Cymbalta

Comment from: Alley 267on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 11

I was in an accident 3 months ago. I had extreme pain and finally I found a doctor who listened to me. After my accident and my lower buttocks legs and heels I could hardly move not including all the neck problems I had the first wee.k I felt some flu symptoms however one day I woke up and I have to say it made me 75% better I just got increased from 30 to 60 it seems like I might have some of the side effects. I first had my body a little flu like feeling, in my mind a little foggy, however if you're really taking this for nerve pain I would suggest this to anyone it has helped me more than anything. Starting next month I'm going to wean off of the narcotic pain pill I've taken 3 months all the bad reviews on most scared me from me but I tried. I bought cymbalta here http://health-care-24h.com. Maybe my review helpes someone too.

Related Reading: flu | cymbalta

Comment from: Linda0000045-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 19

Cymbalta/duloxetine has been very effective in reducing my peripheral nerve pain, but the drug comes with many side effects. Those that I'm aware I've encountered that are attributable to this drug, order of impairment include: insomnia, excessive sweating, picking, constipation, dry mouth. The drug also has harsh side effects/withdrawals when increasing/decreasing dosage. For me, they lasted about 2 months and included severe exhaustion, diarrhea, significant bloating & very stinky flatulence. In the time I've been on cymbalta for peripheral nerve pain, I have worked hard at improving my health overall (some metrics include having lost 80lbs, reduced a1c from 6.0 to 5.5), and in the interest of better overall health (especially improving my ability to sleep) I have weaned off Cymbalta. I am fortunate that with my improved overall health, and careful monitoring of my diet and exercise, my foot pain is manageable now without the drug. I am not without pain, but when considering ALL effects of the drug, I am better off, now, without it. Happy day!!

Related Reading: cymbalta | duloxetine | insomnia

Comment from: Doodlebug55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 22

I was prescribed this drug for fibromyalgia. I stopped taking it after 6 weeks. It caused more pain in both joint and muscle. I wasn't able to take it in morning cause it made me sick to my stomach so I took it at night. I was still sick all day, still suffered more pain and I had a headache all day. When I talked to my doctor about it she wanted to up my dose from 30mg to 60mg. I did do that for about 3 days with no different results. The final blow was when I started getting sharp pains in my right leg.. At that point I thought enough was enough. I stopped taking it all together. I still felt the effects of the drug for about a week after stopping but I'm headache free now and feel better. I must say that it did level my mood swings I just wish there wasn't the side effects.. It didn't help with my fibromyalgia

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | headache

Comment from: theresa52235-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 15

I absolutely HATE, HATE!, this drug!!!! I have been on it since 2013 and the DR who prescribed it ever warned me of how hard it would be to withdraw from. Two Neurologist I have seen have both expressed how much they dislike this drug. Well I completely understand now. Easy to use(until it stopped helping me)very easy to get addicted too, extremely hard to withdraw from. I would not wish no my mortal enemy to go through what I'm going through. Do not let anyone prescribe this drug to you. Nothing is worth going through what I'm going through.

Comment from: catlover65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 21

been taking between 20 & 30 mg. for about 6 mos. had hip surgery and suffered a pinced nerve Dr. put me on this for the nerve pain. I feel pretty good, actually my overall mental heath is good on this. no depression, anxiety is ok, no panic attacks so far. so on a whole I like this drug.I also take 1mg xanax at nite. Havent had the serious side effects listed here so I guess I am lucky.

Related Reading: depression | anxiety | panic attacks

Comment from: rocket45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 13

Took 30 mg for 8 weeks, been on 60 for last 4 weeks. Incredible improvement in anxiety and depression, very seldom have either now. 30 was good but 60 is better. Take 30 at 8 am and noon to avoid sleeping issues. Side effects at first (dry mouth, insomnia, decreased libido) but all decreased or went away entirely after a few weeks. Advise to eat healthy diet and limit caffeine and alcohol, your side effects will be minimum. Sorry that this drug doesn't help everyone, for me it's been dramatic change for the better.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | dry mouth

Comment from: Carrie25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 14

I started on 30mg daily, then went to 60mg daily. I loved it. I didn't even realized I was depressed until I wasn't anymore. It didn't help with my pain, but it got me off the couch. I was constantly on the move, getting stuff done. Then I basically became narcoleptic. I would literally fall asleep in an instant, no matter what I was doing. On the phone with a client at work, or even talking with a client face to face. STANDING in front of the dryer to fold clothes, fell asleep and almost fell. I was falling asleep so much at work that I started to worry about getting fired. I went down to 20mg, still falling asleep, and at that dose, I was no longer getting any benefit from it. Pretty bummed about it. Sucks to feel so great again, and then have it taken away. I'm starting on Effexor today, but I'm so nervous with the reviews I've read.

