Dapsone

Comment from: Giggi65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 08

I have had many side effects!! Stomach problems muscle soreness overall feeling bad. I just took 3 pills. 100mg. reminds me when I was on chemo when I had breast cancer. It did heal my breakouts but it made me so ill!

Related Reading: breast cancer

Comment from: ernie65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 22

Have linear IGA disease for 6 years. Took over a year to get accurate diagnosis and start dapsone. Very effective but but was getting less so. Started minor dose of CBD ( the non hallucinatory form of marijuana) and it extends the effectiveness of the dapsone so I do not have to increase the dosage for flares nearly as often, which keeps anemia in check. My canabis specialist doctor is watching this with great interest. There is a max. dose of dapsone that can be tolerated so this is reassuring.

Related Reading: dapsone | marijuana | anemia

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 02

I was on 100 mg twice a day. I ended up in the hospital with Methemoglobinemia, which is a rare side effect of Dapsone. Untill that point, my pain and swelling was relatively controlled.

Related Reading: methemoglobinemia | dapsone

Comment from: alphagal55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 01

prescribed dapsone for pemphigoid. red blood cell loss, anemia and yellowing of skin. Reduced by one to 50mg. tired and fatigued. Now forgetful and anxious. Blisters have been reduced but never gone away. I didn't expect the mental effects. Worried because I have important job and am not old.

Related Reading: dapsone | anemia