Cosopt

Comment from: TinaL, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

I don't like cosopt. Not all the time but sometimes the blurred vision is really bad. It seems like if you are physically moving around and doing things the blurred vision is worst. I have taken another drop, Xlatan at night and that drop is wonderful but after a complicated eye surgery the pressure in my eyes got worst and I'm now taking tree different drops for the pressure. Cospt is my least favorite.

Related Reading: cosopt

Comment from: birdman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

My pressures were in the upper 20s while on Xalatan alone. The doctor prescribed Cosopt in addition, and after a month I am down to 18 in both eyes. The only issues I've had are mild and occasional and include eye stinging for a few moments after application and a slight bitter taste in the back of my throat.

Related Reading: xalatan | cosopt

Comment from: Mississippi410, 75 or over on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 27

i have been using this product for several years. Great results.

Comment from: jezzika, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 20

Eye poressure had increazsed from 13p-14 to 17 ansd my Opthomologist prescribed this. In about a week and a half my eye pressure was back down to 13 ans 14 again. I have continued to use this and it seems to be working satisfactorialy.

Comment from: smitti458wznyb, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 06

blurred vision is very annoying. I spent $$$on medical testing for tia's but I feel the blurred vision was from the medication.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 26

I have back pain I believe is caused by Cosorpt. stopped using it for several days and back pain imrroved.I have been taking this midicene for several years.

Comment from: gil, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

just started taking after four operations for eye injury- i believe i wasn't putting in the eye drops right untill i looked at info on web mdHow to use Cosopt Opht Read the Patient Information Leaflet provided by your pharmacist before you start using timolol/dorzolamide and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions regarding the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist. This medication is for use in the eye(s), usually one drop in the affected eye(s) 2 times a day, or as directed by your doctor. To apply eye drops, wash your hands first. To avoid contamination, do not touch the dropper tip or let it touch your eye or any other surface. Some products contain a preservative that may be absorbed by contact lenses. If you are using a product with a preservative and you wear contact lenses, remove the lenses before using the eye drops. Wait at least 15 minutes before putting in your contact lenses. Tilt your head back, look upward and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch. Hold the dropper directly over your eye and place one drop in your eye. Look downward and gently close your eyes for 1 to 2 minutes. Place one finger at the corner of your eye (near the nose) and apply gentle pressure. Try not to blink and do not rub your eye. This will prevent the medication from draining out. Repeat these steps for your other eye if so directed. Do not rinse the dropper. Replace the dropper cap after each use. If you are using another kind of eye medication (e.g., drops or ointments), wait at least 10 minutes before applying other medications. Use eye drops before eye ointments to allow the eye drops to enter the eye. Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same times each day. It is important to continue using this medication even if you feel well. Most people with glaucoma or high pressure in the eyes do not feel sick. What conditions does Cosopt Opht treat?

Related Reading: timolol | glaucoma

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 23

The drug has reduced my pressure from 50 to 18, so I am happy about that; however, the blurred vision is difficult. This drug combined with Pilocarpine is not fun.

Comment from: qoz38d, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

Seems as though my eyesight has diminished using this product although it has helped decrease my eye pressure from 20-22 down to 13-15.

Comment from: faze64, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 24

these eyedrops made me very sick- migraines, eye pain (nerve pain) high blood pressure, confusion

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: ljrebel, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

The individual plastic packs are difficult to use. If you squeeze too hard all liquid comes in one drop; too soft the liquid gathers into one drop. Some vials had No liquid at all. The fear of losing out an application with each use is not worth the risk.

Comment from: I, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 11

Eyes burn after drops applied

Comment from: legman, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have leg pain that could be from this drug.