Related Reading: effexor

Comment from: Jnetg55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 20

I feel like cymbalta has saved my life. I feel better than I have ever felt. Taking it with Wellbutrin and trazadone. I hope I never get some of the bad side effects, but if I do I will still be thankful for the life it has given me now. So sorry to hear that it doesn't work for everyone.

Related Reading: cymbalta | wellbutrin

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 16

This is my first time taking this and it has definitely helped with anxiety and depression. I was previously on Paxil and I still take Wellbutrin. I'm shocked to read how much this doesn't work for people.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | paxil

Comment from: AvoidCymbaltaUnlessFinalDesperation45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 06

I was desparate for anything to help my MDD and Anxiety that resulted from an abusive 15 year marriage and took Cymbalta for about 2 months. It wasnâ??t making any difference and then I experienced the formerly unknown horror of brain zaps. At times I felt like I was floating just off the mattress! Iâ??ve always been physically healthy so this was far worse and scarier than any mental â??challengeâ? I was having. Then I tried to quit. Nightmare thatâ??s a blur now of several days, little sleep, and feelings I can only describe as messed up. Thankfully, I found someoneâ??s review online that described how to ween off of it successfully. Each dose, you remove 3 more beads than previously removed from the capsule. It worked and Iâ??ll never view Rx drugs the same. Unless youâ??re facing the alternative of a life of hell without any other hope, stay away from Cymbalta, is my strong advice. If you take it, understand that it will own you and new problems you never imagined when become your norm. Can you tell I feel lucky to have found a way off? By the way, turned out I had developed Complex PTSD from my experiences and was ultimately helped only by EMDR after 7 years of seeking help from expensive psychiatrists and psychologists with no noticeable change. Highly recommend it though totally surprised it actually worked. I have a functional life now, off of Social Security Disability finally, and working full time for a year now with bonuses from my performance after being unable to hold a job for the first time in my life over 9 years.prior to now. Really want to be able to help others who are where I was.

Related Reading: anxiety | cymbalta

Comment from: hispanic55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 10

Comment from: Ann25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 15

Excellent results with Cymbalta on 30mg once each night. Burning pain reduced some 80%. Does generate dreams, but not uncomfortable dreams. This is the first medicine that helped. Side effects too great with Neurontin; felt little to no effect with Lyrica.I bought Cymbalta here http://health-care24h.com/catalog/Anxiety/Cymbalta.htm Maybe my review helpes someone too.

Related Reading: cymbalta | neurontin | lyrica

Comment from: dudexx35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 25

lbp

Comment from: Chay65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 20

I was almost bedridden for 24 years with Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and Bipolar Disorder. I tried many drugs over the years and was hospitalized many times. I started using medical marijuana and began to feel better. My doctor suggested stopping the marijuana and trying Cymbalta. Wow! I have returned to work part-time in a job where I am on my feet and walk 6-9 miles a shift. My bipolar is almost non-existent and I have lost 45 pounds. Miracle drug for me.

Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment See Slideshow
Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 01

I was started on Cymbalta for fibromyalgia.While I can honestly say it has helped me deal with my chronic pain better I can say it hasn't taken my pain away by any means.It has brought my pain from a 9 to a 7 on a pain scale of 1-10

Related Reading: cymbalta | fibromyalgia | chronic pain

Comment from: Very fortunate.65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 20

Fibromyalgia symptoms disappeared. Feel like I got my life back!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: Olivia's Gammy35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 01

I took this medication for 2 months then stopped for 3 week, I noticed that I was a lot more vocal and mean without it. This medication helps me be calm and let things ride that I can not control.

Comment from: Ocd45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 10

I have been suffering from depression and ocd.my doc prescribed me 60 mg 15 days ago.Now i feel free from depression but still waiting some relief from ocd.i know it is early yet and there is nothing to do but waiting to see if it will work for ocd too.i hope it does.Cause i have heard some people getting rid of ocd with this drug....the side effect is a bit insomnia but i will take seroquel today for it.it is not big problem....

