Ciprodex

Comment from: Justsomeguy25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 30

This is one of the worse medications ever. The medicine causes more pain than what i was in to start with. I am writing this having been unable to sleep the whole night due to the incredible pain. Its like a hacksaw to the side of the head. Just take the oral antibiotics, there cheaper and won't require serious accompanying pain meds.

Comment from: lolgfad19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 16

I have tubes in my ear along with a perforation and infection so my ent prescribed me ciprodex. After the first day I felt better, everything felt a little clearer in my ear, on the second day it felt about the same but in the third day I felt a stinging pain in my ear like icey cold water was being pushed through my sinuses. I've had this problem once before, first relief then lagoon a few days later but I always try to give this medicine another shot because with my insurance it's only about a dollar to buy. I never knew that so many people feel this pain. Not sure if this medicine is even worth prescribing to patients anymore. I rather just pay for an oral prescription of ciprofloxen. Always the same relief then pain.

Comment from: Sad45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 13

I have had these drops twice. The first time was for an outer ear infection. The drops cleared the infection, but my eardrum ruptured the day after I completed my 7 day treatment. The second time I was given these drops was a few days ago for a middle ear infection where the eardrum hole is still present, but was healing nicely. After two doses of these drops, I experienced severe, stabbing pain, as described by others here. Also, the hole in my eardrum is bigger and continues to get larger. I found a study online that said these drops delay the healing of the eardrum, which begs the question as to WHY a board certified ENT would prescribe them. The pain finally stopped, but I am sick over the healing of my eardrum being set back.

Related Reading: ruptured | middle ear infection

Comment from: Collegekid19-24on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 13

Here’s the thing, obviously people who it doesn’t work for will have bad reviews. But are you really going to take an opinion from a grouch? I have chronic ear infections and have for 22 years. After loosing my hearing for 3 months in college I was prescribed this and it works magic for me. I feel an ear infect coming on and it completely makes it disappear.

Comment from: B-ry19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 03

Took this ear drops for an inflammed ear canal. The first two days were okay. Third day excruciating pain in which made me wanna go insane. 4th to end the pain disappeared and before you know it, the inflammation disappeared. No hearing loss, some tinnitus but it goes on and off. Overall, Ciprodex works. It's a Fluoroquinolone yes, but an extremely low Ciprofloxacin with Steroid Dex, so it wouldn't really flox you unless it was 100mg and up. Otherwise, these drops worked for me.

Related Reading: hearing loss | tinnitus | ciprodex

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 07

I have chronically draining ears and infections as well as recurring cholesteatoma. So I have been on cyprodex for a long time. No adverse side effects. It's pretty much the best thing they have for otic antibiotics.

Comment from: 0-2on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 01

Comment from: Rosi35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 15

I have been using Ciprodex for 7 days. On my last day my ear start to rinning.So, I found here what garbage is Ciprodex.FDA IS GARBAGE TOO!!Now what?? My doctor said that Ciprodex is save even for children" Bullshit!!.Thank you God , that I have just rinning ,not completely lose my hearing.. Please don't use those ear drops. There are different ones and more save for your ear.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 28

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 14

used Ciprodex Otic Suspension in left ear 3 drops,3 times a day for 10 days on Dr.'s RX . Now have no hearing in left ear.

Related Reading: ciprodex

Comment from: Johnny Earwax35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 10

Developed an outer ear infection. Prescribed Ciprodex. Like some other reviewers, it DID feel like my ear closed up when I used it, but my ear was not actually closing up, it's just how it feels when you put liquid into an already inflamed ear canal. After maybe 3 days, my ear started to heal VERY quickly. These drops are much better than other, older brands. I found a lot of misleading information out there about it. If your doc prescribed it, just use it and enjoy your cure in a few days. These are twice a day, rather than 4 times a day like other drops. Only downside, it was very expensive so hope your insurance covers it.

Related Reading: ciprodex

Comment from: rudy 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 30

same problems everyone else had mention.There is something wrong. How could the f.d.a. aprrove this . i feel i got ripped off on this product

QUESTION