Colazal

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 02

The side effects are almost not worth the overall outcome of the treatment with this medicine.

Comment from: hutsangel, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 09

I have had Crohn's for 18 years, I was always sick, I started taking Colazal 4 years ago and I have been perfect ever since. It is also safe to take while pregant, I just had a perfect baby girl. I only get a headache every once in a while. The medicine, literally saved my life.

Related Reading: colazal | headache

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 13

This medication is a god send! Yes, they are large and many pills. Currently taking 9 per day(3x).Was told can take more when flare up, max of 16. But 12 per day is ok.This medication with a little tweek of my diet and I can truly say" I'm not afraid to go out and enjoy myself, or feel embarassed!

Comment from: Bob, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I take 2 pills, twice daily. Easy to take. Have not had 1 flair up in 3 1/2 years. Cost, well right now it is $5.00 for a 90 day supply.

Comment from: Sonja, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 19

I find it to be great. I liked that it went straight to the colon and not going through the blood stream like Asacol. The price for me as dropped since they came out with a generic. I was paying $50 every 3 months and now im paying $10! I thought the pharmacy had made a mistake, I have not seen a difference in effectiveness from Name brand to generic.

Related Reading: asacol

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 28

works to help stop the problem effeciatly but does not stop my joint pain from the colitis and i need help to find a medication that helps me better!

Related Reading: colitis

Comment from: Hart, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 21

I just got diagnosed with UC and I have tried Asacol and Lialda, the headaches were too bad with both and they didn't work. With in 5 days this medicine started working and I have had no side effects or flare ups. WONDERFUL!!!

Related Reading: lialda

Comment from: [email protected], 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 03

Have been taking for 1 and a half years. Seems to be working Ok no bad side effects so far

Comment from: Lily2, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 13

I have tried many drugs for UC including Remicade and Humira(had BAD reactions to both). Colazal is the only drug where I have had extreme daytime somnolence and insomnia. Three pills three times are day are also difficult for me to remember. Other than those, this is a very effective drug.

Related Reading: remicade | humira | insomnia

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 31

asacol,entocort for 12 months never really was effective within one week colazal elimanated all my symptoms,diarrehea,bleeding,urgentecny

Related Reading: asacol | entocort | colazal

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Had colitis for 35 years on & off. Periods of flareups was significantly increasing as I got older. After Knocking out the last flareup with steroids - have been taking 8 of these a day for 3 years. No more flareups & colonoscopy shows "normal" colon.

Related Reading: colitis

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I switched from asacol and I have been taking this medicine for 2 years (9 pills a day) It took awhile to get used to taking 9 whopping pills every day, but I never noticed any side effects, and have only had one minor flare up. Unfortunately, I am now experiencing a flare-up that is not responding to large doses of prednisone. Time to try something new for me.

Related Reading: asacol | prednisone

Comment from: Marcie, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 12

Thanks to this medication it has put my Crohns disease in remission.

Comment from: Master1, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 05

Ulcerative colitis episodes were becoming increasing frequent with aging. Would take this along with cortisone enimas to get into remission. However, after latest flreup two years ago have been on 8 pills/day & one enima a week. Colonoscopy says my colon is normal - amazing.

Related Reading: cortisone

Comment from: BUTTS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

taking the medicine was very easy with a glass of water.Four pill's three times a day, that's all there is to it

Comment from: Cali, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 22

I have had UC for almost 14 years. I took Asacol for 13 of those years. About a year ago my doctor suggested the generic of Colozal. It is cheaper so that was nice. I only take it at bedtime, 3 pills. I did the same with the asacol. If I notice slight flare ups I was told I could take more so I do that occasionally. About once a year I seem to have a flare up that I can't control so I use the Rowasa enemas for 3 weeks...

Related Reading: asacol | rowasa

Comment from: victor, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 10

Very glad to find a generic. This pill has been a god send for me. Used to take asacol. The only problem I have is I can't swallow the pills because of a bout of throat cancer. I have to open the pills and mix it with something. I still will stay with this med rather than going back to asacol.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: JW, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 05

Exceeded my expectations

Comment from: Babs63, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 23

This medication works very fast, however, taking the dose of 9 pills X 750 mg seemed a bit of an overkill. Gave me a slight sore throat. I have good perscription drug coverage and this still was expensive.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: sophis, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 15

have not had any noticeable side effects taking this medicaiton.

Comment from: [email protected], 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 10

I have ulcerative colitis.I have been taking Colazal for a long time (couple of years) Does it become ineffective after using for such a long time? I have been having attacks of colitis while taking Colazal. Advise.

Related Reading: colazal

Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment See Slideshow
Comment from: babiesgandt, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

stopped symptoms in 4 days, started at 9 pills per day. took 2 years to work down to 1 per day and finally o now. really did the job!

Comment from: Toby66, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 11

I am having a hard time taking 9 pills daily. Losing a lot of my hair, not sure if this is a side effect or not. Have consulted MD, so far he has not heard of any one else with that problem. Not sure if drug is helping yet as I have only been on it a short time and am not consistent with doseage.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I take this medicine 1 pill in the morning and two at night. This is a pretty low dose I have heard, but it works well. I have been on this for 7 years and I am 20 years old. I haven't had any flare ups, or bad side effects. The only ones are: I bruise easily, some insomnia, and maybe a bit of joint pain. I have recently in the past year had hair loss on the top of my scalp. This could be from stress too. It doesn't regulate the abdominal pail or frequent bowel movements when I get stressed, but that is something that I need to control by relaxing and not freaking out.

Related Reading: insomnia | hair loss | stress

Comment from: ladydi, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 12

after taking colazal I have improvement.My doctor first prescribed 6 pills a day but this did not work so he put me on 9 pills which helped my condition a lot,but since taking the medicine I have not be sleeping good I only had about 4 hours in the last 2days.I do not want to stop taking the medicine but I have to get some sleep.So what do I do now?

Related Reading: colazal