Coreg CR

Comment from: sbgamartin, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

I was taking DiovanHCT 320mg with Amilodipine and my BP's were 160-185/100-115. I no longer take the Amilodipine. I take Coreg CR 80mg and my BP's are down in normal range and my heart rate is finely under 90 bpm.

Related Reading: coreg cr

Comment from: gemweight, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

Day to day my heart rate and Blood pressure readings are all over the chart even though my lifestyle is somewhat sedentary. I am 72. Doctor changed me from 50mg Toprol xl to Coreg cr 10mg because my pulse rate was typically high 40's. Quadruple bypass very successful in 2002. Retired in 2005. I work out about 30 minutes on treadmill twice a week and 20 on weight machines. I have not been working out since changing medication.

Related Reading: toprol xl | coreg cr

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 24

Coreg CR did lower my heart rate so that my heart no longer raced on occasion. However, my blood pressure did not go down. The side effects of complete lethargy to the point of just wanting to sit or sleep all day and a complete lack of sex drive made this medication a nightmare. Just switched to Bystolic and after only 1 week have tons more energy.

Published: September 01

I had a really hard time sleeping while taking this med, and I was so spaced out during the day that I could barely function (office job). I also became pretty deeply depressed, which may have been a byproduct of my exhaustion and spaciness. In all, this is the worst medication I've ever taken. My doctor switched me to Bystolic with an alpha blocker in the evening, which has been equally effective treating my high blood pressure, but with minimal side effects.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

this drug was presribed in conjunction with hydrochlrothiziade(water pill).after 24-36 hours i had extreme cramping in my hands,calves & feet. i also had awful mood changes and was nervous and combative with depression.i stopped the water pill which relieved the cramping but the other symptons remained until i stopped taking the coreg; 12-24 hours after stopping i had severe headaches and heavy pressure in my chest with back pain. AFTER ABOUT 24 HOURS I WAS BACK ALMOST TO NORMAL.

Related Reading: depression | coreg

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

Extremely fatigued, dizzy and lightheaded. Was taking 10 mg once daily. Dr. swears by this medicine but it is not for me. Couldnt pay me to take again. Glad it works for some.

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 29

Along with the other Reviewer, I, too, was on Toprol-XL and I had so many side effects it would kill me. Switched to Coreg-CR 20-mg. Have only taken for 5-days now so hard to rate, but I think it might work out. None of the "Reviewers" state their "mg" usage, and that is important to know !

Related Reading: coreg

Comment from: mongoosec, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 24

I have taken coreg since 1996 after a heart attack. This along with Altace keeps my bp under control.

Related Reading: heart attack | altace

Comment from: qaqs9000, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

Didn't work for me at all. My blood pressure increased and my heart rate jumped almost 40 beats per min. I was a patient using Metoprolol and it worked well except for fatigue issues.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I have been on Coreg CR since 2005 after quadruple by-pass surgery. I als take Norvasc 5mg. and Losartin 100mg. per day along with the Coreg. Have progressive worsening of pain in muscle and joints, numbness and pain and tinglinging in legs and feet. Would like to know if this drug or combinations of drugs I take could be giving me these symptoms.

Related Reading: coreg cr | norvasc | coreg

Comment from: cjgolden, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 25

My doctor has tried me on several different BP meds, but this one seems to have more side effects than the others. I am unable to sleep, have increased appetite, thirst, exhaustion. Working now to get off this stuff!

Comment from: rmgfrog, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

feel dizzie when this time release med. kicks in. heart rate went up to 166 over 104. Thought i was a gonner. Whent to er and they found noting wrong. Told me to ask family doc. for advise on this use. I might go back to enalapril 10 mg. This coreg is also 10 m.g.

Related Reading: enalapril | coreg

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 27

Coreg made me a diabetic. Stop the pill and the diabeties problems will go away in 4 to 6 months.

Comment from: R.N.17mo.Breast ca surv., 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 27

lventricular damage with 36% ejection Mar.2007)fractionsequeling from Herceptin Tx.x6(NOv2007-MAr2007) LAstEJ on 7/31/07 was 42% prior to starting Coreg-Cr 10mg,O.D.Aug [email protected] present managing on 40mg/da with Diovan 160mg/da/Less fatigue.More energy & active,but must rest more frequently. Take vitamins daily+green & white tea with honey.b/prange 100/58-152/90.Ihavesinus probs.that may contribute to b/p;I take flonase 2 sprays twice daily.

Related Reading: herceptin | diovan | fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

I ALSO HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED COZAAR ALONG WITH COREG.

Related Reading: cozaar | coreg

Comment from: joann, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 23

wakes me up at different times at night never get thru sleep and also is making my hair come out,cannot handle this

Comment from: bprep, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 13

I have carpels tunnel, while on this drug, I could not bend my hands, I could not pick up anything, very intense pain, I could barely lift my hands, I love the makers of the drug, I worked for them for 10 years, however this drug is not for me.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 18

can feel it when medicine releases feels like a hot rush i go and take blood pressure and it can be 110 over 56

Comment from: Freddel, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 19

Coreg has been ineffective in controlling my BP. Another possible reason for taking it is to prevent recurrence of atrial fibrillation. My a-fib was controlled with an ablation. Side effects of the medication have been dizziness, sedation, sleepiness,and loss of mental acuity. In my opinion the side effects outweigh any possible benefits.

Related Reading: atrial fibrillation | dizziness

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 14

This med was prescribed due to hypertension and to lower heart rate and strain on heart. I took 40MG along with Exforge and HCTZ. My heart responded well with BP and heartrate at very acceptable rates, sometimes below ideal. Side effects were not constant but several showed up. Tiredness and sleepiness were constant. Woke up at least twice per night. Had heavy feeling in legs when exercising. Had occasional dizzinesss and a sort of spaced out feeling. Most unusual side effect was profuse sweating. Very pleased with the control of BP and heartrate but side effects are annoying to say the least. Have changed to Bystolic oral and hope for fewer side effects.

Related Reading: exforge

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

no change in my prerasure, plus my feet swell up and i believe all my joints ache and i yhink it's from this drug, i have an appt with my dr. on the27th. to let him know about my side affects

Comment from: dpsasso, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 12

No problems or effects.

Comment from: sandie24, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

20mg.is good for me.I am sleepy for about 2 hours after. then I am O.K. for the rest of the day. Very easy to take, one tab. a day.

Comment from: LFreeway, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 11

experience with shortness of breath when walking and fluid retention in legs and feet

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 25

weight gain dizziness fatigued headaches

Related Reading: dizziness