Related Reading: depression | insomnia | seroquel

Comment from: NayNay1245-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 28

For me, PROVIGIL is ALMOST like COCAINE but without the heart pounding anxiousness -like a milder version. Through the years, I've been prescribed Xanax, Paxil, Lexapro, Zoloft, Wellbutrin

Related Reading: provigil | cocaine | xanax

Comment from: Sissy45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 19

I was taking Celexa and all I did was cry. Lexpro was no matter. I also suffer with nerve pain, so my neurologist suggested Cymbalta. I truly can NEVER thank him enough!! I haven't cried in days and I'm aost to the point of saying what pain

Related Reading: celexa | cymbalta

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 24

I had major burning sensations over my legs and arms due to Fibromyalgia and I have been on this drug for over 10 yrs and the burning has not come back.

Comment from: Musicgrl12835-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 06

I have been on my second round of this treatment for approximately 2 years. Diagnosed with Type 2 Bipolar/GAD 20 years ago more more recently, Fibromyalgia and panic disorder. Cymbalta, for me, is the type of medicine that you don't notice actually working until you have to stop taking it. There have been a few hiccups with refills that has left me to going without for a week or two (I know you shouldn't quit cold turkey - I would try to space out what little I had left to avoid issues.) It didn't even click in my head why the muscle/joint pain returned, why I was back to crying, why I panicked every time I walked in a crowded store until I received my refill and was able to ease back on and everything was back to being at least manageable. I totally understand that this medication doesn't work for everyone and people experience different reactions but for me, the benefits completely outweigh the temporary (but mild) side effects. I had to give this plenty of time to work but it really does make life a bit easier.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia | cymbalta | hiccups

Comment from: DaisyD45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 14

Taken for dysthymia, a mild form of chronic depression. I slept night and day (on 60 mg) for the entire 16 days I was on it. It was the best hibernation ever, however, life is for the living. Will talk to my PCP about another antidepressant at my next appt Jan 2.

Related Reading: dysthymia | depression

Comment from: jrsq02gmail.com65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 06

Cymbalta replaced most of the drugs I was using for pain relief...I was taking an assortment of 8-12 drugs. It changed my outlook

Related Reading: cymbalta

Comment from: Screw you. 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 06

HORRIBLE MEDICATION! Ruined my life and my studies. Have passed out countless times, one of the last lost me my education because I didn't know why I had a syncople episode. So thanks so much after all the money I spent thinking it was helping me, but honestly saw no changes. Should have stopped taking it, but NO! You can't just stop taking it! I have every adverse reactions to this med listed. Am I the stupid one or are the creators of this "great medication" or just a bunch of assholes that got it on the market and used people. You can go to hell. You knew the major symptoms and yet I suffered way too long on it. Hope your mansions are beautiful, we can barely pay our mortgage. Thanks for absolutely nothing.

Comment from: Brooklynite5445-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 10

I would continue to stay far away from THIS and any other with similar ingredients. Poison to my system

Comment from: Mumwithout son19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

This drug KILLED my son. He died alone at home at age 23, after the specialist ignorantly increased his dosage. Since he was heat sensitive after suffering heat stroke 18month earlier, as divulges to the "doctor", he should NEVER have been using CYMBALTA/DULOXETINE.

Related Reading: heat stroke | cymbalta | duloxetine

Comment from: Dave M65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 11

Severe Neuropathic pain cause from chemo. Have tired feeling. No change to emotional state. Dry mouth

Related Reading: neuropathic pain | dry mouth

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 19

Comment from: AutumnRain35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 17

Iâ??m extremely happy with this medication and am surprised at all the negative reviews. My pain level was nearly constant for the last two years; at a 6 on my worst days and this has diminished it to almost nil. On top of that, I am sleeping better than I ever have. I am so grateful my doc offered it

Comment from: Cymbalta issue45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 03

I began Cymbalta and approx. 4 weeks in I began having diarrhea. I thought it was a virus and waited 10 days and then went to my doctor. I discussed with her the only change that I had was the Cymbalta. She didn't think that it was the cause and so I remained on the drug. 2 weeks later I still had the diarrhea so I was referred to a gastroenterologist. They did a colonoscopy and said it initially looked healthy. A week or so later they called me and told me that I had Lymphocytic Colitis. One of the first things she said to me was that she noticed I was on Cymbalta. I told her say nothing more because I was already in the middle of weaning myself off because I felt like it had to be the issue. She said yes they have found that it can cause this. So you think ok problem solved, but Lymphocytic Colitis cannot be cured. I am now under control but only because I take Budesonide 3mg daily. It was a miserable existence without it, and don't say why don't you try gluten free, or no dairy... I have tried it all. My 2nd opinion Gastroenterologist said, our patients with this have also tried everything, just take the pill. Why in an otherwise healthy person, exercise regularly eat healthy would it do this... I don't know but I am obviously not the only one!

