Daliresp

Comment from: Ace2257, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 13

This drug does more than I ever expected it would. Ive been on it for two weeks now and have noticed I am actually able to do more activity than I had been. Obviously the drug is new so I cant speak for long term treatment but if it lives up to what its approved for then it will do wonders for myself. I experience numerous flar-ups a year and find myself in the ER at least once a year. If Daliresp can prevent one or two of these a year it would really help my quality of life. For now I would highly recommend this product

Related Reading: daliresp

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 19

I was experiencing frequent shortness of breath. Other medicine I was taking hurt my stomach.I have less shortness of breath able to do more without being attached to oxygen. No problems when taken on an empty stomach.

Comment from: Barb/CO, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 25

After getting past some rather severe side effects (nausea, frequent trips to the bathroom, lack of appetite), I love this medication. It has helped me immensely.

Comment from: rockhunter, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

I had been living off of my rescue inhalers and nebulizer constantly. The very first day i took daliresp, i noticed a difference. Less inhaler use. After taking this medicine for a week now, i rarely need to use my rescue inhaler, i can walk much further without having to stop to breathe. I have severe copd.So far the only side affect is teeth clenching. I can deal with that, i would rather breathe.Last year, i had pulmonary failure due to pneunomia.After that i have had to call 911 5 times, and be brought to er for steroid treatments and over night stays.I can breathe like i did 6 years ago. i love this drug so far.the medicine far outweighs the side effects. NOTHING IS WORSE THAN NOT BEING ABLE TO BREATHE.

Related Reading: daliresp

Comment from: bugs-mama02, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 17

I have been on oxygen for 5 years now. Before taking Daliresp I could barely walk 20 steps without having to stop, I now can double that. Recovery time of catching my breath is cut in half and my doctor can actually hear air moving in my lungs when before it was very deminished. I have been on this for 4 months with no problems.

Comment from: herb, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

couldnt do a lot of things without sob and now easier to breath and do alot of things i did before

Comment from: dodge, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

I have taken this med two different times with two week interruptions due to side effects. Both times when I take Daliresp 250 mg or 500mg both meds would not allow me to sleep at all. It was like someone had propped my eyes open. Also had leg cramps, extreme tiredness, made me very nervous and anxious. My system just won't tolerate this med. When checking with mfg I found out there is a lot of side effects and mine was nominal compared to the complete list.

Comment from: johnke02, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 06

I have been taking Daliresp about six months. The only side effect I had was weight loss, which I needed. Had difficulty sleeping the first few night's, but that went away. I have not had a serious flare up since I have been on this medication, felt better, breath easier, overall quality of life is better. Wish I had known about this drug long ago.

Comment from: Bettye , 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 21

After the first 30 days all side effects are gone and I breath great. I am so happy with this medicine. I've been able to half my other medicines. I did lose about 10 pounds because I did not have an appetite and some bowel problems but those were my only side effects. I feel great and my breathing is at it's best

Comment from: wigleyb36, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 15

I have been taking Daliresp about a year now. It has helped me immensely. Before I began Daliresp I could hardly move without being Short of breath. My FEV1 was at 27%. I visited my lung doctor this week and my FEV1 is now 48% and I am very rarely short of breath. I feel like a new man. I did lose 20lbs but the weight loss slowly ceased and now is stable. I needed to get rid of a few pounds anyway. I would recommend Daliresp to anyone with COPD.

Related Reading: copd

Comment from: C. O. Priest, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 28

I have severe copd & use nebulizer twice a day, rescue inhaler as needed (4 to 12 times a day) & symbicort 2 times per day. There's nothing worse than not being able to breath. Life sucks on my bad days. Started taking dailresp last month and it works great!! Breathing is a lot better. Feeling a lot better. Makes sense if your body is getting more oxygen you should feel better. Only side effects I'm having bouts of diarrhea and trouble sleeping but hopefully these will stop after a while. I can live with it either way.

Related Reading: symbicort | diarrhea

Comment from: Pink Patty, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

Been on since October 2011, has helped alot with having no flare ups of Bronchitis. By this time each year I should have had Bronchitis three times. Have copd with Bronchitis and asthma.

Related Reading: bronchitis | asthma

Comment from: Beki, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

I had to stop taking this drug because my hips and legs hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep at night. As long as I was moving Or walking i was ok, but when I sat down or laid down I hurt really bad. I was taking Vicodin for the pain so I could take the dilaresp for my lungs. Not good.

