Clobex

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

The drug worked as well as could be expected, but my psoriasis returned after aprox. 2 weeks after i stopped the drug. I waited about one month and started using it again for the prescribed dose...one spray to affected areas for two weeks. It has been a week since i started again and it is working great but I am skepticcal that once i stop the psoriasis will return. So I feel like the whole thing is for nothing.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Comment from: free730, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

huge plaques on my scalp, i am african american and trying to wash my hair every other day was drying my scalp and hair...after 2weeks of clobex use they all disappeared. now i only use it for 1 application a day one full week and 1 day per week for the other 3 weeks of the month. it has been such a blessing

Related Reading: clobex

Comment from: indy_bratt, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

I have had severe plaque psoriasis since I was 12-13yrs old and this is the BEST topical treatment I've ever had!!! I use the shampoo twice a week (when I need it) & the spray as needed. I am also on Humira injections every other week & utilize a tanning bed 2-3 times a week. Since starting the Clobex products my psoriasis has gone from more than 70% of my body & covering my WHOLE scalp, to NOTHING on my scalp and nearly no plaques on my body either - after just four weeks!!! I saw improvement literally within days. Other reviewers NEED to realize that topical treatments will not clear up their psoriasis plaques for good. Topical treatments need to be combined with other treatments - preferrably methotrexate or an injectable like Enbrel or Humira (both have programs for FREE meds)and possibly tanning (which for me works better than doc's office uvb treatments & far less costly). That combination will clear you & keep you mostly clear. Also, people need to remember that the same things don't work for every patient. I've been on EVERY psoriasis treatment currently available except Stelara (no need since Humira works) and the only that work for me are combining tanning with meds: methotrexate worked for me, Enbrel did NOT - it made it worse! Humira seems to be working for me. Topically, the only one that used to work was Clobetasol Ointment .05% (but the Cream version does NOT work for me). Now I have Clobex, which to me is like liquid gold. I haven't put it on my body in almost two weeks and still no new plaques, but I know when a plaque does come up (they always will until there is a cure) one spray of the Clobex ONCE a day for a week will make it disappear =)

Related Reading: humira | clobex | methotrexate

Comment from: Jojos0420, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I have had psorasis my entire life, but have only suffered from spots here and there, until a strep throat infection and I was COVERED, head to toe, inside and outside my body. Never saw anything like this in my entire life. Tried flax seed oil, and a bunch of prescription creams, this stuff, along with going to a tanning salon, were the only thing that got rid of the last stubborn plaques. I too am now afraid to go off it, after reading the postings of others, but i understand if you stay on any med forever, it will then stop working as well. Unfortunatly Psoriasis is a lifetime ailment, so we will have to learn to keep it under control with sunlight or other ways.

Related Reading: strep throat | psoriasis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

i have eczema on my face & scalp. the patches become so embarrassing. i use the clobex only when i get flare ups and it works after just one treatment. i love it!

Related Reading: eczema

Comment from: unhappy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 12

While Clobex spray reduced my psoriatic plaques, I had 2 adverse effects: 1) loss of hair in the region where the sparay was applied and 2) I accidentally sprayed it into my eye and got a stye 2-3 days later in the exact location that the spray landed. The spray is wasteful, as some of it goes airborne when applying (is this a health hazard?). This is a major issue considering the expense of this medicine. To avoid the problem, I find myself spraying onto my hand/fingers and spreading the lotion quickly, before it evaporates or is absorbed. Also, the spray is very oily and I have ruined clothes and a comforter that some of the backsplash of the spray landed on or from not waiting long enough to put my clothes on (at least 5 min wait is necessary). My thoughts - effective, yet dangerous product that the company should have tested and formulated more in terms of product delivery. A lotion would have been much better.

Comment from: jenbethalex1, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 27

I've been using it for yrs, weekdays, break on weekends, the another week of weekdays, then an enrire 7 day break...during weekends & breaks I use Dovonex to maintain. So, far after 18 yrs with psoriasis, this is the best topical I have ever used & I've used just about everything.

Related Reading: psoriasis

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 13

my husband had what i call a really bad case of cradle cap but, the doctor called it psoriasis of the scalp. this stuff was like a miracle cure. you rub it in, wait a few minutes, comb the scalp with a fine tooth comb & poof the problems was cured.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

One of the best products that has worked for me in over 20 years.

Comment from: lallieth, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

FANTASTIC! Within 4 days I saw a result.My skin was no longer red or itchy and my plaques were fading.Within one week,the psoriasis was gone. I love it!

