Cervidil

Comment from: Amru25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 12

I was 2 days past my due date and was induced. I was inserted with the cervidil string at 4 pm (the insertion was very painful!) and as promised, my contractions began in 2 hours.

Related Reading: cervidil

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 12

I was 27 at the time of use. The doctor induced me to work around his office hours. I thought he was just checking me and next thing I knew I was in horrible pain due to his inserting the Cervidil. I was in horrible pain for at least 18 hours before giving birth. I ended up running a fever and begging for an epidural that I never planned on having and did not with my first child. Over a month after birth I ended up with extreme bleeding and large blood clots which another ob-gyn termed as just an infection and normal. I had horrible painful menstrual cycles with large blood clots monthly until 5 years when I stopped having any at all. I have not been able to get pregnant since the birth of my daughter in 1998. I would never recommend this to anyone. The pain I went thru still haunts me today.

Related Reading: cervidil | blood clots

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 14

First delivery at 27yrs old and was to be induced at 40wks 3days. This drug was the hardest part of my delivery. It felt like fire being inserted, I'm pretty sure I kicked the poor nurse and it only brought me from 2cm dilated to 3cm. I was in excruciating pain the entire time it was in, I finally relaxed after they started the epidural and delivered 2hrs later.

Comment from: Kate19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 05

This should not be prescribed lightly! Having it put in place was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt, topping my child's birth. It was extra pain, stress, and crying than was justifiable just to speed things along. I do not recommend this drug unless absolutely necessary.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 01

My cousin was given this 2x's and it didn't work she ended up having to have a C-section, now I'm in the same boat, they just took one out and now they will "be back soon" to do another. Starting to feel like cerdivl is just a way to keep you in the hospital longer so they can charge you for a longer stay. >:-(

Comment from: Firsttymeblssmom25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 21

I do not like it has to be inserted by hand. It made me very uncomfortable and gave me a burning sensation each time. However it did what it was designed to do. I had to have it twice.