Cesamet

Comment from: sleeplessinvictoria, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 13

I was on cesamet for 6 months wile i waited for my licience to legally be allowed to smoke medical marijiwana.I was put on cesamet for fibromyalgia pain and AS pain.I found that it was best to take on an empty stomach if i took it with food then it took to long to kick in.I never had any side effects to this medication or with drawls when i quit taking it.

Related Reading: cesamet | fibromyalgia

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 08

I had to stop using this drug for, pain relief, as it was interferring with memory and over all inability to concentrate. This medication was Rx for relief of pain related to Dx's of arthritis and fibromyalgia. I had stopped this drug on my own and had problems with headache and nausea. Not a good idea to stop "cold turkey"

Related Reading: arthritis | headache

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 06

I use Cesamet oral for the treatment of chronic pain, severe spinal disorders both skeletal muscular pain and nerve pain. It has helped with the nerve spasms a lot but is not too helpful for the osteo arthritis. The dosage which works best for me is a low dosage tablet taken three times through out the day. Oddly the only side effect I noticed was nausea.

Related Reading: cesamet | chronic pain

Comment from: Cynder_Raven, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 04

I've been on Cesamet for over 3 years for chronic pain in my lower back due to spina bifida occulta. I started at 0.5mg, but just kept building a tolerance to it, so I ended up at 3mg, but I am now slowly coming off of it, 0.5mg at a time. It worked very well, but I just don't want to keep increasing my dosage. The addictive properties scare me too much. So far so good for withdrawal symptoms.

Comment from: maderd, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 01

I was prescribed cesamet .05 mg,I fibromylgia, arthtris, RLS, RA, IBS,etc...... Anyway I was prescribed this by my Pain Clinic Doctor. Plus she has also precribed Eslon (morphine). I emjoyed this med. I was able to feel calm for 2 to 4 hours, really relaxed. But now she has doubled the script and I had to stop the 1.mg I just was falling sleep any time, everywhere, it was just too hard to be functionable. I still felt good, but the sleeping part; not good, and driving was making me nervious. The dose of .5 mg, twice a day is just ok, I think that during day I would stick to .5 and the second dose could be the higher dose of 1 mg. Anyway being able to relax has been a big issue. I have been able to relax better, almost perfect for me. The pain is not right there, in my face, always in the back of my mind. It has for some days, been not in my face. Anything for some peace, relaxation, less PAIN, I actually laughed in those days. So for me it's a YES I like this drug. It's just a matter of finding the right dose, or she might just suggest something else to try. arghhhhh between the test & trial of all kinds of meds for Fibro, RLS, not sleeping, and all the other issues affecting my life, right now. And I hate taking pills, ha, now I can swallow these by the handfuls. arghhhhhhh. I really want body back.

Related Reading: morphine

Comment from: speace, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I have severe pain starting at right wrist all the way to the shoulder and back. I take 2 capulse a day (1 mg). I have found that this is the only medication that works for me, I have tried all the way to 80 mg of oxycontin 4 times a day with little or no relief. This drug works for pain like nothing I have ever takmen. I have had 3 operation on my right wrist (which I am right handed) I have sever scar tissue that press on the carpul tunnel. I have been notified since worker comp is not paying for this and I have been on it for 3 months. Some side effect but they are worth it. My lawyer is trying to get this taken care of, because I can not go back to feeling the way I did. SP

Related Reading: oxycontin

Comment from: jwebbie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 18

I was prescibed this medication for Chronic Back Pain due to the fact my spinal cord is somehow pinched in the vertebrae after being rear ended 3 times.I take 2mg of Cesamet + 8 other pills and the Duralgesic patch.I am Ok if I stay standing BUT J.C. Sitting I go numb from my belt down including my best friend.Working outside Somedays I have to stop at 1:00 and sleep the rest of the day but then again when you sleep 2-4 hrs a night it catches up + when they have diagnosed you with sleep apnea to boot you can't win even with sleeping pills. But really I can say that I don't have any side effects from this drug.//JRW

Related Reading: sleep apnea

Comment from: smallrage, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 09

I have been on .5mg and 1.0mg and it seems the more I took the more tired I because to a point where I was a zombie. After being on Methodone for 5 years the Montreal General hospital pain clinic abruptly because I wasn't getting any better so I because a bad statistic for the hospital because I wasn't getting better with any treatments they did for me. So if they don't have favorable results they lose funding, the exact same thing happen to a person I met at the clinic who was suffering from Crohn’s disease who they said was faking as did they with me because we were un-treatable. That said my family doctor did have a license to prescribe methodone which is why he didn't want me on this drug as he knew they would not let me continue for a long period of time on it and he would of been able to refill my prescription. After being forced to go cold turkey from 120mg to 0 my Dr put me on cesamet this has to be one of the worse drugs on the market I have take many to before getting to methodone but this has to be that worse next to ms contin. So if your Dr wants you on this stuff heed the warning don't go on it unless you like being a zombie your life because thats the felling you will have. As of now I am still on it my will even to come online isn't even there anymore as I don't have the energy to move. Where as 3 weeks ago I was out and about. Take methodone if you have tried everything but take it from me who has had just about every pain med possible

