Cubicin

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 06

The side effects were more than I could handle: extreme muscle pain/weakness, severe fluid retention, and elevated hypertension.

Comment from: Jean25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 15

this treatment has worked exceptionally well for me. the only problem i've had was diaherria.

Comment from: tbr55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 02

During 1st two weeks, I had problems with nausea and fatigue. Since then I have had no side effects and I am feeling a lot better. I will be taking Cubicin for a long time due to having MRSA in a septic joint in my knee.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 15

Only on day 16 of treatment with this. Have 28 more to go. So far so good. Bone infection in my thumb. Was allergic to rocephin and vancomycin. The only adverse reaction so far is diarrhea. X-ray after 2nd week of surgery showed no signs of bone infection.

Comment from: roxy's gram55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 29

Was on both cubicin and cefepime iv for 7 weeks. Not a good experience. sick all the time. don't eat eggs. Made me extremely sick. still weak and become nauseated easily. chills and fever still persist. blood test showed infection gone. but wound still has drainage. just made me to sick. had allergic reaction to meds. rash and swelling of hands to where my skin is now peeling cracking on my fingers.and face. not a good experience at all.Lips are also all cracked and peeling.

Comment from: Ladehawk55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 13

I'm into my fourth week of IV treatment. Although I'm having several of the side effects-headaches, diarrhea, fever and chills, increased muscle and back pain, weakness, breathing problems... Even with all of this, I am healing well. Quicker than with Vancomyicin. I don't like being on either of these IV therapies, but what are ya gonna do? The side effects with both are bad. I guess it's a small price to pay for keeping my foot though.

Comment from: ouch55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 07

IV into my PICC line. There was some muscle weakness, but not much.

Comment from: Psychokitty45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 06

Had a antibiotic resistant staph infection in my sinuses. Doctor had me get a PICC line and I treated myself every day with Cubicin. I made sure to take Digestive Advantage every day (double dose 1 in am and 1 pm). The only side effects I had were extreme fatigue and I never wanted to eat. Lost 10 pounds over 4 weeks. Other than the fatigue and lack of appetite I had no other issues.

Comment from: JPHeals5555-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 06

I am in my 6th week of using the drug and I have experienced three main side effects. Two out of three don't really bother me, those being slight diarrhea and an itchy scrotum. The third one is one that I have never found mentioned in my researching the drug. That one is hair loss. I look in the mirror every morning and can't belief how thin my hair has gotten on the top of my head. For God's sake, I hope the heck it grows back.

Comment from: SWRW25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 26

This was given to my son after Vancomycin very, very slow drip for a staph infection that was in his blood and incision (deep). Other broad spectrum antibiotics are off the table for my son - he's allergic to most of them. The only problem that I see that he encountered (he cannot speak), was that his hair was falling out...like a lot of hair falling out. His pillow was covered as well as it being on his chest and clearly noticeable when looking at his head. He was on the antibiotic IV for approx. 1 week and then put on doxycycline (oral).

Comment from: Memphisbelle13055-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 16

I have MRSA. I am on day 50 of a 55 day treatment. I am having cold sweats, I am tired and there is a lot of pain in my legs. I thought it was from my spinal surgery, but now I am not sure. I am feeling sick to my stomach a lot.I have no idea if this stuff is working or not. All I know for sure is I am glad I am almost done, because the longer I take it, the sicker I am getting.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 14

I received 7 days of I.V. Cubicin. Was extremely fatigued, dizzy and nauseated. Also need to report vivid, strange dreams. It did, however, clear up the skin infection caused by Strep from a spider bite very effectively.

Comment from: Healed45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 12

I acquired an infection in my right foot traveling up to my knee after clearing away bouganvillia cuttings. The thorns are toxic and can result in the affects of an ant bite up to cardiac arrest. I almost had my right leg amputated below the knee until a wound care doctor prescribed cubicin. Five weeks of other antibiotics and stays in three hospitals were not effective. In 3 days cubicin cleared the infection.It was followed by a week of inconvenient IV therapy that tookcare of the problem. Bless this doctor! ( I think I paid for their BMW's.)

Comment from: rxorcist35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 10

had spinal abcess and rocephin treatment failed and resulted in more surgery. This seems to be keeping the infection away but I have muscle cramps, difficulty sleeping and although I lost weight with the initial therapy I am gaining weight now even though I eat so much less than I used to because the cubicin leaves a nasty taste in my mouth,...

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 22

I was diagnosed with MRSA in the sinus.Have been administering IV infusions of Cubicin daily for 6 weeks through a PICC line. Infection is much improved. Will continue for another 2 weeks. Only side effect is fatigue which probably also linked to the infection. I tried oral antibiotics for 10 weeks prior to the infusion therapy - each oral antibiotic would work for a few days and then the infection worsened. At this time I am feeling much better and would opt for this type of treatment if ever an infection of this type occurred again.

Comment from: crystal45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 27

have been on this IV drug, now for 8 days, so far no problems, it is being used to treat my heavy case of MRSA

Comment from: pattyshec45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 03

Using this antibiotic with another to combat infection

Comment from: 55-64 Published: February 14

took for 6 days caused muscle soreness in knees first couple days then spread to shoulder and back. bad reaction

Comment from: hjm4745-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 09

extreme lack of energy, plus nausia most of the time, not too difficult to administer, but didn't like having to change the needle/dressing every week, or having labs drawn.

Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions See Slideshow