Published: November 25

the lotion works very well, my psoriasis goes away after a week or two of using the clobex but shortly after i stop using it, it comes back. i wonder if it will keep coming back once i stop or should i just keep using the medicine and not stop at all even if the psoriasis is gone.

Related Reading: clobex

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 20

used to help psoriasis, bleaches skin out

Comment from: CSM, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 20

Following biospy results indicating psoriasis on my feet, began using Clobex spray once per day for 2 weeks and had 3 month nearly complete remission. Now, 5 months later, I have a severe outbreak n my feet which the Clobex is not controlling. This is an *extremely* expensive medication that is difficult to apply in the spray form, and it does not seem to work well at least for me. There must be something cheaper that works better.

Related Reading: clobex

Comment from: jellybean, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 21

I have used the Clobex spray for my skin and Clobex shampoo for my hair for a year to treat my psoriasis. It worked the first couple of weeks that I had used it. Shortly after, my psoriasis came back and it got worse than ever before. This medication does not work well and I would not advise anyone else to use this product. Recently, what has worked for me is getting plenty of sun. Since I've been exposing my skin and scalp in the rays of the sunlight at least once a week for 30-45 minutes, my psoriasis has almost healed completly. The flares and itchiness has come to a complete halt. I strongly urge not to take anymore medications and to expose your skin to some sunlight. I've been living with psoriasis for seven years, from my knees down to my ankles and on my scalp. With the once a week sunlight treatment, I'm hoping that the plaque will be gone by this summer. It sure would be nice to wear some shorts in public, finally.

Related Reading: clobex shampoo

Comment from: Hulagrl713, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

I have tried it ALL (Except orals)... Clobex spray IS THE BEST!!!! Can see it working within hours! Totally worth the price.

Comment from: Clobex Shampoo, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

Since using this product I noticed hair loss, burning/tingling of my scalp and headaches. I'm hoping that this is not permanent and am discontinuing its use. I also have Clobex Lotion and am apprehensive about it's long range effects.

Related Reading: hair loss | clobex lotion

Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments See Slideshow
Comment from: kjax, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I started using Clobex a few years ago after a sudden outbreak after I had strep throat. It worked GREAT in the beginning but doesn't work as well now and has also made my hands VERY dry (from application) and has also thinned out the skin on my legs to wear I bruise horribly on my legs and if I even bump into something the skin breaks. However the positive is that it worked in the beginning and still helps with the horrible itching.

Related Reading: clobex | strep throat

Comment from: steph0901, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 16

I was just recently diagnosed with psoriasis after a massive outbreak over my entire body after a strep throat infection. I just started using Clobex in combination with Cortizone-10, ZPak antibiotics (to ensure the strep is gone) and UVB light treatments 3x a week at the derm. My fingers are crossed that the combination of treatments will provide some relief (terrible itching) and rid my body of the unsightly red welts. So far I feel the OTC Cortizone-10 is providing the most relief. The Clobex burns on contact, doesn't rub in very well (leaves an oily residue) and I begin to feel itchy again within minutes. Hopefully that will change as I use it more and begin to heal. Otherwise, besides the intense itching and very expensive mode of treatment what it seems to be now is just a huge inconvenience. I'm just grateful it's winter and am able to cover myself up!!!

Related Reading: psoriasis | burns

Comment from: butch, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 11

This spray works very well.It gets rid of the ugly red spots all over my body.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

i have lichen planus on my wrist and feet and forearms it worked great on my forearms but it's slow to work on my hands and feet when i apply it to my hands and feet it seems to hurt more then it helps. i wish it would just go away i'm tried of sore skin

Related Reading: lichen planus

Comment from: bgranny, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 27

I had a skin allergy and I went to see 4 different doctors, the 4th prescribed this medicine for me and I received relief immediately.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: Linda, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

This spray has helped my psoriasis when none of my other topical worked. It is very expensive but it does work.

Comment from: halibutqueen, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 29

This medication caused major mood changes. Please be aware that when you use the spray that you may be getting a much higher dose than if you are applying another type of ointment to your psoriasis. This medication was absolutely horrible and turned me into Jekyll and Hyde. It also did not work for my psoriasis.

Comment from: tired, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

It worked well for about a month then it came back, twice as bad. The light(uvb) will be next, need more information on how well this works.GB

Comment from: Mike, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

My doctor diagnosed a rash on my wrist as eczema. I was prescribed Clobex after using other prescription cream with no resolve. After using the lotion for only a few days, the results were significant and my eczema is under control.

Related Reading: rash | eczema