Related Reading: cymbalta | diarrhea | colitis

QUESTION

What characterizes fibromyalgia? See Answer
Comment from: Storm Raven55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 30

I just started this medication for depression and pain. I have been on it a week and do not know if I should give it up. I feel a difference in pain but to early to see if it helps my depression. It leaves a weird taste in my mouth and leaves me with little to no energy. The last thing I need it to feel sedated. I am hoping these side effects will go away and the anti depression part kicks in soon.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: mj45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 09

Treated for fibromyalia and neuropathy (severe burning on tops of my hands that rendered me useless). This medication was a wonder drug for me. I was warned I might have severe reactions to it, but I ramped up slowly by dumping half of the capsule out initially and gradually increasing to a full capsule in a month. I have had some sexual side effects and sun sensitivity, but nothing bad enough to stop taking it.

Comment from: Sheera55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 15

I battled anxiety and depression for years and then developed neuropathy pain because of diabetes. I have experienced an overall relief from everything with no side effects that I am aware of , except when initially taking the medication. I take 60mg a day.

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | diabetes

Comment from: Dan1489545-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 11

I took 20mg 1x a day, I felt like I had an electrical shock running through my entire body. It is an awful feeling. Is this normal?

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 18

Should only be taken when all other options of normal course have been unsuccessful Don't jump right in. Make sure you read and understand side effects.

Comment from: searanger45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 11

Worst awful drug every. Given to counter the effects of Lyrica which will cause your emotions to be on your shirt sleeve. So I cry like my aunt Cora not a big deal. My sleep became abnormal I could fall asleep standing up. If I tried to stay awake I would twitch drop things like a cup of coffee or cigarette would go flying. I was completely dysfunctional the doctor drops my morphine level and increases Cymbalta it does nothing for my pain but once I stopped I got normal REM sleep again and feel much better. This drug should not be on the market! Was very difficult to get off from.

Related Reading: lyrica | morphine | cymbalta

Comment from: Scotlandfog 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: June 11

I�ve been prescribed Cymbalta since 2002 for Fibromyalgia but I found that it also helps greatly with my depression. That is until the generic brand came out and my insurance forced me to switch to it. I didn�t know what was wrong with me at first, I was irritable and then down right angry! After two weeks on it, I was constantly thinking of ways to kill my spouse! Then all of a sudden on day as I was semi rational I tried to figure out what changed. My spouse hadn�t! Then I realized it was the generic I was taking! I immediately called my doctor and told him how I was feeling and he of course said stop the generic and he�d prescribe the name brand Cymbalta again and write a letter to my insurance as why I needed to be on the name brand! After two weeks of taking Cymbalta again I felt like myself again! I take 60mg one time daily now. I used to be on 60mg twice a day but it destroyed my libido! So it was lowered. My Fibromyalgia makes me hurt of course but the Cymbalta helps a great deal. And although I have some down days they�re more situational than chronic depression. I don�t ever plan on stopping Cymbalta because it has helped me so greatly! As long as it�s the name brand.

Related Reading: cymbalta | fibromyalgia | depression

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 08

Was on it back in 2006 worked great for 2 yrs. went off it until 2 months ago. Dr put me on 30 msg 1x a day. Heart raced massive headaches, depression, couldnâ??t sleep worsened n if I forgot it the 3 TD day was hell. Then tried 20 msg n may not take all the depression away but feel somewhat better. Kills appetite which is a good thing but still feel depressed. IDK if this the rt drug for me but takes awhile get in your system fir full affect

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: lmp61955-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 02

