Colchicine

Published: March 13

I have FMF and have been on Colchicine for over 4 years now and its a miracle pill. I don't know what I would do without it. It has given me NO side effects!!Very inexpensive and easy to swallow...

Comment from: Loving Husband25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 10

Wife given up to 8 .6 mg per day for constipation.After 2nd hospitalzation for Pneumonia she died. Could not find reason until I reshearched this med. Gary Ebbs

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 04

I HAVE FMF AND FIND THIS TREATMENT WONDERFUL.

Comment from: barbb65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 31

Elbow pain from pseudogout totally disappeared after treatment and did not re-occur for many months.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 30

Within the first week I started taking colchicine (.6 mg 2X daily), I no longer had the fevers I had been experiencing from FMF. They have not reappeared since I have been on the drug. I had some digestive upset in the first few months, but as I've grown accustomed to taking the medicine regularly, that has gone away.

Comment from: LINDA35-44on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 09

I WAS BORN WITH FMF DZ AND I STARTED TAKING COLCHINE ABOUT 23 YEARS AGO. AS LONG AS I AM TAKING THIS MED I DON'T GET ANY ATTACKS OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE ALL THE ATTACKS OF FMF IS THERE. FEVER,SWELLING,BREATHING PROBLEM,STOMACHAE....

Comment from: hvsm35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 20

My pain is so much improved since starting the colchicine. I have taken it 2-3 times per day for probably the last 7 years. It makes a huge difference in my daily comfort level. Yearly blood tests are done to make sure my liver and kidneys are functioning properly. Benefits far outweigh side effects.

Comment from: mollyopp45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 11

I have psorsis in my hand and fingers and elbows

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 16

Comment from: sceptic65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 02

pleural effussion from cabg surgery. controls inflamation to allow furosamide to eliminate fluid from my lung. one year after surgery and this problem persist. cabg has left me with effussion and hyper ethesia (hyper sensitivity to the slightest touch or pain) quality of life after cabg is poor. cabg as an absolute last resort. heart seems fine. body damaged.

Comment from: Ann35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 21

My pain was better within an hour after taking med for the first time.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 03

Comment from: female55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 20

NOT used for gout,but for hypotonic bowel,due to side effect of diarrhea. Along with other meds it has helped me with this condition fairly well after some adjustments of dosage.

Comment from: anvari55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 22

35 years that i take colchicine every day 0,5 mg,now i have gallbladder contracted,but the drug is helpful for preventing pain and vomitng.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 08

I started taking Colchicine almost a year ago for FMF. It took me a while to figure out a dose that worked for me, right now I'm taking two 0.6mg pills a day. I have severe side effects such as severe diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. But anyone who really needs this medication and anyone this medication helps will tell you that the side effects are worth it. FMF attacks are unbearable. There were so many times I wanted to die just to stop the pain, but with Colchicine I don't have as many attacks and I feel better on a day to day basis. I take Phenergan and Lomotil for the nausea/vomiting and diarrhea, so I'm fine taking Colchicine. Hope this helps.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 20

Swelling has improved drastically, still having fevers and pain. Stomach has been nauseated since starting the medication but swelling for sure is way down.

Comment from: 13-18 Published: May 24

Comment from: peteingilroy55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 25

I have had gout in my big toe 4 times now. Previously, I just rode it out. This time (after the 3rd day of intense pain) I took Colchicine (.6 mg), starting with 2 pills and then took 8 more pills over the next 24 hrs or so. My pain is almost 80% gone and the swelling in my foot is almost gone. And I bet it is completely gone in the next 2 days. This is far better than riding out the full 10-14 days of pain. Next time I will definitely start this therapy at the first sign of gout. I had absolutely no side effects (at least not yet....I just took my lat pill) and it has been about 28 hours.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 05

I am taking it to help prevent psoriasis

Comment from: joyce25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 26

my motherin law took this medicine for the treatment of inflammation in toes and feet due to Sacoidisis and it DID NOT work at all for her Her doctor told her to take it (0.6mg.)daily and it just made her sick

Comment from: John25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 22

I was put on this medication to treat familial mediterranean fever. Within one hour I began feeling results. It's been a miracle for me. I did not experience and negative side effects. I take 1.2mg daily.

Comment from: aska35-44on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 12

many peripheral neuropathy symptoms after a long treatment

Comment from: RJNTroutdale25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 27

I have SAPHO SYNDROME... CHRONIC inflammation/joint pain. Knees, ankles, wrists, L5, ribcage, shoulders & sternum all attacked by this rare, auto immune, arthritic disease.. Colchicine is the only medication other than NOT SO FRIENDLY narcotics to give me any sort of relief. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY & ALL, WITH INFLAMMATION AILMENTS!Started working for me within 12 hours. (one 0.6 mg tablet/day).

Comment from: Emaldo65nj35-44 Published: September 30

It has relived my gout during attacks

Comment from: 75 or over Published: July 29