Celebrex

Comment from: Katrina Braithwaite 35-44 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: July 05

I was put on this for severe fibromyalgia pain and full body osteoarthritis.. I took it about two weeks before I noticed that I was dizzy all the time. My heart was racing constantly. And I have sever stomach pain like heart burn that feels like I am having a full blown anxiety attack.. out of the blue I developed carpal tunnel syndrome in my thumb joints.. i am not going to take this anymore ! The side effects are not worth the relief ! I will continue on my pain meds and my fentanyl patch .. this stuff is garbage and dangerous

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | osteoarthritis | anxiety

Comment from: J Woolridge 55-64 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: June 03

Joint damage from Lime. I took 400mg for seven days. Terrible fever, fast heart, heart pain and a heart attack on seventh day. Dr. said I was allergic to it. I would never take again.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: woops 13-18 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 12

Was on this medicine for a week and could absolutely not take the side effects (I'm someone who experiences a lot of unusual side effects so I've come to expect them, but on this it was unbelievably bad). Had diarrhea everyday for a week and couldn't stand it anymore. I did notice most of the sharp pain in my joints had dissipated, but I was left with an ache and stiffness. I found it was a bit hard to swallow as well? it always felt stuck in my throat. overall, I have more relief with 800 mg ibuprofen.

Related Reading: diarrhea | ibuprofen

Comment from: Lynn Backhaus 55-64 Transgender 6 months to less than 1 year Caregiver Published: May 09

I havent been able to relieve my back pain with this drug and i wake up at night

Comment from: Lullaby 45-54 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: February 13

Celebrex gave me joint pain relief that I could not manage on a biologic alone, and it is supposedly safer than Advil. I noticed a lot of dizziness while on it and heart palpitations, which gave me panic attacks. My stools turned a pale color, and I felt sluggish. Weight gain and bloating didnâ??t suit my petite frame, but it was the dizziness and palpitations that made me stop taking it. Nausea accompanied the dizziness. My rheumy wanted me to take an anti-nausea drug and another for vertigo, but they had their side effects. Overall, Celebrex worked for my pain; the many side effects though outweighed the pain relief benefit, so after one year, I stopped taking it. If you donâ??t suffer these side effects, you are fortunate.

Related Reading: celebrex | dizziness | palpitations

Comment from: rbellie 55-64 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: November 19

Have had pain from multiple sports injuries. Currently using it for shoulder pain (tendonitis, muscle tears, tendon tears) and it allows me to play golf and tennis without any issues. IT is a miracle drug for me as I don't react favorably to most anti-inflammatories (stomach pain) but Celebrex give me no side effects.

Comment from: 13-18 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 27

This medication only took away a very small amount of my pain and it caused me to have painful abdominal cramping (similar to menstrual cramps) and made me nauseous but I know that these side effects are not common with Celebrex so do not worry if you are starting this medication. I was also on a high dose (200mg 2x/day) so that might of been why.

Related Reading: menstrual cramps | celebrex

Comment from: 45-54 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: August 22

I didn't think I would be able to ever walk again. This drug removed the pain I have been feeling to a large extent.

Comment from: Suzy 55-64 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: March 14

I developed severe joint pain due to overactive immune system. Pain so severe I could not roll over in bed, dress myself or even carry a purse. After taking Celebrex for a week I had no pain or stiffness. I have been taking this drug for 5 years. I always take with food and a full glass of water. I have suffered no side effects. I cannot function without this medication. At some point I will need to escalate to a biologic but until then I will will take Celebrex.

Comment from: Doro 55-64 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: November 11

Celebrex was very effective for me for over 10 years for osteoarthritis, it was a miracle drug. Then I had diarrhea, and it became severe. I saw my GI doctor and I had many polyps and inflammation in my stomach. I stopped taking celebrex and my diarrhea stopped. I didn't realize it was causing such stomach irritation.

Related Reading: celebrex | osteoarthritis | diarrhea

Comment from: EvaPete 35-44 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: August 17

Celebrex has been a helpful long term medication for my degenerative conditions. The arthritis pain in my knees has been reduced and has allowed me to move without pain. This drug is not for short term relief. In order to get the maximum benefit, expect to take it for 8-12 weeks. I have osteoporosis and arthritis with hardly any cartilage remaining in my knees.

Related Reading: celebrex | arthritis | osteoporosis

Comment from: KEL 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: April 07

I was prescribed Celebrex 200 mg after having total knee replacement. Started vomiting blood & blood in stool. Internal GI bleed. Ended up in the hospital. Blood had dropped from 13 to 8. Be careful with this stuff. I took two. One going in to surgery & one the next day.

Related Reading: celebrex

Comment from: Sari0213 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 26

Absolutely worthless. Does nothing for inflammation and pain after total knee replacement. Not worth the slim risk of side effects, not to mention the ridiculous cost

Comment from: Pandora 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 15

I had hives on my face and neck for 3 1/2 years and was told I was not allergic to anything. The antihistamines did NOTHING. I gave Celebrex (generic) a try of 200 mg a day for a few days and then as needed and now take it about 3 or 4 times a week. As an anti-inflammatory the hives are gone. It is the only thing that has worked. I was not prescribed this drug as it isn't used for hives. And, my doctor says she can't prescribe it to me for a rash - but I also have osteoarthritis and was able to give it me for that. Though she is required to start me out with 100 mg instead of 200 mg. One of the possible side affects of this drug is hives - yet for me - it took them away.

Related Reading: hives | celebrex | osteoarthritis

Comment from: 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: July 31

I was in my 20s when my doctor put me on Celebrex to help with tendonitis issues. The Celebrex was worthless & I eventually had to have surgery. I was on Celebrex for about 6 weeks when I found out I was pregnant (unexpectedly). I immediately stopped using but it was too late. After my miscarriage I learned that not only is miscarriage a side effect, but trouble getting pregnant again is also likely. My husband and I continued trying to conceive for many years but I was never able to get pregnant again. I would not recommend Celebrex to my worst enemy!

Related Reading: celebrex | miscarriage | getting pregnant

Comment from: Dennis Richardson 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: May 26

After suffering for two years with joint pain in my knee, afraid that I would need surgery, I saw Doctor Dana Bowe. He examined me and determined that my conditioned required no surgery. I have acute rheumatoid arthritis.He reconmended Celebrex 200mg one pill every 12 hours. After 36 hours I was a new man. I can run now. Before it was painful to walk . I have no side effects. I am 64 years old. I came off for a week and suffered. Will not do it again. It really works.

Related Reading: rheumatoid arthritis | celebrex

QUESTION

The term arthritis refers to stiffness in the joints. See Answer
Comment from: 19-24 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: April 15

had 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out with some bone removal. still feel pain, but its so much better than if i didn't have them.

Related Reading: wisdom teeth

Comment from: 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: March 13

40 years of narcotics and other NSAIDS has damaged my stomach. I had resorted to toradal shots on an outpatient basis. I had my last shot on the day I got this medication. I have a new lease on life. And no side effects, I feel a miracle was bestowed on me. I hope the insurance will continue authorizing this medication. I went from a 6-7 pain scale on a daily basis to 1, occasionally.

Comment from: Sandy 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: November 28

It said it would last for 12 hours, but it only is effective for 8 hours for me.

Comment from: Gmoney 35-44 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: October 01

I was originally prescribed this for back pain. Didn't help but I found out that it helps with menstrual cramps. It is amazing. I get pain that is the equivalent to labor pain and this is the only thing that works. Like a miracle!

Related Reading: menstrual cramps