Ceenu

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 12

has helped me with constipation

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Taylor, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

Recently, I was diagnosed with what my PCP calls "pharmaceutically-induced mood disorder." 2 years ago, I was on Abilify for a few months for trichotillomania (hair-pulling). I didn't have depression, anxiety, or any mood disorder; apart from the hair-pulling, I was completely healthy. After stopping Abilify cold-turkey (my doctor at the time told me this would be okay; she was WAY wrong), I experienced an intense 5-day-long anxiety attack. Just constant panic, depression, crying, and depersonalization. On day 5, the "episode" ended just as suddenly as it began. Ever since then, I'd have weeks of normalcy--even a slight euphoria--and then about 3 days of anxiety and depression that would, again, start without warning, and end just as suddenly. Sometimes it was 3 days, sometimes more; sometimes it was so bad I couldn't function. Some episodes were more mild, but still very disrupting my life. I also began to pull more hair than ever. I saw many doctors and was diagnosed with everything from General Anxiety, to Postpartum Depression (I gave birth a year ago), to Bipolar disorder. I knew in my heart the Abilify had caused this, somehow. I read in a few forums about people having great success with TwinLab Amino Fuel, L-glutamine powder, and magnesium (all three taken together in the mornings on an empty stomach--I take 40 mL, 1 teaspoon, and 250 mg, respectively). I decided to give it a try, since I was desperate, and Abilify had scared me off psychiatric drugs permanently. Within a week, I felt a LOT better. I started taking another 250 mg magnesium before bed, and now (2 months later) I feel even better, almost 100%. I do get "twinges" of anxiety now and then, but they are so mild and fleeting, I barely notice them; on these days I take an extra magnesium midday. I know the other supplements are helping a lot too, but the magnesium is great just by itself. It feels like I have my life back!! Highly recommend no matter what kind of anxiety you have.

Related Reading: abilify | anxiety | postpartum depression