weeks, cancer spread after that. Psa was up to 17 in a few months. Since taking casodex along with the other treatments PSA has gone immediatly to under 1. Very tired all the time, gained weight and freq urination but my numbers are down. It's better than the alternative.

Related Reading: avodart | casodex

Comment from: Sam, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 28

I had no serious side effects.Coincidently, or not, I required major periodontal surgery during my treatment period, due to significant bone loss. A previous reviewer had mentioned "loss of teeth" as possible side effect.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 17

Does what it says on the box. The main side effect is severe fatigue, I'm often so tired I can hardly move. Having said that, it's very effective, and certainly better than the alternative.

Comment from: lovemydad, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 29

My father is 89 & has multiple serious medical conditions. He has been on 50 mg daily of Casodex, plus a Lupron injection once every 4 months. His numbers are fantastic. But my mom & dad are going broke from the treatment. And my father is all of a sudden losing his teeth. Another fortune. We don't know if it has anything to do with the treatment. Has anyone experienced tooth loss?

Comment from: rabbit, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

I have been taking this medication for approximately 6 months along with zoladex shots every 3 months. The side effects are the killer. I have no energy and get extremely weak at times along with hot flashes all the time.

Related Reading: zoladex

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 29

hot flashes, loss of energy, weight gain, lowered my PSA to less than one

Comment from: StevieT, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

The treatment has worked in lowering my PSA, but I have developed breast tenderness and enlargement.

Comment from: Beehive Bud, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 05

I have been on this medication for 18 months following orchiectomy. PSA still climbing, but slowed to some extent. Experiencing fatigue, no sex drive, and frequent urination, especially at night. Hot flashes occur with irregular occurrence and intensity.

Related Reading: fatigue | frequent urination | hot flashes

Comment from: desert dweller, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 12

My husband has been on Casodex 50MG for almost a month and so far so good. Appears to have helped the pain he has experienced in his back and the only side effect appears to be that most foods have no taste.

Related Reading: casodex

Comment from: poacher, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

I have taking an oral dosage of 50 mg per day for the last 6 weeks. Starting 1 week ago, I starting having an itching sensation in both of my lower arms. Today, it is getting more severe and I am stopping the medication and consulting my physician. I do not know of the drugs effectiveness at this time. The oral medication is easy to use but with the constanting itching I am experiencing,I quite dissatisfied with my experience.

Comment from: larry334, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

i have severe vomiting and diarhea from this medication,,,also tired all the time.how long will i continue on these pills? My tumor has shrunk substanually.

Comment from: old man, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 13

Cancer has now spread to my back this drug was the last chance I had rather then chemo

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: JimBourque, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

Quite a bit of Fatigue

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

Taking this medication since 6 months. This in combination with monthly Trelstar injections and radiation therapy. Headaches and "hot-flashes" have been the side-effects I have been dealing with.

Related Reading: trelstar

Published: May 18

After one month began experiencing breast swelling and tenderness.

Comment from: porter, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

i have bin takeing for 2.5 years

Comment from: villane619, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

I WANT TO KNOW THE SID EFFECTS OF THIS MEDICATION WHICH IS CASODEZ 50 MG TABS. MY FATHER-IN-LAW JUST STARTED TAKING THIS AND HE IS TELLING ME HOW TIRED HE IS. IS THIS NORMAL?

Comment from: kidshelleen51, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 11

Diagnosed with high grade prostate cancer although no evidence of metastatic cancer. PSA dropped from 5.7 to .2 in 3 months and .1 three months later. But the side effects are horrible and I am taking myself off after 9 months. The Lupron/Casodex combo has left me severely fatigued, with joint pain, horrible hot flashes somewhat mitigated by Paxel, sometimes in a mental fog, 7 lbs of weight gain, bald under the arms, raisins for nuts, forget sex, frequent nighttime urination, and a few other things I can't remember. The damn cocktail works but docs keep you on it too long. After radiation and with an undetectable PSA, there seems to be no reason to continue this crap for another 9 months. So I'm in charge and I quit.

Related Reading: prostate cancer | cancer | lupron

Screening Tests Every Man Should Have See Slideshow
Comment from: Decatur1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 14

I have lowered my PSA to 1.5 however the side effect are hard to live with. Tender breast, no energy, sometimes not being able to sleep at night. I have been taking it for over a year now, and I am looking for an alternitive.

Comment from: miss Lily2005, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 16

the above has helped. My husband has just stared this medication and hoping for the best.

Comment from: Paul, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 26

Been on 50mgs/day with Trelstar shot every 3 months for almost 2 years, PSA went below 1 in first 6 months and has stayed there. Experience extreme fatigue now. Experience breast tenderness and hair loss in first 6 months. Not happy with side affects. As time goes by breast tenderness is decreasing and is now tolerable, same with hot flashes.

Related Reading: trelstar | fatigue | hair loss