Clarinex

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

It did work but after 1 week of taking it (lowest dose, 1/eventin), after progressively feeling wierd & bit nauseous 2 hours after taking it, one night I just passed out. I went to tell my husband I didn't feel right and boom - next thing I know I'm laying on my back looking up at the ceiling. He said I was 'out" for about a minute. Went off the drug immediately. I later read in the PDR this was an 'uncommon' side effect.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 16

I've taken this for 3 yrs,it works great! I have tried more current rx's but nothing that works as well and withoutside effects. I maybe have a dry mouth at times, that's all.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: laurie2860, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 24

i've been taking Clarinex for several years now for my year-long allergies. this is the only drug i have found to work for me. you have to take it for several months to notice a difference. the only side effect i've experienced from it is a terrible dry mouth. i drink lots of water and suck on alot of mints or candy.

Related Reading: clarinex

Comment from: Codys Mom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 29

My son is 16mns before we started to use it he was so sick wit ear infections n throat infections and was in the hospitail..I remember asking my doctor what can we do its been 3 mns and hes is not getting any better still had a bad couch and getting sick..She said Clarinex and she was so right we havent heard him cough is such a long time and no ear infections.I am sooo releived and happy with this med please try it ..IT REALLY DOES WORK=)

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 30

I tried every allergy med as they came on the market. Even Claritin only worked marginally. Doc moved me to Clarinex when Claritin went generic, and I have never been healthier and happier.....but the insurance companies all want to take it away! Please, will someone please tell them it really DOES work better? It is "metabolized", so it's effects are quicker and stronger, esp. if you also take meds for acid stomach.....less acid, harder to digest things....docs understand this, but pharmacies don't seem to get it!

Related Reading: allergy | claritin

Comment from: mothermertle, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 29

I've been taking Clarinex (5mg) for 8 years. I tried Allegra & Zyrtec...no luck. I'm allergic to chicken, beer yeast, and 7 molds. My symptom is itching under the skin, which result in hives. My doctor put me on 25mg at first and it made me very sleepy. I take it about every 2-3 days and it works great for me. However, the insurance company is wanting me to try something else...they need proof that I have tried something else...we are currently waiting for their answer. In the meantime...I itch, cuz nothing else works.

Related Reading: allegra | zyrtec | hives

Comment from: Batman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 27

Forgot to take it on trip and ended up at clinic. Two days of treatment and my hives were gone

Comment from: ed, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

For more than 15 years I did try evething (Allegra, Zyrtex, Claritin, ect) and I can testify that this MED is the first one I have seen the inmediate relief...

Comment from: Ch Kite, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 14

My dust mite allergy requires year-round help. Clarinex has provided a prophylaxis effect now for over 8 years w/o side effects. Optional drugs were ineffective (Zyrtec, Allegra, etc) and decongestant forms decreased alertness noticeably.

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I have taken it for 5 days now ,my symptoms are still there

Comment from: stuffy nose girl, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

I was on Allegra for years and it wasn't working anymore. I used this in combination with my nasal spray and it works good- no side effects.

Related Reading: allegra

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 04

I developed a serious allergy that had lasted for several weeks. I used several over the counter medications including loratadine with no effect. I finally went to my doctor and got a prescription for allegra which did nothing. My doctor then gave me a prescription for clarinet which my pharmacist had to order because a lot of insurance companies do not cover it. Clarinex made an immediate improvement. I am sold.

Related Reading: allergy | allegra | clarinex

Comment from: jcam, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Treats runny nose and does not make me sleepy. Little to no side affects. I think it works better than claritan.

Comment from: maddie1204, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 21

My daughter was diagnosed with asthma. I have tried everything under the sun to prevent these coughing spells that she would have after a cold. She has been on steroids, albuteral as well as a host of other meds. This one has been effective but it dries her nose out. I only give it at bedtime, once daily and it has worked so far.I never believed she had asthma.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: mary, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 23

This medication has relieved many symptoms for me, and life is much better. I do have occasional breakthroughs, and find myself very tired at times. I feel it is from the medecine.

Comment from: itchnomore, 7-12 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 29

My daughter suffered from chronic hives and allergies from the time she was 4 months old. Finally discovered a doctor who prescribed this to her when she was 4 YEARS old and it has been her miracle drug. She can now go outside of our home and even into others homes and only have a minimal (if one at all) breakout. LOVE IT! She has been taking it for four years now. At one time they told us she would have to be home-schooled. Clarinex has allowed her to be able to go to school, join a sport, and do all the fun things a little girl should get to do.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: Barb, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 04

This is the only drug that stops the hives and gives me relief. I have a drawer full of prescription creams and every alergy pill under the sun until I found Clarinex. I have had no negative side effects at all.

Comment from: queenie4, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 26

We tried this for ten days on a sample we got from the pediatric allergist. We had ten uninerrupted nights' sleep and good reports at school. When we ran out of Clarinex we went to Zyrtec as recommended and the difference was like night and day, Clarinex works, period. Caveat: We've only used it for a short time so far.

Related Reading: zyrtec

Comment from: sobek11367, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

I have never had to take any meds for my mild seasonal allergies except the occassional claritan, but this past week was absolutely unbearable. I had to take 2 days off work. Finally got to see the Dr. and he gave me this as a trial. WOW! Within 5 minutes I could feel it clearing up! 4 days later, 1 tablet a day, and I'm still fine!

QUESTION

Allergies can best be described as: See Answer
Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 09

Clarinex works fantastically on my allergies,they're gone. Thanks Clarinex, I got my life back!

Related Reading: clarinex

Comment from: Patty, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I use ClairinexD and it has been a life saver. Only to find out they are not going to make it anymore. I have tried every over the counter Allergy drug and they are not strong enough. Why do they keep doing this to the public. I need this year round.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

Every year around the beginning of March my eyes get extremely itchy and red and lasts about three weeks. I've tried eye drops, Zyrtec, Benadryl all with minimal relief. This was the 1st year I've tried Clarinex, about an hour after the 1st dose the itchiness is gone, what a relief!

Related Reading: zyrtec | benadryl

Comment from: LOVE4MADSKY, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

I have had so many issues with itching, non-stop, constantly...mostly at night, but pretty much all the time. We couldnt find a link to anything...It was so horrible that I had itching spells that would last a good 45 minutes. Nothing would help till I started taking clarinex (desloratadine) There has been a huge difference. I still itch but not as badly as I used to.

Related Reading: clarinex | itch

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 28

Have been taking for 5yrs. Tried others that didn't work,alegra,zyrtec,claritin. Has gotten expensive as an RX. ALAVERT is over the counter and exactly same loratadine tab, much less expensive for me at least.

Related Reading: zyrtec | claritin

Comment from: [email protected], 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 15

I've suffered from severe allergies since I was about 4, and now i'm 17 and this has worked okay but not great. Some friends who are on clarinex as well say you're not supposed to eat graphfruit while taking this but I'm not really sure how true that is.