CombiPatch

Comment from: Yukon45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 27

Stays on for entire 3-4 days/week. Helped with emotions, sleeping, headaches

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: September 05

Comment from: Nancy65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 28

I have used this for 15 years successfully inhibiting hot flashes. I donâ??t have any problems with the patches adhering and I wear them for a whole week. I had some bleeding so have backed down to 1/2 patch a week which is enough for me. The company has terrible customer support and would not replace the 2 defective patches I got which did not adhere. They are ridiculously expensive.

Comment from: JWB45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 16

Used the patch for nearly three years. Worked on the hot flashes. They stopped completely. Unfortunately, it caused periods (heavy) every two weeks and cramps the entire two weeks before the period. I've been off the patch for about two months now and the hot flashes have returned. Seeing another doctor in a few weeks for some help!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 06

Comment from: Cancer patient55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 14

I developed breast cancer after being on this drug for almost 3 years. There is no other breast cancer in my family and genetic testing proved that the cancer was not from a genetic mutation. three of my cancer doctor's said the cancer was because I was on the Combipatch. According to Noven's label, the risks of breast cancer are very minimal. Don't believe it. If you are taking this drug, get off of it and get your yearly mammogram. My cancer could not be felt from from self exams. Please don't take this risk.I know how bad menopause can be, but cancer is so much worse.

Related Reading: breast cancer | cancer | combipatch

Comment from: Pebbles45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 18

Was given this to help with hot flashes, mood changes, irritability etc. for those who say patch wonâ??t stay on-apply immediately after bathing when skin is clean and dry. Otherwise use alcohol to swab area clean, dry completely, then apply. I swim daily in our pool and have to peel the patches off when theyâ??re due to be removed. Have had success with patch thus far and would recommend.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: EAngel 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 19

Ladies use some 3M Nexcare gentle paper tape to help the patches stick. It works for me :). Iâ??m 55 and have been experiencing server hot flashes, night sweats, virginal dryness and everything else that goes along with menopause. For the last two months they had me on Climara patch but because I have my uterus and ovaries they switch me to the Combi patchâ??s. The climara had me feeling wonderful instantly now that Iâ??m on these new patches not sure. Feels like I want to have a hot flash and my legs feel heavy. Iâ??m hoping this will go away. I also woke with a headache this morning. But this is so much better than living in â??Eruptionvilleâ??. God bless ladies.

Related Reading: hot flashes | night sweats | menopause

Comment from: TerriXG45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 05

Was prescribed this for menopause/low estrogen; however I carry extra weight in my abdomen region - as such, I've had difficulty with the patch sticking. In addition, it's very expensive - my Rx doesn't fully cover it so my co-pay is $160 for 8 patches; lastly, I get consistently get a severe migraine 36 to 42 hours within applying a patch.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 01

I, too, have been on and off the patch. I tried it and hated the red itchiness of the patch, even after I take it off, the spot itches and is red for a week. I tried estrogen gel for a year, but it didn't work as well and I needed to use progesterone. So, recently, I went back on Combipatch. It's been 2 weeks. It works well for menopause symptoms, but the red itchiness drives me crazy. I put up with it because the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. I wish there were something I could put on topically to ease it all. I don't want to give it up. Any ideas?

Related Reading: combipatch | menopause

Comment from: Bunny55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 13

Love this combi patch. Felt immediate relief within a week from hot flashes, irritable. Noticed weight gain due to feeling hungry all the time. Cut the patch in half which is much better. Working on my diet habits to lose the weight. Overall it is a winner!

Comment from: Users55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 22

I have been used it for 3 months , start heavy bleeding like periods. My doctor told me to stop using pills.

Comment from: Hopeysum3845-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 13

It works but the problem is that it wont stay on so i have to use another one . They are expensive and i cant afford for them to keep coming off the same day that o put one o .

QUESTION

If menopause occurs in a woman younger than ___ years, it is considered to be premature. See Answer