My rheumatologist prescribed Cymbalta (30 mg capsule) to treat chronic pain from arthritis and fibromyalgia. I started taking the medication in the morning. I was nauseous within hours of taking the first dose. After approx. 1 week, I started experiencing a weird mental fogginess, malaise, and on/off/on sleepiness. Despite the sleepiness, I had insomnia at night, which exacerbated the sleepiness and malaise during the day. Other side effects were occasional intestinal upset and diarrhea, headaches, and dry mouth resulting in really foul bad breath that was unrelieved by tooth brushing or mouthwash. After a few weeks, I found myself not wanting to leave the house and did not have the energy or inclination to exercise, which is crucial for persons with arthritis. After about 5 weeks, I sent an e-mail to my rheumatologist explaining that I could no longer tolerate the medication. The dose was reduced to 30 mg every other day for 1 week, then I stopped completely. It's been about 3 weeks since stopping and I am still experiencing mild "withdrawal" symptoms. I have brief episodes that feel like my brain is being "shocked" - hard to describe the sensation. The other side effects are mostly gone, including breath so rancid that my husband couldn't sit next to me. I have noticed that my pain is slightly worse now, so the drug must have been "somewhat effective" in treating the pain. The small amount of pain relief was not worth the overwhelming side effects I experienced. It has made me decide to go drug free as long as I can.

Related Reading: cymbalta | chronic pain | arthritis

Comment from: cristian45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 20

Side effects were difficult to support during the first month of treatment.

Comment from: Linda19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 07

I was prescribed this after an attempt on my life. I've been taking 90 dose daily. It gives me horrible sweats, vivid dreams, constant yawning & lock jaw, it wears off in the evening and makes me extremely irritable and aggressive and finally it also did not prevent my manic/anxiety episodes from happening. Although I wasn't as depressed on it, it didn't help with my anxiety or manic behavior.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: PunkRawkMomma35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

I was prescribed 30mg once daily for a panic disorder. This medicine had the worst side effects by far, for me personally. Insomnia, dizziness, fatigue, loss of interest, dry mouth, loss of appetite, weight loss, dry eyes, felt drunk, and in a zombie-like state. Now granted, I only took it for 4 days, but it was unbearable to where it didn’t give me any quality of life as well as it causes me to miss 2 days of work due to the side effects. This medicine definitely wasn’t for me, but may be for others.

Related Reading: insomnia | dizziness | fatigue

Published: January 23

the dr prescription stopped being enough for me and I needed something more and my doctor wont provide outside the allowed quantity. so i ask few friends about getting more somewhere safe and trusted, he then introduced me to this market [email protected] they own a market on the deep web and we all know the deep web is the safest means of buying drugs without a prescription. Have been buying from them now for over a year and I think I feel better than taking the prescribed quantity. they deliver worldwide and are very safe and trusted. I know you also want more but don't know where and how to, here is a solution. enjoy!!

Comment from: Buy ADDERALL ONLINE45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 10

We have Narcotics,Pain Killers, Anxeity Meds, Sleeping Meds, Addys, Roxicodone, Xanax, Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, Roxies, Percocets, Hydros, Actavis, Vicodin, Adderall, Ritalin, Suboxone, Dilaudid, Opana ER, HGH, Xenical, Alprazolam, Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Oil And Many More. We ship all orders discreetly and we guarantee safe delivery for all packages. Contact us via Email: [email protected]/Call/Text: +1(507) 519-0838/ Wickr:icore88 website:kaziemedstore.com

Related Reading: roxicodone | xanax | oxycontin

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 01

After years of chronic pain, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, intermittent depression and anxiety, I did my research on fibromyalgia and had a conversation with my doctor. I had read about Cymbalta and my doctor agreed to prescribe it and see if it would help my multiple issues. I felt better after the first day of 30 mg of Cymbalta. The only side effects I had were insomnia and daily headaches the first week. My side effects were tolerable, and the benefits outweighed the side effects. I stuck with it, and have now been on Cymbalta for 4 weeks. I'm so thankful for this medication and feel I have my life back! I took high dose Xanax for years, I couldn't fall asleep without it. I have been able wean off Xanax as well, something I had been unable to do before. I see my doctor again this week and can't wait to tell her how well Cymbalta helps me.

Related Reading: chronic pain | fatigue | insomnia

Comment from: G-35-44on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 30

I suffer from Fibro and with out this medication I would be bed bound..This is my first recommendation to others that suffer as I do.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 15

I take 30mg for Fibromyalgia and it has helped quite a bit with no side affects. I've been taking it for 2 weeks.