Related Reading: crohn's disease | cesamet

Comment from: Fluttering Butterfly, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 30

I have been suffering with Vertigo, Tinnitus, extreme burning neck pain.. bent over can't move lower back pain , aches in shoulder blades area mid back non stop.. with numbing in arms, hands, and legs, thousands of pins and needles all over chest, really terrible nausea .. waves and waves of constant nausea due to the vertigo and stress this kind of episodes or attacks leaves you with, dealing with the lack of understanding of everyone around you is just as painful. It was friend recommended who was previous Rehab and Pain Clinic THERAPIST now in Film Industry. I asked by Dr. she started me on the lowest dose .. then i got to the 0.5 mg, daily three times a day worked for me.. double up on a bad night where vibrating pain was stopping me from sleeping for the days I over did it. I was off this drug within a year.. now I only use when needed ..occasionally..winter time more. Worked great for me with no side effects.

Related Reading: vertigo | tinnitus | neck pain

Comment from: pam, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

starting dose for pain, and hoping to find it more effective after increasing dosage. Taken at night, helps to relax and sleep. Dry mouth side affect is pretty bothersome.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Curomac, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

Chronic pain treatment, severe arthritis, adult onset spondylarthritis, stenosis, etc, etc...Dilaudid + additional pain treatments. Definitely keeps pain to a dull roar: 7- 8 at night and allows me to wake up not nauseated... No side effects thus far.

Related Reading: chronic pain | arthritis | dilaudid

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

This medication makes me sicker then I am. My Dr gave it too me for chornic pain from Spina bifida and fibromyalgia and I have been on it now for 3 days and I hate it.. my life feel worse then it was before i got on this drug.. trust me for people who are sensative to drugs don't try this at all.. thank the good lord I am only on a two week trial of 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I need to get off these.. I have done nothing but for the last two hours try unsuccessfully not to throw up.. it is not working. Don't don't don't take this drug if you are thin, and easily effected by drugs.. I am on my wits end in pain here and that is pre this drug and during taking this.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: DJ, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 13

I was prescribe this medication because of my back pain...my body felt like I was on fire all the time... it take's the burning out, but I still have my back pain, but NOT has worse as before..

Skin Cancer Symptoms, Types, Images See Slideshow
Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I suffer from nausea, anxiety, and depression and i started taking these this afternoon they work great not as well as real cannabis but my dr said in 5 months(when i turn 18) i can get a card that lets me smoke cannabis. but in the mean time these work really well, cures my depression and nausea and takes away my anxiety.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression

Comment from: Paulinka, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

Just started the medicine for leg pain - 1.0 mg - allowed up to 3 but have only used 2 per day so far. feel a bit dozy butrelaxed. Pain is there but my brain doesn't seem to register it.So, only 3 days on it - will see what it is like after a week.

Comment from: Reggie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

I suffer from gastro perisis,and suffer chronic nausea, tried several other meds, nothing works like cesamet. Wonderful med!

Related Reading: cesamet

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 17

I began using this drug because I was experiencing parasomnia episodes (abnormal physical movements in the sleep)and found it extremely difficult to sleep. Cesamet has been my miracle drug. Later finding out these episodes were actually seizures, I find it to be an exciting new options for patients like me with nocturnal (in the sleep) Epilepsy seizures. As an epilepsy patient and user of Cesamet for a total of 2 years I feel confident in using this 'miracle drug' Cesamet as opposed to Marijuana because the safety record and controlled quantitay/quality; its much higher than the many different types/kinds and dosage of Marijuana dosage which can often be unknown when inhaling it therefore leading me to beleive because you're ingesting/digesting there are many more positive and immediate effects. If you're just looking for a THC high forget it, there are no similarities in the 'high' feeling of Marijuana in Cesemat because you're ingesting/digesting the Cesamet (thc) instead of inhaling/exhaling; two totally different feelings. While ingesting Cesemat metabolises immediately, it also is reliably constant and can make you feel extremley drowsy throughout the whole 24 hour day whereas smoking Marijuana is immediate yet disappears within hours. The only noticable side effects for me is the the heart palpitation/shortness of breathing during heat change. No munchies or dazed feeling. Cesemat may prompt you to eat at odd hours, but theres no harm by taking Cesemat at the right dosage taken daily at the same time. Hopefully someday Cesemat could be taken as a replacement to many [AEDs} (anti-epileptic drugs because it has allowed me to get a good night sleep and actually feel rested. Very easy to use and has changed my nights sleep for the better.

Related Reading: cesamet | marijuana | smoking

Comment from: rolljoy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 12

I have been on Cesamet 1mg for 15 months , twice daily for treatment for my Neuropathic Pain in my Spine and legs. What is the long term affects of this drug ? ( I PUT IN THE WRONG ANSWER FOR TAKING THIS DRUG ABOVE )

Related Reading: neuropathic pain

Comment from: Shirl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 13

I didn't experience anything,it did nothing for me.