Cipro XR

Comment from: Jeanne, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 04

I was treated for a urinary infection (type unknown)a few weeks after finishing the meds. I notices having pain in my legs & arms. sometimes it was so bad it would wake me up. At the sametime I also started getting painful lumps in my arms. The doctor passed it off as inflemation in my tendans & told me to stop working in my garden. A few days later I started hearing on TV & in the paper the warnings of the side effects to this drug. My doctor seemed to know nothing about these harsh warning. The pain has some what deminished but the lumps remain. These warning explain a lot of past pain from years when I had these infections several times a year. Yes the drug works wonders on the infection but the lasting side effects worry me. Yet I have no real proof that this medication is the cause of my pain, but I will not take this drug again.

Comment from: melodystar, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

This drug has done me more harm than any other drug I have ever taken. It's been 2 months since I last took it and am still suffering from horrible side effects. This drug should be banned from the market. If I knew at the time, that this drug was a black mark labeled drug. I would have never taken it. But my doctor, never said a word to me about that or the horrible debilatating side affects. I would certainly never recommend this drug to anyone ever. It has made me so sick and in so much pain. It is 100 times worse than my urinary tract infection pain. Most horrible drug. I give it a rating of FFFFF. Please do not take this drug.

Related Reading: urinary tract infection

Comment from: djbeth, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

Was prescribed this for a throat infection, took the first pill and about 6 hours after I ingested it I had horrible back pain, I thought I was going to die...Once that subsided I decided not to continue treatment and told my doctor immediately I never wanted that medicine again. Still to this day I have major issues because of it.

Comment from: Meme, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

Just didn't work.

Comment from: bigboy, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 23

iam bad to use cipro xr