Cuprimine

Comment from: Jerry S65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 25

This medication was used in 1975 as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. I failed on gold salt shots and this was the next medication to try. It caused total kidney failure and I was hospitalized. I was told there was nothing they could do and sent me home. I was told my kidneys would regenerate on my own, or I will die. After a week or so of being miserable, and gaining weight from water retention(could not urinate)I finally got the urge to pee. And pee I did for almost an hour. It was clear not yellow. 45 minutes later another long urination. My kidneys recovered and IK've had no problems since.

Related Reading: rheumatoid arthritis | kidney

Comment from: Rosie 465-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 30

Been on this med since 1966 for Wilsonâ??s disease. This medicine saved my life or I wouldnâ??t be here today to comment on this period. I was beyond almost gone when this medicine was still in the experimental stage .. But Iâ??m here today to write about it... thank God!!!