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: Healed Finally, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 06

I have been on Dailresp for a year now. I experienced mild side effects and didn't mind losing some weight along the way. I did experience some thoughts of suicide after being on it several months, but when I realized that it was a side effect of the drug, I simply cut out two dosages a week, and those bad thoughts went away. I have not had even a cold in a year, let alone bronchitis or pnuemonia over and over again. My insurance pays all but $60 a month for it, and I am sure they are glad as they are certainly not having to pay for the quantities of other medications that they would normally have had to pay with the cycle of bronchitis that I constantly suffered through. I never had any sick leave left, and rarely any vacation time either. Now we are looking forward to actually planning a vacation together. It may not be for everyone, but I thank God my son-in-law who is a respiratory inhalationist suggested that I try it, and my doctor agreed.

Related Reading: suicide | bronchitis

Comment from: pat emory, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I was taking this drug for approximately 2 weeks before I decided to quit because of side affects.... insomnia, shakes, numbness of body,feeling weird, but within a day I had one of those nasty breathing attacks. I have decided the side affects are worth it so I would have very few flare ups. I take an ativan to help me feel somewhat better after taking the daliresp, it makes me feel better. Atleast I can breathe now without laboring. Good Luck To everyone taking this drug, I hope it works for you.

Related Reading: insomnia | ativan | daliresp

Comment from: DODGE, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 18

I HAVE BEEN ON 250 MCG FOR 1 MONTH. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE TERRIBLE. EXTREME NERVOUSNESS, TREMORS, TERRIBLE INSOMNIA, I STARTED WITH 500 MG AND HAD TO DROP DOWN TOO 250 MG AND IT IS STILL TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS. VERY NERVOUS AND TREMORS IS NOT ONLY TROUBLESOME BUT IMBARASSING IN PUBLIC. SHAKE LIKE I HAVE PARKINSON.

Related Reading: tremors | insomnia

Comment from: Ranger Rick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 02

I have tried taking this medication twice now and have had to stop both times due to the side effects. I would say I have moderate Chronic Bronchitis. Both times I experienced severe stomach pains and nausea that have forced me to discontinue its use.

COPD Foods to Boost Your Health - COPD Diet Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: Jerry, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

I have bronchiectasis and bronchial asthma along with COPD. I use 3 meds in nebulizer twice daily. Was using rescue inhaler 2 - 4 times a day. In my 6th week with daliresp, I have used rescue inhaler only 3 times. What a joy to have such relief.

Related Reading: bronchiectasis | asthma | copd

Comment from: LLS, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 11

Have taken for about 3 months. IT WORKS! I had been having flare ups every couple of weeks - just finish one round of prednizone and anti-biotics and a week later would have to start again. Have not had a flare up with Dalisrep. BUT - I have had to stop taking. Felt nauseous all the time. No appitite. Lost 16 pounds since first of March. Absolutely miserable. Called my doctor yesterday and he told me to stop. I hope something can be done to tone down the side effects because it certainly does what it says in the treatment of COPD.

Comment from: barracudabecky, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 08

iv'e only been on this med for a few days and have had no side effects and i hope i don't .I'm praying that this med geivs me back some quality of life that my years of smoking robbed from me.I'll post again in a few weeks to let u all know.

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: pat emory, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 10

Since I have been taking this drug, 1 month, I have noticed the last week, my insomnia is very bad. My breathing was better in the early stages of the drug, but so far the last week, it hasn't helped hardly at all with my shortness of breath. It might be because the drug makes me very nervous, therefor limiting my air flow. Another thing I have noticed is its like my body feels like its going numb or something, like the air isn't reaching my legs and arms. Kinda of like when the attacks come. I will call my doctor today, because I think this is why my body feels so weird and I have shortness of breath worse than when I started the drug. For the people it helps, I'm very glad for you, and hopefully one day another drug, without the side affects will come out!

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: twodogs, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

I have been on the medication for 25 days and seem to be breating better. I am on full time o2 and still having shortness of breath issues. I also have some loss of appetite issues which is ok since I need to lose weight. I have swelling in my ankles and I wonder if this drug is causing that.

Comment from: Jeanne, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

I am an 80 year young senior with COPD, and I was so looking forward to feeling better and breathing better on this medication - so disappointed !! The side effects were too much to handle (stomach).

Comment from: Wasagolfer, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 07

On the 3rd day of taking this drug I developed severe diarrhea. I lost my appetite and consequently my blood pressure decreased and I felt faint and light headed. I do not know if these side effects would lessen over time, because my doctor told be to stop taking Daliresp after 10 days. This did not help my breathing as others have claimed.

Related Reading: diarrhea | daliresp

Comment from: learnedmylesson, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

I am a 57 yr old female who smoked for 40 years. I now am on o2 at 2L cont. I have taken this drug for 1 mo. and have very little side effects.Stomach cramps for a few days, Some strange dreams and waking often, but not much else. Here's to hoping for a miracle like we all wish for. God bless and good luck to all :)