Cosopt

Comment from: ljrebel65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 05

The individual plastic packs are difficult to use. If you squeeze too hard all liquid comes in one drop; too soft the liquid gathers into one drop. Some vials had No liquid at all. The fear of losing out an application with each use is not worth the risk.

Comment from: Jerald75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

The container is not made right. It is too hard to open. Sometimes the liquid comes out as you twist off the top. Sometimes there is not enough liquid in the container. It stings a lot when you put in the liquid. I almost think I will faint. I don't know yet how it is working on lowering my pressure readings. The packaging is definitely no good. It costs too much.

Comment from: Leendawoman 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 12

Cosopt is incredibly effective. My pressure was as high as 40 due to many surgeries for uveal melanoma and subsequent complications. 2xday brought pressure to 11. However after about 5 months I became increasingly forgetful & confused to the point were I was crying almost daily seriously fearful that I had early onset dementia. I’m 58 F with no family history of dementia. My son suggested going through my meds. I did & suspected this eye drop for reasons too long to write here. I remembered the eye doctor mentioning that Timolol, one of the ingredients in Cosopt, could cause systemic side effects such as low blood pressure if it was allowed to drain from the tear duct into the throat which was the route for absorption into the bloodstream. To avoid this one could simply block the tear duct by applying light pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 2-3 min after instilling the drop. I tried this and after about 4 days my head began to clear considerably & my short term memory began to return. It has been about 1 month since I began religiously practicing punctual occlusion (pressure to block drops from going down tear duct) I am cured of my “dementia”. This is really important because a lot of older people take these drops for glaucoma & this side effect could easily be overlooked due to the person’s age. Family may be thinking they are demented due to old age when in fact they may be suffering an easily preventable side effect of a common medicine. Please consider this if you or a loved one is experiencing confusion or forgetfulness while using this drug because there’s a simple fix. Also note that for me this devastating side effect took several months to manifest itself so it wasn’t obvious to me that this was the cause of my sudden mental decline. Here’s a link to punctal occlusion fyi https://www.registerednursern.com/eye-drop-administration-with-punctal-occlusion/

Related Reading: cosopt | melanoma | dementia