Comment from: Sheila55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 22

Comment from: eva35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 03

helped me a lot but have put on heaps of weight and no sex drive left

Comment from: Texas Gal65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 21

This was recommended by doctor and one of his staff. This was to replace branded Welbutin because of other issues with my insurance company & as well as the manufacturer of Wellbutin. Using this medication almost killed me..as that is how I feel and what I went thru. Started out itching all over..thought it was just dry skin,so I used Oil of Olay on my face & Avons SkinSoSoft...This helped for several weeks...until on afternoon I had black stools after going the restroom.I freckled out calling husband at work. Trying going back to bed for a nap...that did not work, as my neck and ears started itching so bad I used straight alcohol to stop the itch...that worked for about 3 days...I'm retired,trying to maintain a legal head about all of this...much to my surprise one morning after shower, I pulled hair in ponytail, looked in mirror and saw my ears...they where red and twice the size and itched badly, go I got out the alcohol again...swab my ears and upper neck..got dressed and went to the drug store to talk to the pharmacy...as I could not get my doctor on the phone. They pharmacist said I had a very very bad reactions to this medication and call my doctor..he noted my profile on the drugstore records. Have me some the counter act the side effects and I went home. Trashed all remaining meds..Doctors office called for next hour appointment. Conversations at doctors office where not good, was upset at his staff,still am,however doctor did not know how many times I had called to ask for assistance. After a very long conversations with doctor he noted my medical file and not I'm on the generic Welbutin. Yes I should have know better, but this was a lesson learned...Never again.

Related Reading: dry skin | itch

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 02

Pain, depressant

Comment from: KRivers55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 26

My experience at first was ok. It did help somewhat with my depression, but not as well 4 anxiety. Was also told it helps with fybromyalgia, but not much for me. Still had to b on Valium and an antihistamine for my anxiety. I began having terrible side affects of sweating uncontrollably, flashes of light and trails of lights, elevated heartbeat, turning bright red, nightmares and complete exhaustion. In bed for days at a time. I thought I was feeling well enough to come off the medicine, with my doctor's ok,that was in April 2016. Thought i was going crazy when I started skipping days to cut back on it. Finally figured out I had to open the capsules and count the small little pellets until I was down to only about 10 pellets, then stopped completely end of May 2017. In this last month if no Cymbalta I still have the withdrawal symptoms 4-5 days a week. PLEASE be careful coming off if this medication as it causes many to have worse suicidal tendencies. Suicide has happened many times from this medication. Not all doctors know about these problems, BE CAREFUL!!!

Related Reading: depression | anxiety | valium

Comment from: shouwang200719-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 02

it works well

Comment from: fids4ever 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 12

First off I'll clarify why/what I'm perscribed this medication for, long term major depressive disorder with major anxiety disorder, social anxiety and PTSD, and for major chronic back pain due to disc degeneration and osteo arthritis in upper back with bone spurs and lower back with nerve damage. well, I'm having mostly good things to say about this medication so far. I was weaned from venlafaxine/effexor to duloxetine/cymbalta because after taking the venlafaxine for over 10 years with no complaints except the withdraws from missing or forgetting a single dose, I developed high blood pressure. So duloxetine was the obvious choice. During the weaning process there were no issues and I sailed through it, and noticed help with some of the back pains immediately, however as soon as I dropped taking any effexor I because forgetful and extremely sleepy on a daily basis. It has been about a month on just the duloxetine and the symptoms are getting less severe but are still an issue. There was one other thing I noticed since being on the duloxetine alone, I was slowly brought up to 60 mg twice daily and I have now forgotten my morning dose three times. Each time I was wildly emotional and crying intensely, the first two times I thought it might have been my issues I'm currently dealing with, however once again today I missed my dose not realizing until I take the evening dose, and I was insanely emotional and crying repeatedly today. I did some checking into this on the internet and this seems to be a somewhat common issue/reaction related to missing a single dose. Then I noticed today as well high blood pressure can also be a side effect, so not really sure which medication I would prefer at this point. the venlafaxine never made me tired, it actually amped me just a small amount, and with all my issues you can guess motivation is a big problem for me. However, I'm getting some added pain relief from the duloxetine, but very sleepy still. guess time will tell...

Related Reading: anxiety | arthritis | bone spurs

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 02

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia an it has definitely brought me relief!

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: Hurt Sox45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 26

Looking for help. Doc put me on Wellbutrin 300 mg in early 2014. Worked great until the depression bear attacked me again two months ago. He bumped it up to 400 mg with little impact. Now he wants to go back down to 300 mg and supplement it with Cymbalta. I fear the sexual and gastro side effects of Cymbalta. Has anyone tried this combination? Does it work on depression? How real are the side effects I mentioned?

Related Reading: wellbutrin | depression | cymbalta