Celexa

Comment from: 25-34 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: April 25

I was having uncontrollable anxiety attacks. Started taking Celexa and it stopped my anxiety attacks, calmed down my heart palpitations, and improved my mood! Been taking it several months now. Would recommend!

Related Reading: anxiety | celexa | palpitations

Comment from: Nate 19-24 Male 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: December 29

at first, Celexa was my saving grace. It pulled me out of a very dark point in my life. slowly after 6 months, it stopped working, and then began working against me. it intensified my symptoms of depression. I went from feeling full of life to more suicidal than I'd ever been before. I started sleeping for upwards of 16 hours a day. I stopped attending school and when I did I slept in class. I slept, not because I was fatigued, but because I didn't want to be awake. Sleep was the closest I could get to death without hurting anyone. I'd wake up angry that I didn't die in my sleep. I dreamt about killing myself. I'd never before wanted to die so badly. this effect made me not want to take it at all. I'd talk to my doctor and he'd up my dose and contact me 2 weeks later to check in. Usually I was doing better. but after a month, I was back in the same pattern of living without wanting to live. this happened 3 times, and after the third time, my doctor had to take me off of it because I was so miserable and depressed that I didn't even realize it was the fault of the medication and instead blamed myself for being too depressed to be helped. Personally, I would not recommend Celexa to anyone.

Related Reading: celexa | depression

Comment from: 25-34 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: October 15

I will never take Celexa again, not only was it totally ineffective, but I even had major side effects one of them being self-harm when I had never before I started taking it and never after I stopped.

Related Reading: celexa

Comment from: Erica 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 20

I've been taking Celexa 10 mg. for depression for 2 weeks. I've experienced Terrible headaches, Nausea...(Bad stomach aches

Related Reading: celexa | depression

Comment from: Emroever 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 07

I felt like the depression was at bay, but it made my anxiety skyrocket. The side effects were extreme—either not enough sleep or I’d sleep the entire day, always felt unwell and nauseous, horrible headaches. I’m currently on week three of coming off of 20mg, and I keep forgetting simple words or use the wrong ones (completely out of my character)..!

Related Reading: depression | anxiety

Comment from: Sam 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 16

Was switched to Celexa after Cipralex started not working for me. Celexa makes me sweat and cannot get a full nights sleep.

Comment from: MGA 65-74 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: August 12

I have been taking Celexa since it was first available. Previously, I had taken Zoloft for many years. The Zoloft began giving me severe heartburn, so I had to stop taking it. Celexa controls my clinical depression. Without the medication, I am angry and unable to interact with others without being abrupt and hurtful. I really like that it doesnâ??t take a great length of time to get back into your system if you are without it for a few days. I am pleased with this medication as it allows me to function in my daily life.

Related Reading: celexa | zoloft | heartburn

Comment from: pepperjanuary219 45-54 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: April 17

I have been taking Celexa for around 6 months after being diagnosed with agoraphobia. Before starting treatment with this medication I was riddled with anxiety and would pretty much only leave my house to go to work and worried constantly that I would have a panic attack in front of people or I would be inside a place like a grocery store and have to leave due to the stress of it all. Sometimes I couldn’t even get out of my car to go inside. Since I have been taking Celexa, my symptoms are definitely lessened. It’s a work in progress but Celexa is definitely helping. As far as side effects, I’ve only had one negative and that is a complete loss of interest in physical intimacy.

Related Reading: celexa | agoraphobia | treatment

Comment from: Katelyn163 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 16

I started out with 10mg and it helped with my depression tremendously. The first week or so on it was horrible with all the side effects (dry mouth, night sweats, headache), but I stuck it out and am really glad I did. I recently increased to a 20mg dose because I was still experiencing quite a bit of anxiety w/the smaller dose. Some depression meds make you drowsy/spacey but Celexa hasnâ??t made me that way at all. I highly recommend giving it a try!

Related Reading: depression | dry mouth | night sweats

Comment from: 35-44 Female 5 to less than 10 years Patient Published: April 03

Worked great for the depression, but left me not caring about anything. No sexual desire.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Fitbit19855 25-34 Male less than 1 month Patient Published: March 30

Please have your doctor start you on a lower milligram ( im on 10mg ) if you deal with rapid heartbeat and more anxiety during 1st couple weeks ....but I must tell you after two weeks of taking off work and toughing this out ,my anxiety and severe panic attacks from underlying issues an non stop drinking habit to cope finally came into play an this drug has me living life again.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks

Comment from: Mirandaxoxo 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: February 21

I do feel a lot better since I began taking this medication. I do hope to improve future, as I've only been on this medication for about 3 weeks.

Comment from: Happy heart. 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 24

I had a traumatic situation that send me spiralling out of control. I refused to take any SSRI despite my Doctors recommendation. It took her 6 months to get me to try one as I was petrified of any drugs that alter the mind. Eventually I had no choice , I became extremely mentally sick and because of this physically. I lost 30 pounds in 5 months. I tried celexa 10 mg along with clornazapan and never looked back. I had no side effects outside drowsiness which was fine I then took it before bed and finally I was able to sleep. I gained my appetite back and I never felt more clarity and happiness. This little pill saved my life. My only regret was I never took it sooner as my doctor adviced. Celexa is a life changer. I highly recommend it.

Comment from: Tara 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 11

I was on Celexa for a few months and everything was fine and I had no side effects. But a few months in (this is gonna sound odd) I had abnormal vaginal bleeding. I bled vaginally for literally 3 months straight. I consulted my doctor that gave me this medicine and he took me off it and put me on something different. As soon as I stopped the medicine the bleeding went away and I havenâ??t had bleeding like that since.

Related Reading: celexa | vaginal bleeding

Comment from: ? i don't know what this means 65-74 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: October 04

I took celexa for 16 years and it worked great. Then it stopped working. I have been crying 3-4 times a day for the past ten months. Initially, i would cry for no reason - just out of the blue. Now i get depressed when i cry and the past few months i have had flashes of anger when i cry. Generally, i'm not depressed anymore except for when i cry. My doctor referred me to counseling, which i do, but no solution has been offered.....

Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication See Slideshow
Comment from: Brandon 19-24 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 04

It worked but made me feel very physically and emotionally drained, stopped after a few months because while it worked it just didn't make me feel good.

Comment from: Julie 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: August 13

Took this for 1 week, make my life horrible. I have more panic attack, made me tired and unable to sleep. Went to ER twice.

Comment from: EmmyJay8 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: August 01

When I was originally diagnosed with anxiety & depression about 12 years ago this was the first drug I took. I felt pretty immediate results. For reasons I can't remember, I switched to different medications and tried 4 others before coming back to Celexa. Compared to Effexor (the last drug), I finally don't have the "brain fog" feeling anymore- and also feel more like myself! Also the Effexor messed with my sex drive-- ugh! Thankfully Celexa is a much better drug for me overall.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | celexa

Comment from: 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 09

I have been taking this medication for 2 days and have already noticed a change within myself so i like it, but i had to stop taking it asap. I had SEVERE diahrrea from the time i started taking it and have no idea why. If i would have kept taking it, i would have been in the hospital with SEVERE dehydration. I have only seen ONE lady with the same problem. Anyone else have this problem?

Related Reading: dehydration

Comment from: Still in Recovery 13-18 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: March 25

I began taking this medication at twelve years old. I took the medication for 2 years and no positive effects occured. In fact, it seemed to only worsen my depression.

Related Reading: depression