Daraprim

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 24

As a child living in West Africa Daraprim was used as a precaution against contracting Malaria - I took it on a daily basis for years. No issues at all - in fact I never knew of anyone having issues with it and most expats were taking it daily. It kept us Malaria free in a country prone to malaria and where malaria research was studied in great detail.

Related Reading: daraprim | malaria

Comment from: moondog, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 16

horrible skin infection, large swelling weeping water, on scalp and began to travel down my spine, first antibody given was keflex, had a violent reaction, almost died, second med cipro, again violent allergic action , almost died, in both caeses ephinephine used, third time must be the charm, clindomyicin, its working, swelling going down, am a bit better today, this has left me with a scarred face, and feels like it took years off my life, 57 year old male, Hawaii tropics.

Related Reading: keflex | cipro

Comment from: dupra, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

nausea, moody, irritable. I don't really know each one of them is causing all these side effects. But for toxo u take sulfa, daraprim and the corticoidsd. Aweful thing to have. And to treat is even worse.

Related Reading: daraprim

Comment from: robdn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 17

Used Daraprim for 3 years whenever in malarial areas of the world. Never had unpleasant side-effects nor malaria - though bitten many times by mosquitoes. The variety I use is very cheap and available in West Africa etc. and I take one tablet per week.

Related Reading: malaria

Comment from: robert, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

it does make you fill like you have a stomach upset.but thats ok if it gets the job done.

Comment from: JD, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I DECIDED TO LET THE TOXO KILL ME NSTEAD OF TAKING THIS DRUG . 3 DOSES AND BED RIDDEN FOR 2 WEEKS. iN THOSE 2 WEEKS I COULD NOT KEEP ANYTHING DOWN INCLUDING WATER AND DEATH WOULD HAVE BEEN A SWEET RELIEF.THER ARE LESS AFFECTIVE AND LONGER TERM TREATMENTS AVAILABLE THAT ARE VERY TOLERANT.